What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My compilation of CW bugs

Comments

• Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I did a test for tabbed CS as well, and it works. Only used none-crit, and Evocation changes both tool-tip and actual damage dealt.
  • Options
    polpopopolpopo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have found another bug in the Thaumaturge feat, the elemental empowermet. It doesn't prot for: ice terrain, shard of endless avalanche and icy ray. And also for chill strike if it in the mastery slot.
  • Options
    porter35porter35 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So quick question: if the Evocation "aoe" bonus only applies to certain spells, does that mean the two aoe-damage-increasing feats in the basic tree (Wizard's Wrath, Focused Wizardry) have the same restrictions? I'm lvl60 now and about ready to use my free respec and I'd really like to know if Conduit, Shard, Sudden Storm, tabbed Chill Strike, etc, are actually benefiting from those feats. Anyone checked this out yet?
  • Options
    dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    porter35 wrote: »
    So quick question: if the Evocation "aoe" bonus only applies to certain spells, does that mean the two aoe-damage-increasing feats in the basic tree (Wizard's Wrath, Focused Wizardry) have the same restrictions? I'm lvl60 now and about ready to use my free respec and I'd really like to know if Conduit, Shard, Sudden Storm, tabbed Chill Strike, etc, are actually benefiting from those feats. Anyone checked this out yet?

My CW is only lvl 26 atm but I have been paying attention as I lvl. When I dropped feats into both Wizard's Wrath and Focused Wizardry according to tooltips they only effected my tabbed CS and Shield. Arcane Singularity, Oppressive Force, Ice Storm, nor Conduit seemed to effected by dropping points into them via tooltips. Seems to me the feats work exactly like Evocation. Actually getting more benefit at lvl 26 with Arcane Presence on AEs since it gives damage bonus of arcane stacks on Tabbed CS/Conduit.
  • Options
    commonlispcommonlisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't seem to upgrade Evocation to Rank 3 (note I'm currently level 28). Does anyone else have this issue as well?
  • Options
    mtorcmtorc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone noticed the 200 Drake Seal and 120 Drake Seal orbs from the Vendor have the same stats and everything? I don't know if this is the case for other classes too.
  • Options
    violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mtorc wrote: »
    Anyone noticed the 200 Drake Seal and 120 Drake Seal orbs from the Vendor have the same stats and everything? I don't know if this is the case for other classes too.

I believe all classes have this issue. I remember a GWF in my guild talking about it on his weapons last week.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    commonlisp wrote: »
    I can't seem to upgrade Evocation to Rank 3 (note I'm currently level 28). Does anyone else have this issue as well?

Yes I had that problem.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another potential bug: Shards of Endless avalanche does not build up action points at all that I can tell. Been observing this all week.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    aphoraphor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    commonlisp wrote: »

You have to hit 30 before you can buy rank 3 evo.
  • Options
    commonlispcommonlisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aphor wrote: »
    You have to hit 30 before you can buy rank 3 evo.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    dniko96dniko96 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all lightning spells dont crit on initial cast. Aso pls modify sudden storm like chain lightning that bounces on enemies with 80ft range and make it more flashier it looks dull.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    Here is a fun one... Tempest Magic does NOT stack with the Tiefling Bloodhunt racial. We tested this with multiple spells, no gear. Guildees wasted their respects for this after we noticed Drow CW's outdanaging the Tiefling ones.

As it works right now, Bloodhunt overwrites Tempest completely. So instead of 15% extra damage to targets below 30% HP, Tieflings always only do 5% more.

No idea how all these bugs made it out of CB.

It made it in because most of the testers they had gotten in was looking for exploits to use to level outside of questing. For the first couple of betas you could not get anyone to PvP or truly test group content, again because they were trying to help level friends/guildies in crafting and adventuring before everyone else got in game.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    epikfails wrote: »
    Something that has been making me crazy as well, when you use a potion or try to cast Steal time or shard after teleporting it will put the skill or potion on cool down without it going off or giving you health back. This my be with other spells too but those are the ones i noticed.

Edit: This is only within about the first second or so after teleporting btw.

Ah huh! There is someone posting this issue... was starting to think I was the only one being...bugged... with this one.
    The countless amount of times I've been in a dungeon, teleporting from red circles of hurtfulness, to try and control the mobs with Steal Time, when all is does is STEAL MY TIME! The annimation is played throu, the countdown is applied.... but the spell didn't/doesn't do anything. It's extremely annoying as one has to wait for this CD as mobs get more frantic with party members wondering why the lack of cc. Also yes, teleport, health potion... no health applied, countdown applied.
    Other issues are being covered it seems, just wish they would fix them already due to them being talked about many beta tests ago. Like the omg stair bug in a particular dungeon that keeps showing the midboss cutscene over and over and over and over
    and over and over and...
  • Options
    vespirkavespirka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess the thing is that after blink, when your character freezes for a moment its still invulnerable, ive noticed that in pvp and therefore health potions and spells are bugging. Mb try to wait until it takes its normal pose, not even a second but less
  • Options
    uberoverpoweruberoverpower Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, this last patch supposedly did something with set bonus for CW...but I can't notice anything changed, at all.

Anyone know if it was with a specific single set or something? Tested 2 set bonuses and nothing.
  • Options
    axianamosaxianamos Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. I put on the gladiator set from pvp glory rewards. The set bonus claims that my tab slot cools down 25% faster. Yet the cooldown is the same regardless.

Also with this set on, my recovery is so high it claims I have a 71% cooldown reduction, and yet steal time sits at 14.1 seconds. In fact none of my abilities seem to have much in the way of reduced cooldowns at all. Chill strike is down to 8.2, which is cool i guess, and sudden storm did go down to around 6. Avalanche and Steal time however dont seem to be affected at all.
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Another potential bug: Shards of Endless avalanche does not build up action points at all that I can tell. Been observing this all week.

Your powers of observation are found wanting.

Shard does build up AP, but it's not consistent.
  • Options
    mordikaymordikay Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Far too much stuff not working for CW specially passives.
  • Options
    scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I have experienced most of the things mentioned in this thread ;() I even redistribute my powers/feats twice and I'm not going to make it again because most of the things seems to not work at all...

I really hope that soon all does bugs will be fixed!

Btw guys I wanted to ask you something:

I was wondering if "Tempest Magic" gives you 10% dmg to your current target or this apply to all targets under 30% HP? (If you cast AOE powers for example) Also is it true that the heroic feats that gives bonus dmg to AOE count only for single target?

Let me know if you know anything about that please because I'm not really sure... I do not have time to test it out for myself!

Thanks.
  • Options
    tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Does Conduit of Ice and Icy Terrain gain anything from the feats Wizard's Wrath and Focused Wizardry?
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    Good to know if true. Must have been patched because it was not working when I tested either. You discarded all crit hits, correct?

I tracked them separately. I had 4 columns of data, non-crit and crit with Evocation slotted and unslotted. I didn't have enough "with Evocation" crits to reasonably calculate any increases, but all the numbers were on average higher than the crits without Evocation.
  • Options
    violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tokse2 wrote: »
    Does Conduit of Ice and Icy Terrain gain anything from the feats Wizard's Wrath and Focused Wizardry?

I respec'd yesterday and I can confirm that CoI gains no (zero) benefit from any AOE boosting feats or abilities - that includes Wizard's Wrath, Focused Wizardry, and Evocation. I do not know about Icy Terrain as I did not put any points into it.
  • Options
    spr1nk3lsspr1nk3ls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    Either MAKE A FULL LIST OF which powers/feats are bugged so they dont spec wrongly or REMOVE ZEN COST on respec.

It can almost be consider SCAMMING since ppl pay for respec and then realise their new build is actually bugged. And there is NO ETA on when its going to be fixed.

I'm not one to complain, but i respecced once to a Frost AoE build...as I started to notice how inconsistent it was I figured I sucked...but these make total sense sometimes I kill everything, sometimes everything kills me...super frustrating. I already paid to re-spec once to the AoE and now since 1/2 of my stuff is broken I have to pay to switch back.... I'm about to re-roll or quit the game. Maybe its silly, I just find it frustrating. Thank you for this thread, otherwise I would just assume I'm crazy. (On the plus side I have great dodging skills from this)
    ?u=Spr1nk3ls
  • Options
    tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    violated87 wrote: »
    I respec'd yesterday and I can confirm that CoI gains no (zero) benefit from any AOE boosting feats or abilities - that includes Wizard's Wrath, Focused Wizardry, and Evocation. I do not know about Icy Terrain as I did not put any points into it.
    ok, thanks. Really hope they fix this soon.
  • Options
    projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kondesito wrote: »
    I cant see the post on the bugs section can you link it to me please? :D

Sure :)... This thread was started on the 8th I started a thread in the bug forum linking to this thread also on the 8th. We got a PW response on the 9th.

Here's the link to my post on the 8th:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?212592-Control-Wizard-Broken-Feats-Spells-Bugs-Thread-link
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • Options
    shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was testing today and feels like gladiator pvp set has cooldown reduces at least in tooltips. It also works weirdly like you only get part of that 25% per each piece of gear. Not sure what's the actual % in the end but I do see seconds go shorter in tooltips with all 4 pieces. Saw it in mastery and non-mastery slot. If people has been testing it with just unequipping one item(just to lose 4 set bonus), difference was barely noticeable in numbers; try taking them all off and then comparing.

Oh and I can confirm most of the bugs mentioned here. :) I want them fixed asap! <3 I already have middle-level human to go with my tiefling but I would rather stick with tiefling if "5% problem" can be fixed..
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!
  • Options
    thirstmutilatorrthirstmutilatorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want to see where Cryptic's priorities are - check out this patch thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?238781-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-22

No actual fixes, they are just closing exploits that are costing them money. So for all those hoping for all these bugs to be fixed - lol. You are SOL. If it takes WEEKS to fix an exploit that makes PWI lose money, imagine them fixing an exploit that only impacts us, the players.
  • Options
    oldtrahmaoldtrahma Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want to see where Cryptic's priorities are - check out this patch thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?238781-Patch-Notes-NW-1-20130416a-22

No actual fixes, they are just closing exploits that are costing them money. So for all those hoping for all these bugs to be fixed - lol. You are SOL. If it takes WEEKS to fix an exploit that makes PWI lose money, imagine them fixing an exploit that only impacts us, the players.

I have to admit when I read that "extremely weak" <-- (insert more descriptive words here) patch notes, I made a very audible "Ugg" noise like a caveman.

Needless to say very disappointing, especially when you consider the forums have been ablaze recently with even more bugs/exploits, not to mention the myriad of broken feats all of us players currently possess.

*Edit: Oh and I would also like to thank you all for your time and effort in these posts. I have been carefully following in the hopes of avoiding further unpleasant experiences with my feats. I bought one respec and will be holding off as long as I can, but I must admit with the awfully limited amount of choices we currently have feat wise, it's a little disheartening at the moment.
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    oldtrahma wrote: »
    I have to admit when I read that "extremely weak" <-- (insert more descriptive words here) patch notes, I made a very audible "Ugg" noise like a caveman.

Lol. Yeah, I let out a genuine sigh. Glad I am not a Founder, but I still spent $50 on a game that is borked as hell. This launch is actually worse than Defiance, and I never thought I would hear myself say that about any game. It is approaching ACM territory.