Install Arc
Options

My compilation of CW bugs

Comments

• Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As some of the other posters have noted I too have noticed:

Shard of the Endless Avalanche is easily interrupted just by continuing to hold down the MM RMB, whereas other encounter powers can be woven in without being interrupted. Also similar with Sudden Storm, it will interrupt other powers to go off with priority, and it never seems to critical strike, only smaller little 20-50 dmg crits. I have also had Steal Time get interrupted by movement when teleporting in closer to get in range. I wouldn't mind interruptions except they trigger the cooldown without the power going off, which more than once has resulted in death because a CC or finishing damage wasn't delivered at a critical moment, and all my encounters were on cooldown. My 2 cents.
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    This explains a lot.

Super epic that I wasted my points on Evocation, Chaos Magic, Sudden Storm, and Tempest Magic.

Bleurghtgs I should have rolled anything but a Tiefling so that I could at least benefit from Tempest Magic. Too bad I found this thread so late.

Looking at this bug thread it looks like there are more non working things with the CW than working ones. Good job PWC!
  • Options
    soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shard of the Endless Avalance seemingly gets destroyed if hit by any AOE. It would disappear all the time when I was doing epic Mad Dragon.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    Either MAKE A FULL LIST OF which powers/feats are bugged so they dont spec wrongly or REMOVE ZEN COST on respec.

It can almost be consider SCAMMING since ppl pay for respec and then realise their new build is actually bugged. And there is NO ETA on when its going to be fixed.

Well put.

/signed

Charging money for things that do not work is actually illegal. Wonder how they are getting away with this.
  • Options
    projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Create a whine post somewhere else this thread is for posting bugs and for people to see what bugs are currently affecting our class. Don't dilute it.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • Options
    nordjaganordjaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all,

Im new here, I've started playing couple of days ago, so I cant create a new topic.
    My CW is on 30th level and there is one thing that really irritates me sice I've started playing, DODGE and the way of animation. When I'm using dodge, everytime at the end of the process of teleportation, it just stops for a while and then keeps running again. Just wonderingif this happens to everyone, or just me?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    projx wrote: »
    Create a whine post somewhere else this thread is for posting bugs and for people to see what bugs are currently affecting our class. Don't dilute it.

Who is whining? All I see are bugs and suggestions.
  • Options
    davidfromdenmarkdavidfromdenmark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drussiv wrote: »
    Maybe it's not a bug, but has anyone noticed that there is delay in spells?

I mean for example you are using MM on LMB and then press tab as soon as it's up - it will take noticeable time before the spell is set in motion. On top of that, all spells, not just Ray of Enfeeblement which is said is a "cast", seem to be cast spells. They take time before they are "released" (e.g. ice chill, you can see the character kind of moving his/her hand(s) backward and the releasing the ice thing forward).

To me this makes the game experience not smooth, and I often get a little annoyed at this. Is this supposed to be the way it is? I can't imgaine so, why would RofE be labelled "cast" when the others effectively are too?

Yeah, same here, I am often hammering on TAB, Q, E and R, because they lag like hell.
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No. It does not. It also doesn't work on Sudden Storm... Go figure.
    Well, based on the tool tip, tabbed Chill Strike DOES benefit from Evocation, as do Ice Storm and Steal Time (and some others). On the other hand, Arcane Singularity doesn't benefit from it.
  • Options
    nuconmannuconman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somebody did mention it but when using Shield, if you pop it with a lot of mobs to hit the cooldown disappears and you can immediately cast it again and pop it again over and over. This is really useful if you're doing the foundry maps with the 50 or whatever of mobs that rush you. Just precast it, run into the middle and blow it up and you'll send them all flying back, recast, repop when they close in and repeat until they're all dead. This will reset the cooldown even if it's in the mastery slot if you want it to shove them back further and do more damage.

It also instantly fills up your daily every time you pop the shield so you can chain Singularity+Shield Pop back to back to back until you're down to four or five mobs which will still reset the cooldown if you hit them all. It could be a bug or just one of those crappy descriptions of the spell that should say "Reduces the cooldown based on damage done or number of mobs hit" or something. It's really fun in those giant mobby foundry quests though so I hope it's not a bug!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zellista wrote: »
    Well, based on the tool tip, tabbed Chill Strike DOES benefit from Evocation, as do Ice Storm and Steal Time (and some others). On the other hand, Arcane Singularity doesn't benefit from it.

The question was if it works while the skill is in the mastery slot, and it does not.
    Go test it on the dummy if you don't beleive it.

Here is the comment from the OP as well.
    "Never apply damage bonus if you have Evocation slotted, this is very important moment, because this spell is a cornerstone of CWs dps. Also I want to underline that this feat works perfectly if your Chill Strike is not in tab slot."

I can confirm that it does not work if CS is in the tab slot, but it does work if it isn't.
  • Options
    maxthekoboldmaxthekobold Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qrytical wrote: »
    The PvP set bonus (25% CD reduction on mastery) doesn't work.

Yes this is incredibly annoying! Other classes have working bonuses but we do not. Lame!
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    Here is a fun one... Tempest Magic does NOT stack with the Tiefling Bloodhunt racial. We tested this with multiple spells, no gear. Guildees wasted their respects for this after we noticed Drow CW's outdanaging the Tiefling ones.

As it works right now, Bloodhunt overwrites Tempest completely. So instead of 15% extra damage to targets below 30% HP, Tieflings always only do 5% more.

No idea how all these bugs made it out of CB.

After much testing I ended up speccing out of that feat. As a tiefling, those 5 points are completely wasted in tm. A big thank you to Elitist Jerks members for helping me confirm this.

Edit: A free respec token for tiefling cw's that have this would sure be appreciated.
    epikfails wrote: »
    Something that has been making me crazy as well, when you use a potion or try to cast Steal time or shard after teleporting it will put the skill or potion on cool down without it going off or giving you health back. This my be with other spells too but those are the ones i noticed.

Edit: This is only within about the first second or so after teleporting btw.

I love when this happens while I pvp because it almost always guarantees I will be killed.
  • Options
    thirstmutilatorrthirstmutilatorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is an epic thread. Please keep it updated.

My biggest issue is Steal Time and SoEA being wasted if cast right after a teleport, and the Tiefling racial not stacking with Tempest Magic.

My other issue is all the spells that don't crit properly! WTH is up with that?
  • Options
    lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    Here is a fun one... Tempest Magic does NOT stack with the Tiefling Bloodhunt racial. We tested this with multiple spells, no gear. Guildees wasted their respects for this after we noticed Drow CW's outdanaging the Tiefling ones.

As it works right now, Bloodhunt overwrites Tempest completely. So instead of 15% extra damage to targets below 30% HP, Tieflings always only do 5% more.

No idea how all these bugs made it out of CB.

Had not heard about this one before so looked into it. It seems that it does work, but it can suffer the same issue that evocation does, in that it does not currently apply to all powers. Aside from those, you should currently be dealing 15% more damage to targets below 30% health as a Tempest Magic wielding Tiefling.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Had not heard about this one before so looked into it. It seems that it does work, but it can suffer the same issue that evocation does, in that it does not currently apply to all powers. Aside from those, you should currently be dealing 15% more damage to targets below 30% health as a Tempest Magic wielding Tiefling.

Care to share which ones it works on? I tried it EXTENSIVELY (for HOURS) with three different spells and it worked with none of them. If it's just like Evocation, then it works on less than half of our spells, making it pointless to be a Tiefling.
    But hey. it's still better than working on nothing.

So please share the spells you tested, as the top 3 CW's in my guild re-rolled Humans after figuring this out. They are pretty hardcore min/maxers and theorycrafters, and wouldn't jump to such conclusions lightly.

Edit: Removing video link. Sorry, wanted to show people solid proof this bug is real.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If you tested using MM, don't forget that the third one always does extra damage.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Here is a CW bug video that shows this and some other bugs in action. It does this in an Ogre Kill Foundry exploit mission, but the data is valid.

Ummm.... You may want to remove a video that shows you bugs and exploits. Pretty sure you will get banned if you leave it linked. I'm surprised it's still up since only two of the mentioned exploits has been fixed so far.

Makes me really glad they fixed all the PvP C2D bugs.

And the guy obviously exploited the **** out of the Foundry. I reported him. He has 5 level 60's and the video is only a few days old.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Ummm.... You may want to remove a video that shows you bugs and exploits. Pretty sure you will get banned if you leave it linked. I'm surprised it's still up since only two of the mentioned exploits has been fixed so far.

Makes me really glad they fixed all the PvP C2D bugs.

And the guy obviously exploited the **** out of the Foundry. I reported him. He has 5 level 60's and the video is only a few days old.

Took your advice and removed the link. I just wanted to show people that it's a real bug. No harm meant.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you for looking into this lordgallen. It seems we have quite a few things that don't quite work ;)

Keep up the good work and thank you for communicating with your player base.
  • Options
    kondesitokondesito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Post this thread in the bug section and bump f for justice!
  • Options
    projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kondesito wrote: »
    Post this thread in the bug section and bump f for justice!

I did this a couple days ago and a day later we got a PW post :)
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • Options
    kondesitokondesito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    projx wrote: »
    I did this a couple days ago and a day later we got a PW post :)

I cant see the post on the bugs section can you link it to me please? :D
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if added here (couldn't find it) ranks in powers that should reduce recharge time do not work. Equipment combinations that reduce recharge time, as far as I can tell, is not working.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm testing Evocation right now, it is increasing the damage on the following spells:

[tab] Chill Strike
    Steal Time
    Shield

It did not affect:
    Shard of the Endless Avalanche
    Sudden Storm
    [tab] Repel
    Conduit of Ice

Furthermore, Sudden Storm and Shard of the Endless Avalanche both received no damage bonuses from anything I tested - those include Evocation, Arcane Mastery stacks, Arcane Presence, and Chilling Presence. As mentioned it never crits, and the damage is lower than it should. My tooltip shows ~4.3k to 5k, but my hits were usually ~4k to 4.7k.

Other misc notes:

Steal Time's buildup cast procs affects like Storm Spell.
    Conduit of Ice can also proc Storm Spell on each tick.
    [Tab] Ray of Enfeeblement gains 1 charge, but once both are consumed they recharge 1 at a time, so in a fight where you keep it up 100%, you only gain 1 charge at the start. However, when tabbed it doesn't benefit from recovery so you actually lose uptime. Furthermore, double casting RoE on the same target had mixed results - sometimes the damage went down and other times it went up (+/- 10%).
  • Options
    ascawethascaweth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    violated87 wrote: »
    I'm testing Evocation right now, it is increasing the damage on the following spells:

[tab] Chill Strike
    Steal Time
    Conduit of Ice
    Shield
    The list would be good if it didnt include CoI, that and AS was my reason why i started testing. Both didnt receive tooltip increase so i went to dummies and check it. Maybe you meant Ice Storm ? ;) (this is the only daily that is working with evocation, except for Maelstrom which i didnt test yet) Or maybe there is something conflicting with it if its working for you.
    Another thing, feats that increase aoe damage seems bugged same way as Evocation (Wizard's Wrath, Focused Wizardry), i didnt test them with all the spells, so there might be some slight diferences.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    violated87 wrote: »

[tab] Chill Strike
    Steal Time
    Conduit of Ice
    Shield

I can say with 100% certainty that Conduit of Ice does not have its damage increased by Evocation - unless they fixed it last patch, which I doubt. Something like that would be in the patch notes.
  • Options
    soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Casting Shield on myself procced Eye of the Storm last night. I can also confirm that the buildup from Steal Time also procs Storm Spell and Nightmare Wizardry. I can assume that it could also proc Eye of the Storm as well.
  • Options
    violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ascaweth wrote: »
    The list would be good if it didnt include CoI, that and AS was my reason why i started testing. Both didnt receive tooltip increase so i went to dummies and check it. Maybe you meant Ice Storm ? ;) (this is the only daily that is working with evocation, except for Maelstrom which i didnt test yet) Or maybe there is something conflicting with it if its working for you.
    Another thing, feats that increase aoe damage seems bugged same way as Evocation (Wizard's Wrath, Focused Wizardry), i didnt test them with all the spells, so there might be some slight diferences.

You are right, I must have accidentally equipped something else or had a buff going when I tested it. I logged in just now before leaving and it wasn't buffed by Evocation. Will edit above.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The question was if it works while the skill is in the mastery slot, and it does not.
    Go test it on the dummy if you don't beleive it.

Here is the comment from the OP as well.
    "Never apply damage bonus if you have Evocation slotted, this is very important moment, because this spell is a cornerstone of CWs dps. Also I want to underline that this feat works perfectly if your Chill Strike is not in tab slot."

I can confirm that it does not work if CS is in the tab slot, but it does work if it isn't.

I didn't even know where the dummies were until last night, so that's when I tested this.

I have Chill Strike in the tab slot, and plugged the numbers I got into a spreadsheet. I tested casts with and without Evocation slotted (upper passive slot), and I can say with some confidence that Evocation does buff Chill Strike in the mastery slot. With a sample size of 12 (with and without, 24 total), on average there was an over 16% increase in damage. The variation of +1% can be attributed to just the randomness, but even looking at the column of numbers showed a definite increase with Evocation slotted instead of Orb of Imposition in the same slot.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I didn't even know where the dummies were until last night, so that's when I tested this.

I have Chill Strike in the tab slot, and plugged the numbers I got into a spreadsheet. I tested casts with and without Evocation slotted (upper passive slot), and I can say with some confidence that Evocation does buff Chill Strike in the mastery slot. With a sample size of 12 (with and without, 24 total), on average there was an over 16% increase in damage. The variation of +1% can be attributed to just the randomness, but even looking at the column of numbers showed a definite increase with Evocation slotted instead of Orb of Imposition in the same slot.

Good to know if true. Must have been patched because it was not working when I tested either. You discarded all crit hits, correct?