What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For those who wondered if pure DPS CW is good

Comments

• reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jayiznoob wrote: »
    only rogue can dual wield weapons

yet theres a two weapon ranger in the works prob come out when real drows do and rogues only dual wield daggers sadly
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • jayiznoobjayiznoob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    from what im seeing so far I say yes. Rogue will always dominate single target but CW I believe will dominate AOE and be able to help alot in melting mobs. which is really good for these bosses that spawn alot of adds and stuff
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    jay seriously i hate you now i want to roll a cw and im a diehard rogue player lol

bcvapor wrote: »
    Dammit jayisnoob, you're gonna cost me 300k AD to do a respec! *Best Costanza voice*Wheels! Wheels are turning baby!

Edit, I suppose dungeons are out unless you know people. "Sorry, I pew pew only broham." haha.

Lol why is everyone hating on me here :p
    edited May 2013
    oh btw can anyone confirm if CW and rogues are getting nerfed soon announce by devs?
  • xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    yet theres a two weapon ranger in the works prob come out when real drows do and rogues only dual wield daggers sadly

Not true. They can DW axes also. At least I've looted weapons for TR that were axe that didn't say MH only.
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Power of AoEs Compels you
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I decided to go pure dps Spec on my CW and the dmg is insane imo, what do you guys think?

Edit: Pic too small here is bigger pic: http://i.imgur.com/sUF7x9Z.jpg

Edit 2: if you wanna know build go to page 2

Artemis and Cadderly.... /FACEPALM.
    edited May 2013
    avean wrote: »
    The Power of AoEs Compels you

I'm sorry does AoE change the fact that his SUM DAMAGE IS HIGHER?

Buh buh buh buh its not single target.... whah whah whah.

Don't hate the player hate the game.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love my CW :3 Focussing on power and crit is probably the best thing you can do :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • holograhamholograham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much the set up I'm using but go Icy Terrain over Shield just for trash that gets close to me, I also use the "tank" pet, he holds agro while I melt them.
    BRSNT.png
  • wizend14everwizend14ever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That dungeon is designed to be AoE'd by CW's. No class will out dps you in that dungeon. I typically do 6 million or so in Epic Idris
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not true. They can DW axes also. At least I've looted weapons for TR that were axe that didn't say MH only.

i forgot axes sorry but still they aren't much different to daggers
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • cybermarkcybermark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I decided to go pure dps Spec on my CW and the dmg is insane imo, what do you guys think?

Edit: Pic too small here is bigger pic: http://i.imgur.com/sUF7x9Z.jpg

Edit 2: if you wanna know build go to page 2

What is your spec? Would you mind sharing your spec here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?161651-Control-Wizard-Build?
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That dungeon is designed to be AoE'd by CW's. No class will out dps you in that dungeon. I typically do 6 million or so in Epic Idris

Yea showing an encounter with basically unlimited amount of ae adds really plays to our ae abilities. Doesn't remotely mean we're capable of outdpsing TRs routinely.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh **** bro, level 38ish. That proved all the naysayers wrong.

Not to denigrate your achievement or anything, but I believe most people debating which specs are relevent are talking about level 60 :/
    elyrielle wrote: »
    Yea showing an encounter with basically unlimited amount of ae adds really plays to our ae abilities. Doesn't remotely mean we're capable of outdpsing TRs routinely.

Haven't met a good GWF then. :)
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »

What does a GWF have to do with a CW outdpsing a TR on ae trash?
    edited May 2013

Yes I know that and I stated in a post above that you can't count the numbers due to AOE. I was just using the pic as an attention getter. But in the previous dungeons and skirmishes I have ran before I have always been toe to toe with a rogue even in more single target areas. The build is really strong at this level and I expect it to get better
    edited May 2013
    Oh **** bro, level 38ish. That proved all the naysayers wrong.

Not to denigrate your achievement or anything, but I believe most people debating which specs are relevent are talking about level 60 :/

Bro its only going to get better. Remember the two dailies i need I havent even got yet and there are still alot of feat points to boost dmg. if you look back on page 2 or 3 you will see the dailies im shooting for. My build is set for even domination against single and multiple targets.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bro its only going to get better. Remember the two dailies i need I havent even got yet and there are still alot of feat points to boost dmg. if you look back on page 2 or 3 you will see the dailies im shooting for. My build is set for even domination against single and multiple targets.

You missed my point completely. You don't have any experience at 60, so you have no idea what kind of damage you or other classes would do at that point.

EDIT: As a sidenote, while I am unsure if 'pure dps' CW has similar amounts of control to regular CW, groups won't want you for dps, at least in T2+ dungeons - especially if you sacrifice control for it. (not that it stops most CW from trying)
    edited May 2013
    I know only time will tell but at this rate It can only get better in my opinion. I will update it at 60 and let you know about that ok :) I'm not posting this to compete for top damage. I'm posting it more on seeing opinions on the build and seeing of others agree if this build has good potential. But you are completely right friend. I will get back to you on it
    edited May 2013
    You missed my point completely. You don't have any experience at 60, so you have no idea what kind of damage you or other classes would do at that point.

EDIT: As a sidenote, while I am unsure if 'pure dps' CW has similar amounts of control to regular CW, groups won't want you for dps, at least in T2+ dungeons - especially if you sacrifice control for it. (not that it stops most CW from trying)

You dont think it would be nice to have a true CW and a pure dps CW in the same dungeon? one to lock everything up while the other melts everything like crazy. I understand you are end game and all but yes I havent got there yet. I will try this stuff endgame when i get there and update on how everything is going. This build is an experiment and I working on improving it. There is a nice shock passive i can get to make all my shock moves stun enemies and I can also adjust a little CC into the build. Just give me more time to work with it and I will let you know haha. Or if there is a 60 reading this. Maybe they can try some stuff out to satisfy you right now haha...
    edited May 2013
    You dont think it would be nice to have a true CW and a pure dps CW in the same dungeon? one to lock everything up while the other melts everything like crazy. I understand you are end game and all but yes I havent got there yet. I will try this stuff endgame when i get there and update on how everything is going. This build is an experiment and I working on improving it. There is a nice shock passive i can get to make all my shock moves stun enemies and I can also adjust a little CC into the build. Just give me more time to work with it and I will let you know haha. Or if there is a 60 reading this. Maybe they can try some stuff out to satisfy you right now haha...

If you're on dragon maybe we'll meet up in a dungeon in a week or two and you can school me and/or the other way around. :p

From experience in the dungeons that I've done, I've never had a CW come within a million or so damage of me, and haven't lost to a rogue since I hit around 7.4k GS. Most GWF are bad and make me sad.
    edited May 2013
    If you're on dragon maybe we'll meet up in a dungeon in a week or two and you can school me and/or the other way around. :p

From experience in the dungeons that I've done, I've never had a CW come within a million or so damage of me, and haven't lost to a rogue since I hit around 7.4k GS. Most GWF are bad and make me sad.

Yea I'm on dragon friend add me if you like Carmia@jayiznoob ALSO I'm looking for a nice big casual guild to join for some friendly group play and chatting if anyone has one
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as this is cool to see, its pretty inaccurate. You are lvl 38 a lot can change from then to 60, gear skills ect ect. I am a CW and i really love it, but i was sad to see this was only a lvl 38 char :( show us a build when you hit 60 and out damaging a TR.

Dont take this as negative please, it is just a little misleading for endgame i guess. Being a CW i really wanna know and see the CW doing the best damage!! I will try and make a guide when i hit 60 ( 52 atm ).
    nothing to see here
    edited May 2013

I've been beaten by a rogue like twice, and both times was when I was in my 40's. Other than that they haven't come close since I've been 60. I don't PVP though so can comment on that.
  • davc123davc123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    pls SS of your powers
  • tyler23434tyler23434 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any build befor lv 40 doesn't matter. 40 is a benchmark for many classes and another is 60. I was doing the same thing at that Lv but ****s going to change quick
  • kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You cant beat rogues in dps with equally powerful gear and skill, because your spells dosent do as much damage period. Wakeup! you have been playing with slackers and unskilled players. I have won the dpsmeter two times while epicdungeongrinding, and both times the rogue was slacking or using some odd random build. When it comes to people that get the game, you wont win the dpsmeter it just aint possible unless something magical happen with the upcoming paths.
  • mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, a brag thread.

Devs love these, because they use them to nerf builds.

Congratulations.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont know why people worry so much about who is top dps anyway...cw is a vital element to dungeons and are amazing fun in pvp, who cares if they are not the highest dps?
    nothing to see here