test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For those who wondered if pure DPS CW is good

jayiznoobjayiznoob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I decided to go pure dps Spec on my CW and the dmg is insane imo, what do you guys think?

Edit: Pic attatchment was too small here is bigger pic: http://i.imgur.com/sUF7x9Z.jpg

Edit 2: if you wanna know build go to page 2 (level 38 build)

Edit 3: here is a lvl 44 update, dmg still looking good, http://i.imgur.com/8RamzlM.jpg

Edit 4: going new build now but keeping the old one up for low levels to look at, new build on PAGE 8 GO CHECK IT OUT :) (level 53 update build)

Final Edit: http://i.imgur.com/0E4pt6k.jpg
Post edited by jayiznoob on

Comments

• jayiznoobjayiznoob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    one sec i will post bigger pic
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, pics too small broham.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    ok here is bigger pic http://i.imgur.com/sUF7x9Z.jpg
  • ahewittahewitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    where........
    edited May 2013
    very nice, can you post a ss of your build too?
  • nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I can say it works really well in places where there are lots of little monsters at least .. and on open fields tabbed chill strike is mass murder :)
    edited May 2013
    one sec ill make a pic of the stats and give you the rotation
    edited May 2013
    thanks dude :)
  • derpyhooves69derpyhooves69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea what is the rotation and build?
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I always have trouble giving up Embrace of the..er..Embrace..uh..Force Choke power since it saves butt so often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Ok So far my CW is level 38 and I'm shooting for max damage potential instead of CC to see if we can stand toe to toe with rogues and the answer is we can :) We have to take in consideration that at this build rate you will out dmg rogues on charts bc of AOE potential so keep that in mind but i think single target is even

My Feats are here:http://i.imgur.com/1h3lsdf.jpg

UPDATE:

The abilites I use are : (passives) Evocation and Spell Storm, (spell mastery) Chill Strike, (Encounters) Sudden storm, Shield, and Ray of Enfeeblement, (Left and right click) Magic MIssle and Storm Pillar.

I also now got 1 of the 2 Dailies I want (Ice knife)

The gear: I am going full glass cannon with a healing companion and shield for defense. The enchantments I use are Bonuse exp in utility, Life steal in defense, Power in offense, and armor pen in the orb (weapon)

The rotation: SINGLE TARGET: Start with ROE, Chill Strike, fully charged Storm Pillar, Sudden Storm, then MM until everything is off cooldown

MULTIPLE TARGETS: Chill Strike, SP, SS, then ROE on strongest one left and MM then repeat

Video of rotation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5qmkr2_L8&feature=youtu.be

What do you guys think of this, its really good for me
    edited May 2013
    i'm sure it will help, thanks alot.
    edited May 2013
    oh i forgot the Dailies, the two im using right now are Ice storm and Arcane Singularity which i wont be using when i hit 60, im going for Ice knife and Maelstorm of Chaos
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious, you took Controlling Action, what is your control power to utilize it? Is RoE considered control?

Also, Snap Freeze? More dmg to those not affected by chill?g
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    No its CS bc you will already have ROE on something while they are forzen from CS they Action points weill get like a quick jump, its good for helping you spam dailys in boss fights or anything that last after 1 or 2 rotations
    edited May 2013
    wow my spelling xD i meant No it's CS bc you will already have the ROE dot on something and whey they are frozen the ticks from ROE will increase Action points quicker
    edited May 2013
    not only the dot but anything else you quickly throw while they are forzen that second or two. Normally i get off a Storm Pillar with the ROE dot thats on them so my AP bar makes a little jump
    edited May 2013
    Dammit jayisnoob, you're gonna cost me 300k AD to do a respec! *Best Costanza voice*Wheels! Wheels are turning baby!

Edit, I suppose dungeons are out unless you know people. "Sorry, I pew pew only broham." haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    btw if any of you guys are on dragon server I can meet up with you and show you the rotation in action

Edit: Actually let me see if i can make a quick vid
    edited May 2013
    Woot managed to get a video of the rotation here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5qmkr2_L8&feature=youtu.be

I will also post it where i put the build
    edited May 2013
    Neat, quick work. So you DoT with RoE, then use CS to get Action Points quickly so you can unleash with SS and SP it seems.

What about the lack of control?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    the lack of control is fine in solo play and group play, solo play is ok bc of shield and your companion. You just got to be skillful with dodges, Group play is ok bc you will melt stuff way quicker, and you couldn't CC main bosses in the first place so...
    edited May 2013
    but if it becomes a hassle im pretty sure you can mix in one CC in to that build somehow that will work it out
  • talelordtalelord Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey cant post yet but what class/race makes dual wield in this game?
    edited May 2013
    talelord wrote: »
    hey cant post yet but what class/race makes dual wield in this game?

huh im not sure what your asking?
  • talelordtalelord Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I meant which class can I be to dual wield swords?
    edited May 2013
    only rogue can dual wield weapons
    edited May 2013
    gonna bump one more time tonight to let other fellow CWs see this and will bump one time tomorrow during prime time, spread the word if you think this is worth looking at :)
  • vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how well a pure DPS CW will stand up at level 60/end game though. Do you think they can stand toe to toe in damage against a rogue or GWF?
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jay seriously i hate you now i want to roll a cw and im a diehard rogue player lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007