test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[UGC Feedback] (Campaign) The Dweomerkeepers

2»

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    The Dweomerkeepers
    Campaign Short Code: NWS-DKPPXGRS7

Well Met Adventurers!

. . . . . I hear rumors have begun to spread after the discovery of a Mystrallan structure in the Neverwinter Wood! These rumors weave tales of a lost Temple of Mystra and a band of drow followers of Lolth somewhere within the Wood. Intrigued are you now? Hmm, well this structure may hold clues to the Temple's location, as Cleric Millan believes... indeed. The Cleric of Lurue has set about to hire adventurers in hopes at unraveling these Mysteries, you should go seek him in Protector's Enclave.

Safe Travels,
    ~Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

wotc_divider_center.gif

Update Notes: 07-28-2013

(Note: Ambient and Positional Sounds have returned in Act III. They will be brought back to working order in Acts I & II on their next update publishes.)

A Discovery in Neverwinter Wood, Act I
    . . . . .
    Millan, a Cleric of Lurue in Protector's Enclave, is calling for adventurers to investigate the rumors of an old Mystrallan building discovered a day's journey into Neverwinter Wood.

Mission Details
    Mission Name: A Discovery in Neverwinter Wood
    Short Code: NW-DIPI9V93T
    Mission Version: 2.0 (live)
    Last Updated on: 07-28-2013
    Number of Maps: 2 + Protector's Enclave (1 Exterior, 1 Interior)
    Mission Type: Campaign Mission Introduction, Lore, Story, Retrieve.
    Amount of Combat: Medium + Bonus Side Mission & Lore
    Language: EN-US/UK

Latest Update
    Version Number: 2.0 (live)
    Update Date: July 28th, 2013

Update Notes:
    - Corrected some grammar and several typos.
    - Added more optional lore objects. As a result, bonus area boss mobs (named ones) have been adjusted.
    - Bonus Mission: Additional optional lore items now trigger dialog with Millan properly to give them meaning for going into your inventory.
    - Few decoration adjustments.
    - Hopeful final fix for getting stuck on ladder.
    ( If you get stuck anywhere, please type /locvec and mail me the coordinates at @zebular )

Known Issues:
    - None.
    wotc_divider_center.gif

Off the High Road, Act II
    . . . . .
    Millan, the Cleric of Lurue in Neverwinter, has been studying the objects brought back to him from the Mystrallan Structure in Neverwinter Wood. Return to him to seeif he has discovered any clues to finding the lost Dweomerkeep Temple.

Mission Details
    Mission Name: Off the High Road
    Short Code: NW-DPLLC58A9
    Mission Version: 1.5 (live)
    Mission Type: Campaign Mission, Lore, Story, Combat, Retrieve.

Latest Update
    Version Number: 1.5 (live)

Update Notes:
    - Two glaring typo fixes.
    - Added optional Cursed Mini-Boss to fit in with An Elven Woman's dialog about the fog and noises.
    - Adjustments to dialog flow (e.g. "I'd like to talk about something else") in Cymathetra's Final Dialog.

Known Issues:
    - None.
    wotc_divider_center.gif

Dweomerkeep Temple, Act III
    . . . . .
    Millan, a Cleric of Lurue in Protector's Enclave, has asked you to return after he's had some time to gather intelligence on a group of drow who are also heading for the lost Dweomerkeep Temple. Return to him and find out what it is you should do next.

Mission Details
    Mission Name: Dweomerkeep Temple
    Short Code: NW-DUWQF9IXO
    Mission Version: 1.0 (live)
    Number of Maps: 4 + Protector's Enclave (2 Exterior, 2 Interior)
    Mission Type: Campaign Mission, Lore, Story, Retrieve, Dungeon Crawl Combat.
    Combat Amount: Md-Hvy, Mini-Bosses + Bonus Side Mission Language: EN-US/UK

Latest Updates
    Version Number: 1.0 (live)

Update Notes:
    - Several glaring typo fixes.
    - Adjusted the bonus mission dialog with "Veshirakktra" to reflect if bonus objectives were unwittingly completed pior.
    - Temple Grounds, darkened the surrounding outside the lolth dome.
    - Correct sky returns. Lolth's dome is more apparent now.
    - Ambient sounds return.

Known Issues:
    - None.
    wotc_divider_center.gif
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . .
    Millan, a Cleric of Lurue in Protector's Enclave, is calling for adventurers to investigate the rumors of an old Mystrallan building discovered a day's journey into Neverwinter Wood.

Mission Details
    Mission Version: 2.01 (live)
    Last Updated on: 07-29-2013
    Amount of Combat: Medium + Bonus Side Mission & Lore

Update Notes
    Version Number: 2.01 (live)
    Update Date: July 29th, 2013

Update Notes:
    - Ambient and Situational Souds Return!.
    - Corrected the Sorcerer's Soulmagic effects, one of them was incorrectly setup and wasn't appearing.
    Known Issues:
    . . . . . I just ran the mission on my mage. I don't know if this is a game bug, but when I got to the ending dialog with Millan and then to the finishing the dialog, the very last objective is supposed to be to go loot the reward chest next to Sergeant Knox. However, I could not get the objective to update here until I relogged then spoke with Millan again. I am leaning towards this being an isolated game-bug. So, if you cannot get the objective at the end to turn in and be directed to loot the reward chest, try going to character select screen and then log back in. Please report this as an actual Game Bug if it happens, for there is nothing wrong with the Mission's Objectives.

Off the High Road, Act II
    . . . . .
    Millan, the Cleric of Lurue in Neverwinter, has been studying the objects brought back to him from the Mystrallan Structure in Neverwinter Wood. Return to him to seeif he has discovered any clues to finding the lost Dweomerkeep Temple.

Mission Details
    Mission Name: Off the High Road
    Short Code: NW-DPLLC58A9
    Mission Version: 1.51 (live)
    Last Updated on: 07-29-2013
    Mission Type: Campaign Mission, Lore, Story, Combat, Retrieve.

Latest Update
    Version Number: 1.51 (live)
    Update Date: July 29th, 2013

Update Notes:
    - Ambient & Situational Sounds Return!
    - Added small water effect to the cave entrance on map 1, sound to boot.

Known Issues:
    - None.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A Weave in Time, Act IV
    . . . . .
    A letter arrives for you from the postal courier signed by Cleric Millan Freemor of Lurue. It reads "Great Adventurer! I uncovered something interesting... If you're up for another trip to the Dweomerkeep Temple, come visit me in Protector's Enclave."

Mission Details
    Mission Name: A Weave in Time (BETA VERSION)
    Short Code: NW-DDJNKTXJP
    Mission Version: 1.3 (BETA VERSION)
    Last Updated on: 09-02-2013
    Number of Maps: 2 + Protector's Enclave (1 Interior, 1 Exterior)
    Mission Type:Lore, Story, Combat.
    Amount of Combat: Md-Hvy, Mini-Bosses (Dialog Heavy)
    Language: English

Update Notes
    Version Number: 1.3 (BETA VERSION)
    Update Date: Spetember 2nd, 2013

Update Notes:
    - First Publishing of the Beta Testing version of Act IV. Expect many changes on to live version yet!
    Known Issues:
    . . . . . Additional Teleporters were not placing properly in the 2nd Map, therefore the 2nd map has no combat. The combat for the 2nd map will come back when Teleporters are fixed. Ending reworked to flow properly without for the time being.

. . . . .The barrier to the portal is missing runes and looks pretty drab. Return already in place for next publish.

. . . . .The Ashmadai runes on the south door do not appear properly. Cause unknown.

. . . . .Be advised, this is a testing version. Many little things will change from now onto final publish. Please let me know what you think so far and keep in mind, there is supposed to be a player encounter-able combat scene on the 2nd map, but due to Teleportation device errors, it was omitted from the beta release.

If you haven't played through all the missions recently, you may want to again as many little things have changed over the past couple months to line up with Act IV better.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A Weave in Time, Act IV
    . . . . .
    A letter arrives for you from the postal courier signed by Cleric Millan Freemor of Lurue. It reads, "Great Adventurer! I uncovered something interesting... If you're up for another trip to the Dweomerkeep Temple, come visit me in Protector's Enclave."

Mission Details
    Mission Version: 1.4 (BETA VERSION)
    Last Updated on: 09-03-2013
    Mission Type: Lore, Story, Dungeon Crawl (Dialog Heavy)
    Amount of Combat: Md-Hvy, Mini-Bosses

Update Notes
    Version Number: 1.4 (BETA VERSION)
    Update Date: September 3rd, 2013

Update Notes:
    - The barrier to the portal on the first map has its aesthetics back.
    - Re-added a combat encounter and mission objectives to the 2nd map. Found a working teleporter!

Known Issues:
    - The ashmadai runes on the south door are not always appearing correctly, graphically. Still unable to pin-point down the cause, it may be a game bug.

. . . . . Be advised, this is a testing version. Many little things will change from now onto final publish. Please let me know what you think so far!

. . . . . If you haven't played through all the missions recently, you may want to again as many little things have changed over the past couple months to line up with Act IV better.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A Weave in Time, Act IV
    . . . . .
    A letter arrives for you from the postal courier signed by Cleric Millan Freemor of Lurue. It reads, "Great Adventurer! I uncovered something interesting... If you're up for another trip to the Dweomerkeep Temple, come visit me in Protector's Enclave."

Mission Details
    Mission Version: 1.6a (BETA VERSION)
    Last Updated on: 09-05-2013

Update Notes
    Version Number: 1.6a (BETA VERSION)
    Update Date: September 5th, 2013

Update Notes:
    Version 1.6 changes;
    - Neuroa Shadowburn first encounter dialog: She now emotes better, changed her idle stance and dialog stance to prevent her from acting like a flirtatious teenager.
    - Non-combat Ashmadai NPCs now spawn in place of their Battle Spawn points to add flavor to the "Approach the Ashmadai" objective.
    - Fixed the ashmadai runes, they should appear and disappear properly now!
    - Added an optional area to the sewers map with dialog and battle encounters.
    - Added a secret encounter in the sewers map with special actions.
    - Re-worded a couple objectives for the sewers map.
    - Corrected "fail" text when using the barrier when not all criteria are met. Added a hint.
    - Added some more aesthetics to the surrounding landscape on the Temple Grounds map.
    - The Green Portal NPCs now have varying idle speech that changes when a related objective is complete.
    Version 1.6a changes;
    - Fixed many left-over typos in many dialogs.
    - Corrected the spawn/despawn of the NPC associated with the elusive red leather book.

Known Issues:
    - None

. . . . . This is probably the last major update for the Beta Version. The next update will be for the live version. If you haven't played through all the missions recently, you may want to again as many little things have changed over the past couple months to line up with Act IV better.
  • Options
    roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    Playing through the campaign right now and really enjoying it!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    roguish98 wrote: »
    Playing through the campaign right now and really enjoying it!
    . . . . . Awesome, thanks! Hope you keep enjoying them. Let me know what you think! Really interested in feedback for Act IV before I publish it as a live version.

. . . . . I just now published a small update to Act IV, which fixed all the remaining typos I could find and corrected the NPC associated with the red leather book. He was disappearing at the wrong time!

Act IV is now version
    1.6a (beta version)

Act V is already underway.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A Weave in Time, Act IV
    . . . . .

Mission Details
    Mission Name: A Weave in Time
    Mission Version: 1.1 (live)
    Last Updated on: 09-05-2013

Update Notes
    Version Number: 1.1 (live)
    Update Date: September 12th, 2013

Update Notes:
    Version 1.0 (live) changes;
    - Removed notes about this act being a Beta Version. It is now Live!
    - Moved one of the red leather books to a more notice-able location.
    - A few minor unlisted cosmetic changes were also done.
    Version 1.1 (live) changes;
    - Made certain spiders not spawn until after a certain mob was killed, to prevent them from aggroing through a doorway, which made the door unusable while in combat aggro.

Known Issues:
    - None.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    . . . . .

Mission Details
    Mission Version: 2.3 (live)
    Last Updated on: 09-13-2013
    Amount of Combat: Low to Medium

Update Notes
    Version Number: 2.3 (live)
    Update Date: September 13th, 2013
    Update Notes for Version 2.2
    - Added two additional Relics to Secure.
    - Split up the Secure the Relics objectives into five individual objectives to allow them each to have dialog and item drops.
    - The Scroll Case replaced as an objective and no longer drops a single scroll with a lore tooltip. This tooltip became truncated by the 100 character limit. This has instead been replaced by a "Bunch of Scrolls" as an objective.
    - Each of the 5 relics now have proper descriptions to give substance.
    - To save space, the 5 relics are now combine-able as part of an objective into one item shortly after acquiring them.
    - The Sewers are now part of the Objectives.
    - Most mobs have had their spawn Y axis adjusted to ensure they do not spawn below the ground or on the roof.
    - The Amulet dropped by the Dead Half-Elf reworked a bit but remains part of an optional lore unlock. If players return with the amulet, it unlocks dialog with Millan explaining that they may have missed something optional.
    Update Notes for Version 2.3
    - Fixed a couple typos and item descriptions.
    Known Issues:
    . . . . . None.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I have once again begun working on Acts 5 through 8! I do apologize for taking so long to continue working on the second half of the Campaign. I got sucked into Sharandar and Dread Ring and the advancement of several characters to 60 (and beyond, equipment, etc.) as well as health issues.

The information in the thread on current available missions is still accurate.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    . . . I forgot to updated, I tried another attempt at fixing the respawn point in Act IV. This time, I moved it to another location entirely, swapping places with a Mob's spawn point. Hopefully this fixes it once and for all! Thanks everyone who reported this, as it is not something I can reproduce in the foundry. I have to actually play the mission for real for spawn points to work for testing.

. . . Still slowly working on Act V. I've scrapped it three times now as I keep getting frustrated trying to make branching objectives and consequences for good, neutral, and evil choices in dialog and actions. *grumbles* Taking a break from working on it for a week I think, as I don't like getting aggravated at a game.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Still slowly working on Act V. I've scrapped it three times now as I keep getting frustrated trying to make branching objectives and consequences for good, neutral, and evil choices in dialog and actions. *grumbles* Taking a break from working on it for a week I think, as I don't like getting aggravated at a game.

Have you looked at the Advanced Foundry Topics on the wiki - shows how you can handle "detecting" different OR and AND conditions fairly easily.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Have you looked at the Advanced Foundry Topics on the wiki - shows how you can handle "detecting" different OR and AND conditions fairly easily.
    Awesome, thanks! I'll check that out for sure! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Progress Updates

The Present - Dweomerkeep Library, Act V:
    Act V is progressing nicely, albeit slower than hoped. I've been working on it for about 3-6 hours a week for the past couple weeks. Ambi got to jump around and test getting to places, if that's any good hints at what's in store for Act V!

No ETA yet on it going live. At this rate, it will most likely be a few more weeks yet, to a month. Right now, Winterfest occupies most of my game-time.

If you happen to see Act V published (Dweomerkeep Library) before a posting here of the details, it will be a TEST PUBLISH meant only for me and a select few to test certain things that are only test-able on the live server. Test publishes won't appear in the Campaign list and will usually only be up for an hour or two at a time. If you hop into a test publish, expect it to be broken or have otherwise undesirable outcomes in gameplay and visuals.

The Future - Acts V through VIII:
    Players will continue their fantastical Mystra/Selûne/Shar/Lolth related adventures in the Sword Coast regions and in and out of the planes and feywild. Act VIII will bring to a close the story arc, aligning to 5th edition timeline (post 1479 DR). It will end with a tie-in to a future Campaign that will begin sometime after 1479 DR using 5th Edition Source Material for the lore. Staying in your timeline however, can never be assured...

Unknown Timeline - Updates & Related Campaigns:
    Updates to older missions...
    Acts I through IV will get make-overs to update any story changes and fix any minor bugs or issues. I'll still fix any gameplay breaking bugs but small lore/typo related things will have to wait.
    The future of the Arcane Age...
    Get lost in and experience an alternate reality where Mystryl never perished from the casting of Karsus' Avatar, while trying to find your way back to your own reality. This will be a separate campaign from Dweomerkeepers and it's Sequel but will tie into both in some fashion. This campaign will be a direct translation from my 20+ year ongoing FR Campaign, where lore and events post-Karsus' Avatar will not be cannon.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for the delay but I just got some awesome tips on Teleporters (that post and the one below my reply to it) that will hopefully allow me to continue working on Act V. All former missions (besides the un-nestled spotlight one) should all still be working properly and provide ample gameplay and story.

So, as I enter Next week, I should have plenty of time to get back to work on Act V. On that note, I'd also like to take this time to say that I welcome all suggestions on things players would like to see, including but not limited to the following:

wotc_divider_center.gif

Player Interaction & Future Updates Planned:

Thank you for the feedback and I am very happy you have enjoyed them so far!

. . . . . I have often thought of adding more dialog options and was thinking that mayhap what I can do is ask players what kind of questions "They would ask" the NPCs in the dialog choices and then it might be worth-while to go through and add in some of those requests as the Campaign Develops.

. . . . .I did add one "evil" act in the very beginning of Act I when I replaced the Abort Exit on the first map. I also do feel adding more neutral and evil responses would be nice to do also. Act II also see's some "rude" choices when speaking with the Drow Street Urchin also. Aside from these though, yes evil choices are quite lacking in the Campaign.

. . . . . So, if anyone has any Dialog Choices that they would like to see with any of my NPCs, just reply with the following:
    1. What Mission is the NPC in?
    2. What Map is the NPC on?
    3. What is the name of the NPC?
    4. What dialog would you like more choices for?
    5. What specific questions or choices would you like to see for this NPC/Dialog?
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing part V once it's finished.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
This discussion has been closed.