test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cosmetic Bug (weapon not visible when mounted)

voidonvoidon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
It's kind of immersion breaking not seeing my weapon when I'm mounted and I can just imagine how cool it would look on my GWF.

The weapon should be visible and shift slightly with the movement of the mount, as it does with the character movement.

Also, people are going to be paying REAL money for these sweet looking mounts, because they...LOOK SWEET. Making it as pleasing to the eye as possible = more sales!

I don't know about anybody else, but I would really love to see this fixed?/implemented! :)
Post edited by voidon on

Comments

• g4rfunkleg4rfunkle Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I also have the same problem. Though I have a separate bug where my weapons are placed in my hand periodically outside of my control so they are sometimes visible in my hands while mounted, they also do not display weapon enchants on the weapons in this mode.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    g4rfunkle wrote: »
    I also have the same problem. Though I have a separate bug where my weapons are placed in my hand periodically outside of my control so they are sometimes visible in my hands while mounted, they also do not display weapon enchants on the weapons in this mode.

Not displaying weapons while mounted isn't a bug but a design decision.

When your weapons appear in your hands, it means you're in combat mode. Happens a lot in Dread Ring with the zombie packs at the encampment gates. Not really a big deal, though you do need to get out of combat to perform interactions other than talking.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When your weapons appear in your hands, it means you're in combat mode. Happens a lot in Dread Ring with the zombie packs at the encampment gates. Not really a big deal, though you do need to get out of combat to perform interactions other than talking.

Occasionally that can happen as a bug, actually. I've triggered this unintentionally several times in the Tower District before on my GF. I think what happens is that I'm in combat in the large open field when I run up to the safe area with the Relic Hunt guy, and I talk to a merchant before I've technically "left" combat. I end the conversation and find my GF has put her shield away but keeps the sword in her hand until I trigger her combat stance again by having her block or get into a fight. I've never reported it even though I know it's not intended behavior just because it's not a big deal to me.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR