test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone ever been banned for typing specific things?

lepapalepapa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My woman received mail with the title "I love you", and the contents were just the typical gold selling spam <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

As she types the contents of the mail(mostly the website involved) in party chat, shes automatically and instantly kicked off the game and banned. Were waiting for the support ticket to be answered, but just found this peculiar. We have never played any game with such strict rules adhering to what you can type.

Has this happened to anyone else? I tried searching but to no avail.

PS: We have never tried using the Foundry and its quests. I did manage to find a lot of exploiting regarding these when I searched for my problem. Just stating this before some people throw this as a possible reason.
Post edited by lepapa on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lepapa wrote: »
    My woman received mail with the title "I love you", and the contents were just the typical gold selling spam <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

As she types the contents of the mail(mostly the website involved)

If she typed the website of the gold seller then that could be a reason.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    So, she spammed an advertisement for a gold-selling site into chat, while a GM was adding the website to the spam filter, and got banned along with the original account advertising that gold-selling site?

Well, yeah. Sort of the same thing as if you took a can of spraypaint and copied some graffiti from one wall onto another wall, and got arrested for vandalism. :)

There's a category in the Support page (link at the top of this webpage) for "Banned account" to appeal the ban. If it was a temporary one (which they usually are), it's unlikely the appeal will succeed; those are almost never overturned. If it was a permanent ban, it will likely succeed.

Good luck. Next time, Report Spam instead of sharing it with your friends. I'd have kicked you out of our guild if you'd done that in our guild chat.
  • zilak22zilak22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow, thanks for the heads up, that was harsh.
    Glad i haven't received any of those spams then.
    I suggest you do foundry after completing the main story line.... I think storyline quests are amusing :>
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you typed enough of the spam, and people reported you, yeah. Why would you share that anyway?
  • lepapalepapa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please read everything thoroughly, tfangel, before posting. Mconosrep has it right.

She typed the name of the site I believe, ONCE, not even adding the www. or .com, and was instantly kicked and banned. Seems to be a permanent ban as well.

I was the only person in the party and she did not spam anything, or was reported by anyone.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <removed> system
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Seems odd, but yes go through the support channels, hopefully it can be straightened out.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You will need to contact Support.

No representing banned members.
    Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own characters being banned from the forums.
This discussion has been closed.