test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celestial/Ardent coin clarification

justice4justice4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As I understand it, you can get 1 ardent coin and 1 celestial coin per day, and if you don't log in for a day you lose all of your celestial coins. As for using them though, am I correct in assuming that Ardent coins are used to buy things only in the "Ardent Favor" shop tab, and Celestial coins are used to buy things only in the "Celestial Synergy" tab?
Post edited by justice4 on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are exactly right.
  • mirelshadowbloodmirelshadowblood Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi All,

I had a question as well on this.
    I would like the white horse, but it is 100 celestial coins.

Does this mean, 1 coin per day for 100 days if I can login?
    That means 3 months?

Miri
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Your celestial stack is limited in size to 7, no matter how many days in a row you log in. As for the horse, those are ardent coins and yes it will take 100 days
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About the celestial coins I have been logging in everyday and the coins have not been staying. When I hover over those it says 1 day 5hrs remaining.

I assume if you log in in that time the timer resets? I get the feeling the timers isn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    About the celestial coins I have been logging in everyday and the coins have not been staying. When I hover over those it says 1 day 5hrs remaining.

I assume if you log in in that time the timer resets? I get the feeling the timers isn't.

You need to invoke every 1 day 5hrs, logging in itself does not give you the coins
  • elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »

Don't just log in, invoke.

If you go that long without INVOKING, you lose them.
  • kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what if a patch causes u issues, and it takes 2 days to get it resolved., your SOL.. ? they need to find a way to fix that, like maybe use the gateway or something to give you some way to get back on track if something keeps u from logging in.

just seems right...
    "Drive it like u stole it"
    edited May 2013
    kent10s wrote: »
    so what if a patch causes u issues, and it takes 2 days to get it resolved., your SOL.. ? they need to find a way to fix that, like maybe use the gateway or something to give you some way to get back on track if something keeps u from logging in.

just seems right...

The most you can ever lose is 7 coins. I have not seen downtime for 29 hours yet, otherwise you might have a point
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Don't just log in, invoke.

If you go that long without INVOKING, you lose them.
    Oh I see, I don't always think of invoking right away. I wonder why they went with a system like this other than to annoy the player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because it gives you something to do while your standing next to the bonfire healing. Besides it gives more than just the Coins, you can also get XP, potions, AD, and short term bonuses to your stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bernyk31bernyk31 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im having an issue where i cannot redeem the coins, i've got 7/7 however when i attempt to redeem them for any of the possible items it says i do not have enough coins. suggestions?
  • lythanorlythanor Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this is the most scumbag thing in the world. How they expect people to play every day for 360 days in a row to get the angel is beyond me. People have real lives too with holidays and things that occur. Punishing people for not playing every single day of the week is terrible.
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    bernyk31 wrote: »
    im having an issue where i cannot redeem the coins, i've got 7/7 however when i attempt to redeem them for any of the possible items it says i do not have enough coins. suggestions?

Make sure you are buying from the Celestial Synergy window and not the Ardent Favor tab.
    (Click on the little yellow circle or sun looking icon, next to the 1 hour timer by you mini map and both vendors will show up for Celestial and Ardent).
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lythanor wrote: »
    Yeah this is the most scumbag thing in the world. How they expect people to play every day for 360 days in a row to get the angel is beyond me. People have real lives too with holidays and things that occur. Punishing people for not playing every single day of the week is terrible.

To get the angel you need Ardent coins NOT Celestial coins. Ardent coins do not disappear if you don't log in and invoke; they are persistent. Celestial coins DO disappear if you don't log in and invoke. That's the bad news. The good news is that they only accumulate to seven coins and that is the top limit of what can be spent to buy an item with them.

Lottie
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi All,

I had a question as well on this.
    I would like the white horse, but it is 100 celestial coins.

Does this mean, 1 coin per day for 100 days if I can login?
    That means 3 months?

Miri

its 100 ardent coins, but yes thats 1 coin per day...gonna have to do something to allow us more coins... because a few things on that list are highly sought after.
  • bernyk31bernyk31 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am attempting to purchase off the celestial tab but still running into this issue, and i have restarted myclient a few times
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    bernyk31 wrote: »
    i am attempting to purchase off the celestial tab but still running into this issue, and i have restarted myclient a few times

How many coins does it show you have? I think it should say on the bottom right of the window should be something like #/7 (# meaning how many coins you have currently).
  • reserton87reserton87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    How many coins does it show you have? I think it should say on the bottom right of the window should be something like #/7 (# meaning how many coins you have currently).

Sick of seeing people accused of being on the "wrong window" or not having enough coins.

I am on the Celestial synergy page, I have 7/7 Celestial coins and it says I do not have enough for ANY of the items. Why is this not working? I am loosing coins now because I am maxed out.

//Figured it out, it will say you do not have enough coins when infact your inventory is full. Error messages need updating.
    edited May 2013
    reserton87 wrote: »
    Sick of seeing people accused of being on the "wrong window" or not having enough coins.

I am on the Celestial synergy page, I have 7/7 Celestial coins and it says I do not have enough for ANY of the items. Why is this not working? I am loosing coins now because I am maxed out.

//Figured it out, it will say you do not have enough coins when infact your inventory is full. Error messages need updating.

People ask that because TONS of people don't' realize it. Hence why I tried to help.

Just like how you had a simple problem with a simple answer.... inventory space is needed.

Next time when someone asks this questions ill just say "Hey, is your inventory full?" :D
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . .It's an optional incentive to remain active in the game. Forsaken World has a lot of incentives in this regard, which I hope are adopted into the Invocation System here in NWO. I really like Forsaken World's rewards for being an active player. Right now, I see the Celestial Coins as the start of a system similar to what we see in Forsaken World and look forward to it growing and getting better.
  • kominalitokominalito Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can someone tell me when a "day" flips for invocation. If I pray in the morning and go to pray the next day in the evening it resets.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kominalito wrote: »
    Can someone tell me when a "day" flips for invocation. If I pray in the morning and go to pray the next day in the evening it resets.

The timer is set to you. You have 29 hours from the last time you invoked to invoke again or you loose your celetial coins. You can earn a new coin 20 hours from your last invoke. So you are given a 9 hour window. Best way to avoid loosing coins is to try to do your invoking at about the same time each day, keep it consistent, and you wont screw yourself up.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

29 hours after you last received celestial/ardent coins
    21.jpg
  • kominalitokominalito Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks to the both of you. That is saving me a headache.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Thanks to the both of you. That is saving me a headache.
    . . . . . If you hover your mouse over the round invocation icon on your screen (to do this, go into alt-mode), the tool-tip should tell you how long you have left. I'm closing this because it was necro'd and necromancy is not allowed.
This discussion has been closed.