test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFKing awesomeness for PvP!

asmoday12321asmoday12321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, I can look past your blatant Pay to Win aspect of the game, your outrageous prices for things, your miserable bank space, your miserable bag space, your overpricing for the guild bank and other assorted problems that have been done to death. All of these things are reasons I am going to quit the game, cept for one tiny little thing.
The PvP in here is actually fun. Its unbalanced as all hell, mundane and nothing new to any MMO PvP but its still kicking the teeth in of idiots that have no idea what they are doing. Simple tactics like, Oh I dont know....stand on the point and fight? People are way to easy to bait off points because they want that kill haha.

Here is the problem. You just end up with 7-9 people AFKing in these domination battles. So, when is this going to get fixed or shall I just go on ahead cut my losses and uninstall this nonsense of a game?
Post edited by asmoday12321 on

Comments

• kimmyjongkimmyjong Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I can look past your blatant Pay to Win aspect of the game, your outrageous prices for things, your miserable bank space, your miserable bag space, your overpricing for the guild bank and other assorted problems that have been done to death. All of these things are reasons I am going to quit the game, cept for one tiny little thing.
    The PvP in here is actually fun. Its unbalanced as all hell, mundane and nothing new to any MMO PvP but its still kicking the teeth in of idiots that have no idea what they are doing. Simple tactics like, Oh I dont know....stand on the point and fight? People are way to easy to bait off points because they want that kill haha.

Here is the problem. You just end up with 7-9 people AFKing in these domination battles. So, when is this going to get fixed or shall I just go on ahead cut my losses and uninstall this nonsense of a game?

10/10 Would bang
  • semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You know what would fix it?

A more fun way to get gear.
  • ezkiyuezkiyu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hahaa awesome post man. 100% agree. being raging here too cos of those afks and idlers. Some say that they just doing the dailys like its alright. wtf is that? seen a full guild team doing that today twice :D farming glory
    yea pvp is much fun and i hope they do something about that.

btw anyone knows is there a pvp titles? i got head hunter III and bloodthirsty I. but are there titles for em?
    Death to all Rogues! -Tripnotik
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can I be cheeky and point out that this problem didn't exist during headstart?

Yes, it's an issue now, but short of removing the AD reward, there are no good fixes. You cannot force people to play. The leader of the group can kick people and request new players, but that requires an active player to have the crown. Vote kicking is just as easy to abuse because of the small team size, and an afk timer would make people suicide or just jump around a little. WoW has all of those things, and the result is absolutely not different.

My suggestions would be:

- Remove the AD daily rewards.
    - Award Glory points based on the personal score (this may also help with fighting between nodes).

However, this probably won't happen. And besides, there are "legitimate" reasons to idle, e.g. when you are matched against a premade. I won't get bullied, so I will just wait it out.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    - Award Glory points based on the personal score (this may also help with fighting between nodes).

so either roll FOTM or go home if you want feasible rewards?

as you said, idling isn't that big of a problem. and if they idle in premades, at least no random who actually wants to pvp gets screwed.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bzzzd wrote: »
    so either roll FOTM or go home if you want feasible rewards?

You get the most points by capping nodes. I frequently get the top score by simply doing that, even if it means getting creamed by 2-3 opponents who then rush to the base you just snatched. I recall a match where I had the most points but a K/D ratio of like 5:15. We won, I got the blue item, even though I respawned annoyingly often. Half the problem is that people are afraid of getting killed.

The advantage of basing glory on score would also be that you can lose and still get the most glory. There is no score bonus for winning.
  • asmoday12321asmoday12321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I be cheeky and point out that this problem didn't exist during headstart?

Yes, it's an issue now, but short of removing the AD reward, there are no good fixes. You cannot force people to play. The leader of the group can kick people and request new players, but that requires an active player to have the crown. Vote kicking is just as easy to abuse because of the small team size, and an afk timer would make people suicide or just jump around a little. WoW has all of those things, and the result is absolutely not different.

My suggestions would be:

- Remove the AD daily rewards.

However, this probably won't happen. And besides, there are "legitimate" reasons to idle, e.g. when you are matched against a premade. I won't get bullied, so I will just wait it out.

There is never a legit reason to just AFK in something you queued for. If you are put against a 5 man premade then you fight them and you learn how to better play. By playing people of same or less skill you yourself never grow in skill and knowledge.

As for talking about WoW there was auto systems inplace to stop people from AFKing. There are the reports from players that were actually looked at and people were simply banned for AFKing. You took a great risk in AFKing with your account unlike you do so here where people like yourself think that it is ok to do it if you cant win. Sorry, but that is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor excuse. I have played WELL over hundreds of thousands of WoW BGs in my 7 years I played that game. I see more AFKing here than I ever did in WoW, or Tera, Or Rift,EQ, Aion and others.

The whole award glory based on personal score is how the system works now, and nothing will ever stop people from being dumb and fighting between points. They are there to get kills because they think thats what wins things. Removing the AD Daily reward system is a terrible idea, as it will stop people from even knowing there is PvP or even trying it and seeing that they actually like it.

There are many good ways to fix this problem actually.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they can implement some sort of counter that keeps track of the distance somebody moved or the time they spent moving/fighting. So if someone is totally out of whack with everyone elses average, or at least under a certain threshold, then give them no glory for that match and also give them a 1-2 hour timer or something before they can queue again. Someone who is AFK the entire match should be easy enough to spot but I've seen some that play for a few minutes and then go AFK for the rest of the match.

I'm not too in favor of a kick option as that could end up being abused.

Also not in favor of removing the rewards for a loss, or a poor performance, as that penalizes beginners and would lead to many people stop playing PvP. I think the current scoring and rewards are fine they just need to find a way to keep people out who wont at least try to play.
  • wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    semune wrote: »
    You know what would fix it?

A more fun way to get gear.

or they could remove PvP gear all together.
  • wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    There is never a legit reason to just AFK in something you queued for. If you are put against a 5 man premade then you fight them and you learn how to better play. By playing people of same or less skill you yourself never grow in skill and knowledge.

As for talking about WoW there was auto systems inplace to stop people from AFKing. There are the reports from players that were actually looked at and people were simply banned for AFKing. You took a great risk in AFKing with your account unlike you do so here where people like yourself think that it is ok to do it if you cant win. Sorry, but that is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor excuse. I have played WELL over hundreds of thousands of WoW BGs in my 7 years I played that game. I see more AFKing here than I ever did in WoW, or Tera, Or Rift,EQ, Aion and others.

The whole award glory based on personal score is how the system works now, and nothing will ever stop people from being dumb and fighting between points. They are there to get kills because they think thats what wins things. Removing the AD Daily reward system is a terrible idea, as it will stop people from even knowing there is PvP or even trying it and seeing that they actually like it.

Last time I played WoW they still had bots they just seemed like they wasn't afk. For example in WSG you would see the people try to take the exact same path and if they got attack they just keep running and never fault back unless they fixed this which i highly doubt it. It is still happening in WoW.
    edited May 2013
    wolfzilva wrote: »
    Last time I played WoW they still had bots they just seemed like they wasn't afk. For example in WSG you would see the people try to take the exact same path and if they got attack they just keep running and never fault back unless they fixed this which i highly doubt it. It is still happening in WoW.

1 person in 1 game out of 100 or so a day is nothing at all to compare to 7-9 in 8 out of 10 games now for NW.
    edited May 2013
    There is never a legit reason to just AFK in something you queued for. If you are put against a 5 man premade then you fight them and you learn how to better play. By playing people of same or less skill you yourself never grow in skill and knowledge..

You learn nothing by getting stomped by a premade, and they are not more "skilled" -- often, as individuals, it is the opposite. They win because they are a) geared, b) have a game plan (a routine), c) have an ideal class setup, and d) frequently use voice communication. It is entirely futile to try, and that is why I will just idle after the first encounter when I'm in a PUG and meet a premade. You can usually see after 10 seconds how the game will go.

I don't feel premades should get pitted against PUGs, not here and not in other games. I accept that this is how the game is, and I use the means the game provides that allow me to not get farmed by premades. I don't mind losing and I stay active in losing PUG vs PUG games, so this isn't what this is about. I just fundamentally disagree with matching premades against PUGs.

No one was ever banned in WoW for being only a "little active". Heck, the PvP there was and is flooded by bots and nothing was or is done about that, either. I handled premades vs. PUGs the same way in that game too. 95% of matches against premades are lost, and a 5% where you may actually get a good team of randoms is not good enough to expose yourself to twenty minutes of frustration and agitation.

I think it is worthwhile to look at WHY people afk and idle, and address those issues. Not get hung up on punishment and forceful methods. Unless you base glory gain on the score (the bonus you get is trivial), there is nothing you can do to make people play actively or well. If idling wasn't possible, people would let the respawn timer run to the end or let the opponent have all three bases so that the match ends sooner. WoW has proven all of that already. It was that way in 2005 and it hasn't changed. The more you try to force someone to do something they don't want to do, the more strongly they will resist.
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

How do you get better when you are getting your *** stomped by premades with full pvp gear? I am guessing you are one that rolls in pre made groups.

But really lets not forget the people that are bind camping, they get up into the rez spot and kill you as you load in as their buddies that cant get in stand down there and nuke you to death if you even try to get off their.

The pvp is broken lets just admit it, they need to have a gear score pairing setup so you go in against the people with about the same stuff on.
    edited May 2013
    You learn nothing by getting stomped by a premade, and they are not more "skilled" -- often, as individuals, it is the opposite. They win because they are a) geared, b) have a game plan (a routine), c) have an ideal class setup, and d) frequently use voice communication. It is entirely futile to try, and that is why I will just idle after the first encounter when I'm in a PUG and meet a premade. You can usually see after 10 seconds how the game will go.

I don't feel premades should get pitted against PUGs, not here and not in other games. I accept that this is how the game is, and I use the means the game provides that allow me to not get farmed by premades. I don't mind losing and I stay active in losing PUG vs PUG games, so this isn't what this is about. I just fundamentally disagree with matching premades against PUGs.

No one was ever banned in WoW for being only a "little active". Heck, the PvP there was and is flooded by bots and nothing was or is done about that, either. I handled premades vs. PUGs the same way in that game too. 95% of matches against premades are lost, and a 5% where you may actually get a good team of randoms is not good enough to expose yourself to twenty minutes of frustration and agitation.

I think it is worthwhile to look at WHY people afk and idle, and address those issues. Not get hung up on punishment and forceful methods. Unless you base glory gain on the score (the bonus you get is trivial), there is nothing you can do to make people play actively or well. If idling wasn't possible, people would let the respawn timer run to the end or let the opponent have all three bases so that the match ends sooner. WoW has proven all of that already. It was that way in 2005 and it hasn't changed. The more you try to force someone to do something they don't want to do, the more strongly they will resist.

Clearly you did not play the same game haha. Right premade against pugs is annoying but you do learn things when you play people are better than you and more organized and you are the disadvantage. You learn more in a loss than you do in a win and when you admit that and see this fact you will start to see what I am saying. Untill then there is no use in speaking with you in this issue as you are of the mindset that you have to fight people worse than you for you to get better.
    People got banned every single day. I personally watched thousands of people cry that they got banned daily from doing such things. I have reported people and went back to the armory and they are suddenly just not there anymore. There was and is systems put in place that worked. Just because you saw people doing it every so often doesnt mean nothing was ever done about it, surly you are not that naive.
    The reason people AFK is because they are bad at PvP and want the rewards for it. They think that getting the gear will make them good, or the fact that you can sell glory for ADs / zen items, or that people just want to troll. You need systems in place to force people to play. You queued for it play the game, but you are biased because you are part of the problem. You have admitted that you afk in those games because you think there is no hope to win. I can not tell you how many times I have been apart of a pug and watched that pug royally destroy a premade. If you queue for it, play it. This does not happen in PvE queues, why is that? Because there is a system in place to punish those that do this.
    edited May 2013
    How do you get better when you are getting your *** stomped by premades with full pvp gear? I am guessing you are one that rolls in pre made groups.

But really lets not forget the people that are bind camping, they get up into the rez spot and kill you as you load in as their buddies that cant get in stand down there and nuke you to death if you even try to get off their.

The pvp is broken lets just admit it, they need to have a gear score pairing setup so you go in against the people with about the same stuff on.

I have yet to "roll with a premade" because I know what I am doing and I can carry a team that is actually somewhat doing something. Why are you trying to personally start a flame war and insult me without reason?
    You can easily get that PvP gear, that isnt really that big of an advantage mind you, in a day. So this is not an excuse or a point in your favor.

The reason people are killing you in the rez spot, is because you are not leaving that rez spot. If you just simply walk away and take points there is 2 options for them. Stay there killing the afk and let you take the points and win the game or go after you killing you and win the game since your team is AFK.

I already agreed with you that the PvP is broken tho, but it is not an issue of gear at all. I tested on 2 different classes so far from 1-60 on the first and 1-45 on the other and the only gear I get is from the items I get in the games afterwards. Not need to be said Im undergeared yet Im topping the charts. Remember, kills and deaths mean nothing at all its about controlling the points. I back cap all the time and they all rush to take that and then you take another. YOU have to control where THEY go and that is how you win these. A gearscore will not stop people from AFKing nor will it stop CWs from being able to CC chain you or Rogues nearly one shotting people. Gearscore means nothing actually, its just a number without meaning. People put to much into it.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not PvP in this game yet but, I have PvP in STO. Whenever I find that I have been matched in a PUG against a Premade, I just have fun with it. I know I will not win so, I just send out friendly taunts. I pick one guy and try to kill him/her if I can. I mostly ignore anyone else due to the fact I end up getting focus fired anyways and no amount of healing/buffing will spare me one against five. In the end, it is just a game and it is not worth getting upset over.
  • bzzzdbzzzd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't really see how getting gangbanged by a coordinated team helps learning anything besides "get your own team"

afk'ing was and still is common practice in wow. yeah, people don't sit at the spawn anymore or fish in AB, but if they want to grind via losses with the lowest contribution, they will do that.

and before cryptic screws with the reward formula I expect them to get the basic mechanics right first, because I'm sick fighting 4:5 or even 3:5 - which is the point where I say "fck this"
    The reason people are killing you in the rez spot, is because you are not leaving that rez spot. If you just simply walk away and take points there is 2 options for them. Stay there killing the afk and let you take the points and win the game or go after you killing you and win the game since your team is AFK.

ahahahahaaha

oh wow
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I have not PvP in this game yet but, I have PvP in STO. Whenever I find that I have been matched in a PUG against a Premade, I just have fun with it. I know I will not win so, I just send out friendly taunts. I pick one guy and try to kill him/her if I can. I mostly ignore anyone else due to the fact I end up getting focus fired anyways and no amount of healing/buffing will spare me one against five. In the end, it is just a game and it is not worth getting upset over.

Exactly, that is the perfect time to test your defensive cooldowns and dodging and positions and what not. See how long you can survive while seeing how much damage you can pump out at the same time. See how and how far you can bait skills or bait people to come after you letting your team help you or sneak a cap or something. 5 people focusing you, you learn quickly where and how to survive to your best. With this practice you start doing this in full PUG games and holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is it hilarious when you have 2-3 on only you but they are not fully coordinated and you are just slowly picking them apart.
    edited May 2013
    1 person in 1 game out of 100 or so a day is nothing at all to compare to 7-9 in 8 out of 10 games now for NW.

lol more like 3 or 4 people on a 10 man team, how do you think that we figured out they where bots?
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yuck.

I could now say that people even afk in pve dungeons. My 2nd pve epic dungeon just ended this way because one gwf decided he doesn't need to fight so we left.

Premades vs PUGs is futile. There is a gearscore rating for pve dungeons, yet it doesn't exist for pvp and green geared player has a snowball chance in hell to win against a geared one in this game. It will even get worse over time.

Then we have broken game mechanics. That starts with random assigned group leader can kick a player. Now if you kick a afk player, it seems you don't get a replacement. Over an entry match with the pvp event running we got nothing.

Additional we have broken queue systems. Meaning let's say your group goes AFK, you don't like it leave the team. Join another pvp queue and find yourself in a PVE dungeon run. That happen more then once. :p Fun times, logout and wait a bit and start praying it fixed it.

Now add in we have whooping 2 pvp maps with the basic same layout just with a other skin the even manage to break one. Like every rogue can easy teleport to the spawn point in one of them or even caster can nuke down there if the use geometry. Oh yeah I have seen what a bored premade can do there...........

Finally the bigest offender for this PvP system is glory rewards. Lets say you lose a pvp match with 100v1000 when the event is running or fight to death and the match ends with 993 v 1000 you still get nearly the same amount of glory. So from a min/max standpoint losing a fight so fast as possible yield way more glory then standing and fighting over 20+min.

Considering that you can buy at last epic pvp items at lvl 60 with glory the extra pvp drops you could win for "good performance" are wasted.

Not to mention that we lost somehow gauntlgrym the 20v20 zone (I guess the add it back for the first content patch) so it doesn't surprise me one bit what is going on here with limited space and bored pvpers.

And this list goes on and on..........................
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know I'm going to get yelled at for this, but I HATE PVP with every bone in my body!

But from all my reading, it looks like I must have that PvP gear for my character to be at all viable. So the fact that I can join PvP and not bother to fight is wonderful news to me! So I fully intend to do this.

Forcing people to PvP for gear is a really stupid idea and probably the reason why so many people are AFK. Did it ever occur to anybody that maybe these people DON'T WANT TO PVP! But they have no choice if they want their gear.
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I know I'm going to get yelled at for this, but I HATE PVP with every bone in my body!

But from all my reading, it looks like I must have that PvP gear for my character to be at all viable. So the fact that I can join PvP and not bother to fight is wonderful news to me! So I fully intend to do this.

Forcing people to PvP for gear is a really stupid idea and probably the reason why so many people are AFK. Did it ever occur to anybody that maybe these people DON'T WANT TO PVP! But they have no choice if they want their gear.

Really I bet most of the people afking are people that power leveled in the foundry. Since it is easy gear they don't have to do anything for.
    edited May 2013

not really, it's just the easiest/fastest/least frustating way atm.

unless it's changed later, a lot of item are BOE, which means you can get then without doing any pvp at all (AH, trade etc)
    edited May 2013
    I have yet to "roll with a premade" because I know what I am doing and I can carry a team that is actually somewhat doing something.

Nothing wrong with that, if you have fun doing it. It's all about the fun, and whether you enjoy your time. For me, this is a game, and I play it for recreation. I spent years doing stuff in games that I didn't enjoy, and honestly, it didn't do me much good. So, these days, I am a little more selfish when it comes to my well-being and the quality of my life. I can't change how the matchmaking here works, I can only decide how I deal with it.

I understand why people play on premades. It's the smart thing to do, really. I just don't feel PUGs and premades should be put in the same matches.
    edited May 2013
    But from all my reading, it looks like I must have that PvP gear for my character to be at all viable.

Not at all, actually. Even with green items and a few blues, the T1 epic dungeons are a cakewalk and you get 10'ish Unicorn Seals for what takes maybe twenty minutes, plus whatever drops, and nearly always an extra epic item when it's Dungeon Delve. The PvP gear is not that great for PvE either.

If you lose every game due to idling, you need to lose 14 matches to get just the chest piece (4800 for the armor, 350 for each loss). At an average of 15 minutes, you are looking at nearly four hours. In the same time you will get more/better gear by running Cloak Tower.

So for gear this is pretty inefficient and slow'ish. For the daily, though, I can see why people do that. You need four matches for 4000 ADs.
    edited May 2013

I hate levling and PvE with every bone in my body!
    Why do I have to actually play with you guys and use my skills in those instances and learn the fights to get my gear? GOD ITS SO UNFAIR!

-.-
    I really hope you understand how stupid your post sounded haha.
    If they dont want to PvP then why would they want to join the PvP queue to get gear they dont want?
    you can go to the AH, and get it.
    edited May 2013
    I hate levling and PvE with every bone in my body!
    Why do I have to actually play with you guys and use my skills in those instances and learn the fights to get my gear? GOD ITS SO UNFAIR!

-.-
    I really hope you understand how stupid your post sounded haha.
    If they dont want to PvP then why would they want to join the PvP queue to get gear they dont want?
    you can go to the AH, and get it.

LOL says the one in the PvE focused game.
  • devilluk6665devilluk6665 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i did find myself vs a premade team it rly felt op but i still manage to get 6 place so i still got 600pvp points this game is way to easy u need 3 days to get full pvp set if u good and get first place u get about 1k+ points out of 5 games i find 1 premade and 1 with afk the rest 3 are normal and have no problem getting first place-i never premade
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not at all, actually. Even with green items and a few blues, the T1 epic dungeons are a cakewalk and you get 10'ish Unicorn Seals for what takes maybe twenty minutes, plus whatever drops, and nearly always an extra epic item when it's Dungeon Delve. The PvP gear is not that great for PvE either.

Oh, I didn't know that. This is great news! Because I really, really, really don't want anything to do with PvP.
  • korv0xkorv0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, I didn't know that. This is great news! Because I really, really, really don't want anything to do with PvP.

I was able to queue at soon as I hit 60 for the 2 entry level epic dungeons, and they aren't hard.

Though for time invested, if you win your pvp matches you can get the entire pvp set in two days (which I did) versus needing to run dozens of epic dungeons at 30+ minutes due to absurd amounts of trash to get a single piece of t1 (which is worse item level wise than the pvp stuff, but is usually better itemized for pve).