test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF PVP stunlock/burst dps guide w/ active stream for answering your questions

13»

Comments

• spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a display of this build made on http://nwcalc.com/ to have a fast overview ?
    Thank you.
  • baranthusbaranthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    Hey all :)
    First off - loving this build so far - thanks for sharing chainer!

Regarding feats - I'm unable to reach the paragon paths with just 20 points in heroics - I followed the same allocation but after i reached the designated 20 points in heroics, the pragons never opened. Now I have 22 points in heroics and STILL the paragons haven't opened! Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong please? :)
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    baranthus wrote: »
    Hey all :)
    First off - loving this build so far - thanks for sharing chainer!

Regarding feats - I'm unable to reach the paragon paths with just 20 points in heroics - I followed the same allocation but after i reached the designated 20 points in heroics, the pragons never opened. Now I have 22 points in heroics and STILL the paragons haven't opened! Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong please? :)

Your a human and humans get 3 extra feat points to spend so you have to spend 23 for the paths to unlock
  • baranthusbaranthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    Ahhhh nice one! Thanks for the heads up Max!
  • aurthurian777aurthurian777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any screen shots/tips of what powers to put points into? and what to avoid?
  • pvppimppvppimp Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is a fun control build that hits hard, thanks!
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just few tips: i would not use the 5 points in steely defense, which gives you, if you have 2k def, 500 power= 20 more damage (not much), but i would put them to max armor specialization and constitution focus, to increase survivability. Better than some more power if you ask me.

As passives, i would not use weapon master, but rather steel grace+ bravery. To put it simply: to work best, weapon master needs 5 stacks. You said, and it's true, that such a build playstyle is to hit and run. Well, if you hit and run, you don't really have much time to build weapon master stacks, which would require 5 fast sure strike hits before you start your rotation, to give you the best advantage.

On the other hand, bravery is very helpful cause greatly increase your mobility and the added deflection can help your survivability. And steel grace obviously is a must, as you said, for cc reduction. Mobility and cc reduction are best friends for a hit and run build.

Also: right now, you can meet quite some very, very skilled TRs and DCs. I think i do not exagerate if i say that those TRs literally dance around you going from stealth to dodge roll immunity to ITC all the time. And skilled CWs can easily dodge your flourish if you're not careful, teleporting out of range. You may find out that Landing the first flourish to start the stunlock fest is not that easy against those folks. Bravery can help a lot chasing them down and keep the pressure, but i would say that it's not guaranteed that you can get them if you meet them solo. So i'll stay with at least 1 team mate and never go around solo.

As for stats, since you probably don't have much con on this build, i would say that you should stack crit until you hit 2.2k-2.7k or so, which is around 32-33% crit chance. After that, you need 2k+ stat points to get up to 37-38%. Not Worth it imho. After you hit 2.2-2.7k crit, i'd go for ArP. As said, you have low con. Which means low base ArP. ArP stacks better than any other offensive stat. Bring it to 1.5-1.8k and you get -18% DR, which means +18% damage for you. Power, instead, gives you 1 damage every 25 points= 10 damage every 250. 1.5k power is 60 more base damage, which is less than the ArP bonus damage. Go up to total 24% ArP, then you can either go for power or more crit.

But i would go for crit-->ArP, then power only once you hit the cap with the first 2 stats.
    In PvP you can also stack ArP if you want to hit hard the GFs/ Sentinels, that usually have high DR. ArP keep stacking very well at 3k or more. Needless to say, very high ArP gives you no damage bonus on TRs/CWs/DCs, so it's up to you to decide if you want more power to do a bit more damage to everyone, or more ArP to do A LOT more damage on tanks.
  • gedenibogedenibo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How viable is this build these days? I ask because I have been trying to follow it but it looks like things have changed.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still viable but moreso in pug setting rather than premade vs premade, because of how bunker/turtle premades can roll.

Destros though have always been a bit more gear dependent in pvp. Sents can get away with lesser gear but still having the survivability to troll points. Sometimes you almost have to kite with destros, sents will more often facetank till things get real hairy; destros you have to be able to reposition/retreat more often.

PS if I remember correctly this build/guy runs the t1 berserker set. Its very very very glass cannon.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This build is sooo outdated loll 6 months old, a Stunlock GWF would be IV these days, and there unneccesarry points wasted in Sentinel for this build, lots of important points missing.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Id have to agree with steamroller though, you want to pvp the most efficiently with a GWF you go IV.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • gedenibogedenibo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Okay thanks for the advice!