test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I only do this a few times.

2»

Comments

• hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, because the other PWE published games have always "Corrected themselves"... Oh right. They're all dead.

Lol, you are still posting on a game forum that you can't play. Sad
  • sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    The only ignorant one here is you. As with STO, the AD/Zen market will self correct over time. It doesn't matter because you can't play anyway. So, in reality, you are just spending time on a game forum that you don't play. Your life is clearly meaningless.

the market doesnt self corrent by means of magic, its because of offer and demand

STO is a game that has failed, it currently has less than 20.000 plaers where it once had well over 500k.

obviously when the supply stays the same but the demand is cut by that much, people selling currency have to lower their expectations

thats what will happen here. the majority of the free playerbase will move somewhere else because the game is, simply put, hostile towards them, and those with money that can enjoy the game will have to sell the zen for dirty cheap just to get some of the scarce few free players left interested in buying.

at that point your looking at a moribund game which will warrant few if any support from the developer in terms of new content/patches r customer service. skeleton crew and be thankful for it.

just check PWI's track record, all their games have followed this path to the Z

do you want that to happen to NWO? thats pretty much what will happen, and I know because it has happened many times before. hell, PWi bases their entire business model in that happening, it isnt like they give a ****...
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Strikerjolt, I am sorry you are feeling extreme hate towards the cash shop that PW and Cryptic have never hidden an intentions about. This is not their first game together.

You are a gimme... gimme this, gimme that. Your very first post was asking for a guest key and then offering to be someone's buddy.

"I would also love a Key.. :D If anyone is interested? I can play whenever you like if you want a buddy."
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?40371-Hero-of-the-North-with-extra-Friend-weekend-keys&p=668441&viewfull=1#post668441

Then you tried to be helpful... but no one posted...

"Write out your biggest problems and your complaints offering a solution so that problem.

Some of my problems with this game is that the control wizard doesn't feel as control-y.
    There are some spells that just don't like impressive. (The Warrior's leap encounter).

I hope they spice them up before launch"

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?92261-Criticism-Thread&p=1373551#post1373551

I don't know where all this has come from, you started out begging, then wanting to do better, now you are being a total and complete tool.

Why?
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is balanced.... It's balanced by economics. If the prices were really too high than people would stop paying. The company still exists and the games it controls are expanding, so it seems that a good number of people are willing to pay the price.
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    the market doesnt self corrent by means of magic, its because of offer and demand

STO is a game that has failed, it currently has less than 20.000 plaers where it once had well over 500k.

Can you please cite your metrics?
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

obviously when the supply stays the same but the demand is cut by that much, people selling currency have to lower their expectations

thats what will happen here. the majority of the free playerbase will move somewhere else because the game is, simply put, hostile towards them, and those with money that can enjoy the game will have to sell the zen for dirty cheap just to get some of the scarce few free players left interested in buying.

at that point your looking at a moribund game which will warrant few if any support from the developer in terms of new content/patches r customer service. skeleton crew and be thankful for it.

just check PWI's track record, all their games have followed this path to the Z

do you want that to happen to NWO? thats pretty much what will happen, and I know because it has happened many times before. hell, PWi bases their entire business model in that happening, it isnt like they give a ****...

Doom and gloom. You might as well quit now
  • strikerjoltstrikerjolt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    So everybody that doesn't agree with you is a White Knight. Nice way to start a debate - you're just asking to be flamed and ignored, instead of bringing a healthy discussion.

I'll answer in a similar fashion then:

Dear Lazy Self-Entitled Player: Grind or Pay. That is all.

Have a nice day.

No, don't be over dramatic. I don't understand why people *always take things too seriously*

And as I said to the other thread.

Why does everything has to be the extreme?
    34000 hours of grinding.
    or coughing up a lung to get a mount.

How about.. you design a cash shop that's balanced, and rewarding in both areas. OH GOD. I'M A HERETIC. Preaching about an untold land of awesomeness!

But seriously. Wanting to be rewarded doesn't mean your self entitled. A game is *suppose to be rewarding. That's the point of most games* not wanting to grind for 2-3 months and play like a gold farmer to get what I want doesn't make me "lazy"

But I tell you what it doesn't make me.
    A hamster.

Have you seen those guys?
    They just run, and run even though they don't go any where.
  • tanaris1980tanaris1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry.
    How is paying 40 dollars for a mount in the cash shop
    When I can spend 40 dollars an get 2-3 games off steam.
    How can I not be mad about that?

Do you have any concept of money?

This is exactly the entitled attitude. You are not entitled to every game or product out there. Not everything is made for you. If you rather buy 2 to 3 games in steam for 40 bucks, then guess what, you can. Imagine that. And do you really think all of PWE games are dead? They have analyst looking at the data. If in a few month not enough people buy the mount for 40 bucks, guess what they'll do a sale to test price elasticity.

Anyway, I'm sure you are just trolling but sometimes its fun to feed the trolls. :)
    edited May 2013
    Doom and gloom. You might as well quit now

did as of today.

I have to admit NWO is a decent game, I lasted in it a whole 2 days before calling it quits, which is 47 hours more than I last in the average PWI game.

also, doom and gloom are irrelevant terms. what matters here is reality, and obviously all I said is what will happen, because it has already happened many times before. its insane to expect a different outcome when they are doing exactly the same thing.
    edited May 2013
    did as of today.

I have to admit NWO is a decent game, I lasted in it a whole 2 days before calling it quits, which is 47 hours more than I last in the average PWI game.

also, doom and gloom are irrelevant terms. what matters here is reality, and obviously all I said is what will happen, because it has already happened many times before. its insane to expect a different outcome when they are doing exactly the same thing.

So move on. Your conjecture and predications as well as your flawed understanding of insanity serve no one unless you are simply a glutton for punishment. I find fools like you amusing
    edited May 2013
    Oh sure, Sagasaint responds to your post, but ignores mine LOL.

Good luck in your gaming ventures in the future. I hope you settle into one that you enjoy.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
    edited May 2013
    Oh sure, Sagasaint responds to your post, but ignores mine LOL.

Good luck in your gaming ventures in the future. I hope you settle into one that you enjoy.

Archage looking good so far, also mildly interested in Wildstar. ty and good luck to you too =D!
    edited May 2013
    Archage looks.. interesting if they push what they promise.. but.... I dunno. Wildstar ... tough. It reminds me of Firefall and Defiance mixed together with a tad of WoW tossed in.. they are on my radar though, and cannot pass judgment until I play them.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
    edited May 2013
    I find fools like you amusing
    likewise. I might quit the game but I'll keep an eye on the boards. more than a glutton for punishment, Im a glutton for someone else's suffering (schadenfraue as zee germans put it). I cant wait to see people like you finally realizing what the game is instead of what they though it was. Its a perfect moment of transcendence when you see the look of desperation and dissapointment in that guy's face (well, what you can derive from his posts at least).

I think I'll even bookmark this thread just for a bump in 6 months to a year, I just dont know how to say "no" to some mindless self-vindication from time to time. anyway I bet dollars to donuts that you wont be still here by then...but I'll search your last posts, enjoying in anticipation the inevitable breakdown you'll have suffered while giggling to myself.

peace bro =D
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No one is forcing you to play the game.
    edited May 2013
    Hey Saga... instead of quitting, why dont you hop on tonight and look me up. Let you converse and social with some folks from my guild. Then see what you say about the game :P

I am just a glutton for punishment as well.
    b_ro.png

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    No one is forcing you to play the game.

I barely play it, personally. Its just a nice thing to do to remind ppl to not waste their money.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    I barely play it, personally. Its just a nice thing to do to remind ppl to not waste their money.

This has been said by someone in every forum of every game.
  • carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So move on. Your conjecture and predications as well as your flawed understanding of insanity serve no one unless you are simply a glutton for punishment. I find fools like you amusing

you are just a condescending prick... grow up