test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long does publishing take?

archmageilmrynarchmageilmryn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
How long does it take from the time I hit "publish" on my map until me/my friends can actually play it ingame?
Post edited by archmageilmryn on

Comments

• forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Usually few minutes like 3-5. Wait around 10 minutes and check. You should see it when "edit" quest in first Tab.

You will also receive mail in game with confirm. (Mail is send to @handler, so you can read it on any character)
  • crus08crus08 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I'm stealing this thread, sorry about that.

Why can I not post new threads in this forum? I know it says that for a short period of time etc, but it's been days now and I want to share my quest with you fine folks :(
    /CruS
    edited May 2013
    crus08 wrote: »

Why can I not post new threads in this forum? I know it says that for a short period of time etc, but it's been days now and I want to share my quest with you fine folks :(

I had it too (like an hour ago). I think, you have to write something like 3-5 posts before you can. Or wait like 3-5 days. Not sure.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Depending on the size and complexity, they can take up to 15 minutes or more. However, on average and on good days, mine usually take between 5-10 minutes. You do not have to sit and wait, it all happens server side once the little box goes away after pressing publish. Once it says, "Currently Publishing," you may close the project and and start editing or even start publishing another one. I've had three missions publishing at the same time. You can also publish and then go log into the game right away while publishing. You'll get in-game mail when your missions are published sent to your @handle.

crus08 wrote: »

. . . . . If you are still unable to post new threads after one week since your first visit to the forums (not register/join date), please contact Support right away.

. . . . . In the mean-time, if you need to post a bug report, PM any moderator and we'll be happy to start a new thread for you to post in and then remove our starting posts to make your reply the OP of the thread.
  • crus08crus08 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah ok. Thanks, yeah it has not been a week yet.
    /CruS
  • capt0bv10u5capt0bv10u5 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . .

. . . . . If you are still unable to post new threads after one week since your first visit to the forums (not register/join date), please contact Support right away.

. . . . . In the mean-time, if you need to post a bug report, PM any moderator and we'll be happy to start a new thread for you to post in and then remove our starting posts to make your reply the OP of the thread.

This actually answers the bigger question I've been having in my mind lately, thanks you very much!
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    forien69 wrote: »
    Usually few minutes like 3-5. Wait around 10 minutes and check. You should see it when "edit" quest in first Tab.

You will also receive mail in game with confirm. (Mail is send to @handler, so you can read it on any character)

I received the in-game mail notifying me that my first quest was published; however my quest doesn't come up in search results either by name, author or short code.

It's been several hours now and nothing. Has something gone wrong with my quest being published?
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    I received the in-game mail notifying me that my first quest was published; however my quest doesn't come up in search results either by name, author or short code.

It's been several hours now and nothing. Has something gone wrong with my quest being published?

Try searching in "BEST" with shortcode
  • capt0bv10u5capt0bv10u5 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »

In all things, remember that this is still in beta and things take some extra time every now and again. My first quest didn't show in the search for nearly a day, regardless of showing published in the Foundry screen.
  • xworndownxxworndownx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to find it in the review section. Took me a while to find my map the first time then just subscribed to myself and all was well. They don't go into the new section till they are reviewed for a while first. Least that I have noticed.

Since I subscribed to myself my map(s) show up as soon as I get the in game notice that it had been published.

Wish we could search the review tab as that would make life a lot easier.
  • pumpndumppumpndump Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I posted my first, albeit simple, quest for testing purposes mostly. Although the quest ran fine and is complete it still does not show on the list regardless of how I search for it. Name - short code- author. Is there maybe a better way to locate it as the new or needs review list seems like an endless scroll.
  • petaltearzpetaltearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My own question now, i finished making a quest yesterday and hit publish, the first quest i made was published pretty quickly, the second one i made yesterday still hasn't published, nor have i gotten any email. does it take longer based on how much content you put into the quest?
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's a problem right now with Foundry quests being stuck in "currently publishing" status for an indefinite period of time.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • petaltearzpetaltearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see, thanks. Hopefully they fix it soon then.
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How long does it take from the time I hit "publish" on my map until me/my friends can actually play it ingame?

There's a bug atm, I have two maps that have been publishing for over 30 hours now. Waiting for a fix.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • goodbiscuitgoodbiscuit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep me too- two days of currently publishing :(