Options

Fusing chance of shards is beyond stupid

124»

Comments

• Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    we dont. But hey, if you dont want us trying to convince cryptic their game is currently priced in a way that only an idiot would pay them money and save you a few dollars, feel welcome to white knight it up.

forgetful me, forget america has many entitled rats. whine to complain to get everything wanted.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    does the america force children play neverwinter? why is does the unhappy made to play neverwinter?

No...but China...did anyone know PWE is a chinese company? ..anyways.... In china
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    No...but China...did anyone know PWE is a chinese company? ..anyways.... In china

OH yes, poor poor prisoners, made to play games. heart is breaking for them...
  • Options
    lombardinlombardin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why in the name of god would you like to finish the game in 3, 6, 9 Months? Previsouly I was playing UO, and it took 3 years of playing to get the top gear....it was great you were happy about each piece of armor or anything, it took skill, cause when your party died in dungeon your equipment was gone....Where is fun in playing a game for a month and have everything? I wanna play game where I can have a goal after a year.....
    so just play as much as you can and if the game is fun and good you will be till playing and get to the top equipment. there is no need to have everything a MONTH after BETA release....
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Or you could buy $15 worth of Zen every month to support the game. DO not pay, expect to have to work twice as hard to aquire things others do via paying for. Still doesn't make it P2W, its P4C (Pay for Convience).

I figure since i was paying 15 a month on a sub 10 bucks in zen cant hurt but thats just me
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    OH yes, poor poor prisoners, made to play games. heart is breaking for them...

mind numbing. Yes..I am sure you would like to click the same rock 12+ hours a day. I'd say by your broken english, you're probably a PWE employee.

Too funny. This game is a trainwreck and it's a pleasure to come here and see the carnage unfold on a weekly basis.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    mind numbing. Yes..I am sure you would like to click the same rock 12+ hours a day. I'd say by your broken english, you're probably a PWE employee.

Too funny. This game is a trainwreck and it's a pleasure to come here and see the carnage unfold on a weekly basis.

I think you must mean you're a loser and you don't have anything better to do.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    forgetful me, forget america has many entitled rats. whine to complain to get everything wanted.

remember kids, if someone charges you 40 dollars for a loaf of bread and you complaint, you're an entitled brat.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    See the thing is, I really like the game. I just hate how everything you really have to pay for was so steathily covered up after paying $60 for it already.

Agree with this honestly. Founder packs should have come with coalescent wards, since those are basically what you end up farming.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    remember kids, if someone charges you 40 dollars for a loaf of bread and you complaint, you're an entitled brat.

also remember, if someone uses an overly exaggerated example, it's because they dont have a legitimate leg to stand on. Why dont you sit down, you look tired.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To add to this, the green ones you get from praying as people have pointed out, can fail.

I used two of the green ward things today and both of them failed.

I've gotten 3 blue coalescent wards from praying, so far. I've also made hundreds of thousands of AD running dungeons and selling drops that I end up with from greed rolls. This is all without putting in a whole lot of effort. And your green wards didn't fail. They did what they're supposed to do.

I also keep hearing how this game is pay to win. I keep asking how much I have to pay and what exactly do I win at that point. I have yet to receive an answer. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Yeah it's true that you can earn more than that in a day and the value of AD is likely to go up for a while still. But come on, you are starting at 300 days per enchant. Lets say you work hard and cut that in half and lets assume the value of AD doubles. You are still looking at 75 days, over two months, of hard work to get ONE enchant done. Considering how many you need it is still an absurd suggestion.

This is simply unreasonable in every way. The dollar amount is ludicrous and the in game alternative is designed for robots. No one will be able to handle that kind of grinding with their sanity intact. And it's not even meant to be grinded. It's designed to get the whales to spend thousands in the game. You may not need it for anything in PvE but you will most certainly feel it in PvP.

I feel your being WAY too dramatic bro... I picked up two lesser enchants for about 200k. One for my weapon one for my armor. But guess what. I ran two epics during DD two days ago, got a ring drop that sold for 230k AD. That is not normal, but one drop got me BOTH my lesser enchants. It is supposed to be end game...

Also, for $20 you can get ~600k-1mill in AD. Or lets say this is a "typical" game that retails for $50-$60. Pay that much for the game for support, get 1.5-3mil in AD and you can get pretty much all BiS gear... THEN you just have to enchant.

While I agree some prices are really high for things like cosmetics(appearances) and taking an enchant OUT of something, thats just the way it is.

If it was easy to get enchants, what would the end game be? Everyone would have superb gear. I think the initial intent was to have greater enchants be something of a near impossibility to get because it was so rare. Unfortunately because of the exploit issues, it is slightly more common then it was intended to be. Overall some price adjusting is necessary, but complaining about how the "best gear" or the "best items" are difficult to get... isnt that intended?

I think back to vanilla WoW days and a friend that farmed high warlord... he had to have people playing his account 24 hours a day to get it... It was the best gear at the time and I would easily wager that it was harder to get than a greater plague fire enchant...
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2013

What if they give you all the bread you want for free but charge $40 for sprinkling completely unnecessary sesame seeds on top and you complain like it was you God given right to have sesame seeds for free and immoral for them to not be sprinkled on by the baker. Would you be an entitled brat then?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think you must mean you're a loser and you don't have anything better to do.

yeah...but I get paid to sit here and have nothing better to do.
    Dont you have a girl child to sell or maybe a Foxconn building to jump off of?
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What if they give you all the bread you want for free but charge $40 for sprinkling completely unnecessary sesame seeds on top and you complain like it was you God given right to have sesame seeds for free and immoral for them to not be sprinkled on by the baker. Would you be an entitled brat then?

of course. How dare you not accept the pricing and extra features. communist.
  • Options
    spottedbr90spottedbr90 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wtf this thread, just wait 7 days
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lol @ people who are harkening back to the dark ages of MMO's and people having to account share to grind <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

coming soon: The trend that's sweeping the nation, FLAT.. EARTH! cos scientific evidence is the work of the devil!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »

coming soon: The trend that's sweeping the nation, FLAT.. EARTH! cos scientific evidence is the work of the devil!
    stupid...everyone knows..... it's Hollow!!
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    This is Open Beta, they are still testing the MoneyGrabStore for the release.

Lol, no they are not.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As I see it it is either PtW or exploit dungeons ... I do not mind spending a coin on the game but not when I am forced to and I really hate the exploits. I am almost scared to join a dungeon on my cleric as every single squad jumps and runs around and so on... and then you can see their names in AH happily selling overpriced gear over and over.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    learn to pay and you'll win in fusing
  • Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Can someone here post a pic of their toon with max enchantments , which were all earned in game without spending $ ?
  • Options
    admanteadmante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can someone here post a pic of their toon with max enchantments , which were all earned in game without spending $ ?

It's such a terrible thing that nobody has got to the point where the game has nothing left to upgrade. Two months in and people haven't finished max enchants on their gear! What kind of game is this that absolute end game gear takes more than two months to get?! The developers must be terrible for designing a game in which you don't instantly max out on everything!!! /s

I have no idea what you're thinking.
  • Options
    delmagdelmag Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1% is a little ridiculous, should be around 10-15 imo.
  • Options
    neo1313neo1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    baburmis wrote: »
    you do realize those $15 worth of zen would be enough to buy... 1 (one) blue ward? in just 2 months of 'p2p' gameplay you would be able to afford whooping 3 wards. Sure it would help if wards werent so stupidly priced, or default enchant rate was not 1%, but apparently some people are advocating for 1 enhance = 1 month of p2p game sub?

Seriously, how can anyone be ok with 1 enhance being $10 ? Regardless of how much you like the game, its just... odd.

I agree Baburmis, seriously i think some peoples brain stop working as soon as they hit that "reply to post" button. Seriously? You want me to invest $15 a month into an open BETA game filled with BUGS and EXPLOITS and BOTS and asshats that boot you from group in pve and pvp just for a whopping 1500 zen per month? 1500 zen gets you jack in one month. Sure 1500 zen equates to about 450k ad, but hey, we all know when it comes to enchants 450k isnt going to go far so GG there. so youre telling me I have to be bad (gearwise) in the joke that is pvp in this game for 8-9 months until i finally get all my leet epix enchanted so i can halfway contribute to my group in pvp (suffice to say i dont get booted from group by bots as soon as I zone in..) while being rolled by the AH exploiters who have billions of AD in their account? GG, no thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

You forgot to add in: "...earned without exploiting or botting also".
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    To be honest, id just as soon pay a monthly sub and not have to buy keys and all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the zen store. Enable servers for only subbed accounts that pay $15.00 a month but allow keys to drop and allow a lot of the stuff thats on zen store to be obtainable from game. Problem solved. The problem here is we have the have and have nots, theres a movie out with that same title, its pretty much the same idea lol also in the movie.

Enable a server like above for sub only accounts and one for the people with eleventy billion dollars to spend on zen and see which one dos better. Do it for six months, as a test. Remember PWE, we are in a recession over here in america, so not a lot of people have money to spend on zen. Youll make a lot more money selling 1000 loaves of bread for 1 buck to 1000 people than 20 $40 loaves of bread to those rich people. Economics 101.

And no by all means am I NOT trying to play the pity party with my american recession comment, i realize other countries are hurting too, i was using america cause thats where I live atm. yes I am an evil entitled american like others have stated who just want all content given to me.. LOL /facepalm
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gothmogi wrote: »
    15% worth of zen?, a ward and a half?, you need enchants for almost every piece of inventory, so pve and pvp suit, also removing those enchants is like 50k AD on rank 5. I find people who usually defend what it's obvious bad is usually ignorant of the facts.

perception is everything.

sure this game is free to play. but every game company in existence is a functioning company and while they love what they do, they all still have to be able to make a living in order to keep providing you the kind of games that you enjoy playing.

people that whine about the difficulty or the monotony of grinding to increase your wealth in order to get better items look at the fact that this company is advertising free while providing items of convenience for a dollar amount. it would be an entirely different ballgame if zen was only available by purchase and the items in the zen store would then become limited to only those that pay. but that is not the case here. each day you can earn AD and grind to increase your wealth... and doing daily dungeons, pvp, foundry cryptic is giving you AD which means free zen is available to you through the exchange. to me, it is the same as grinding to level up a character. you're working towards a goal and it is most definitely achievable.

also the 1% chance thing... this is dungeons and dragons man... everything is decided on chance. coalescent wards average about 130k AD but can go for much less. that's quite a difference from it's zen store price.

nothing easy is worthwhile.
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Normal enchants are OK, because the chance doesnt get low until you start getting really high levels, and you can obtain a decent level quite easily. The weapon / armour ones are rediculous though. 1% for the lesser is excessive. At the very least make it 50% -> 10% ->1% for lesser -> normal -> greater.

At 1% you pretty much need 16 wards, which is over the top P2W. I love this game, but you should focus more on selling classes, races and appearance gear, rather than in-game advantages.

Also you should keep these enchants out of PvP, or have PvP specific enchants / gear on a seperate gear tab that are earnt through PvP, to avoid the P2W.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I can't wait until they start 'balancing' the end game enchants that people paid hundreds of dollars for. I mean, you know that there's a minority population of people who actually did this. They're gonna be so pissed when some of those enchants get a nerf bat.

The worst irony of all? The people that shell out the big bucks for these end game enchants are going to end up quitting first when they realize they paid a fortune to not play the game anymore.

I mean, if you just buy all the end game stuff it kind of defeats the entire purpose of an MMO. Those people will waltz through content, and then what? Play Foundry quests?

Yeah, sure. That'll be the day.

That pretty much means that they want to churn and burn players. Even the most invested people will eventually quit, leaving just a few people that inexplicably decided that this will be the last game they ever play. (Probably less than 1% of the population, if that.)

Oh well, I get the feeling that they expect a two year life cycle on this game before their next one. Some people will spend nothing, some people will spend thousands. Just make sure you aren't one of the suckers when the game goes on auto-pilot.

It's really not worth 200$ to beat the dungeons in Neverwinter.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC