test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Facebook

mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Facebook gets showed into my face almost wherever I go on the internet and all new online games wants you on facebook because it is obviously the new holy grail.

Do yourself a favor and get off facebook even if it's just for a week or two... you will feel relieved I promise you.
I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
Post edited by mikael74 on

Comments

• limitationxlimitationx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use it as a way to communicate freely with the other half at University and to arrange times to come online for this, so as much as your words of wisdom have melted my mind.

I'll kindly decline.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What does that have to do with NW?

Please post your junk in off-topic if such a place exists here.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while i agree its a tad off topic i know when i ditched it i felt like i had lost several pounds lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • sheikertssheikerts Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »

Agreed, an other useless post not having anything to do with NW... Next thread please:confused:
  • antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree . . . .
  • vfibsuxvfibsux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Try the brownies without the pot next time.
  • debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Facebook gets showed into my face almost wherever I go on the internet and all new online games wants you on facebook because it is obviously the new holy grail.

Do yourself a favor and get off facebook even if it's just for a week or two... you will feel relieved I promise you.

27 yrs old and never used facebook. FEELS GOOD MAN
  • ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure there's an off-topic forum, way at the bottom of the forums list. No one is forcing you to use Facebook & in fact last I checked (which was only a couple of days ago) the Neverwinter FB page tells you to come HERE. There's nothing else there, so I fail to even see why you posted this at all. About the only reason for any gaming company to use FB (or Twitter or Reddit or....) is in case of complete & utter failure like what happened yesterday afternoon. The ONLY way they could get information out was through Twitter because whatever broke took EVERYTHING offline. Again though, using any of those services is YOUR choice & no gaming company representatives are standing outside your window with a gun forcing you to join.
  • everfir3everfir3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, the 'dualcore cpu is not the reason I've <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fps in town, ur all just wrong' guy, posts another quality post.....

TIP: do something else other than games, they don't seem to fit with your rage episodes. :rolleyes:
  • novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »

He made the thread, Facebook is the topic and it is a general discussion forum.

Cryptic does some advertising for Neverwinter through Facebook.

These things all appear to be intertwined.
  • faergorrfaergorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Facebook is good to for one thing: staying in touch with your friends and family :). Other than that, not good at all.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a new favorite thing to do on facebook.

Wait for someone to share one of those "OMG I DID NOT KNOW THIS! SHARE AND SPREAD THE WORD!" posts.

Use 'Google' and check the facts on it, like any intelligent person would before spreading information.

Link it below in the person's comments and give an explanation as to why their information is a crock of sh*t. (It usually is).

Enjoy finding out who your real friends are, who's an idiot, and who's willing to learn from their fail.
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    Facebook is evil and I dont recommend anyone use it with their actual information.

Create a false account, with false information and share it with the people you know. You still get to keep intouch/communicate, but Facebook doesnt get to exploit your persona or private information.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013

Wait for someone to share one of those "OMG I DID NOT KNOW THIS! SHARE AND SPREAD THE WORD!" posts.

Use 'Google' and check the facts on it, like any intelligent person would before spreading information.

Link it below in the person's comments and give an explanation as to why their information is a crock of sh*t. (It usually is).

Enjoy finding out who your real friends are, who's an idiot, and who's willing to learn from their fail.

Sorry...I did this in 98 with AIM/MSNmessenger/Chain emails. I think my favorite one was that AOL and Bill Gates had partnered and everytime this email was forwarded they would send you a dollar. (in todays terms, that would be the same as Bill Gates and Steve Jobs)

It's not as fun anymore with Snopes around.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Let's not and say I did.

I moved across the Atlantic Ocean to the UK to be with my husband from the US. I use facebook to keep in touch with my friends in Georgia. Sorry you're such a bitter person about it, but I'm not gonna stop using facebook cause some ****** on a forum told me to.
    vn7W95H.png
  • abezethibou1abezethibou1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are all entitled to our opinions, and we all have our beliefs about today's technology. I like Face Book for the simple task of keeping in touch with former class mates, and family that I no longer get to see on a daily basis.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Also a good way to find out who's evil. Overall I dislike Facebook, I liked Myspace so much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have face book account, but I don't use it. I just wanted to check it out at one point. I got friends there as well, I've seen a trend that ppl who have the tendency to post there amongst my face book friends have have a narcissist nature. Do I care that some of my FB friend just took a hike of 10 km? No. I mean its good for him/her but why should I post anything like that to FB? jesus.
  • daymdeldaymdel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Facebook is whatever you want it to be. It's a tool, nothing else.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you hate facebook, remember this: Your entire experience on there revolves around the people you have accepted as 'friends'. So, maybe it's not facebook that sucks, maybe it's your friends?

Seriously, I've been able to see a whole new side of people through facebook and burned a few bridges with no remorse.
  • traceurpsych0traceurpsych0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont know ,i what happend :/
  • lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    If you hate facebook, remember this: Your entire experience on there revolves around the people you have accepted as 'friends'. So, maybe it's not facebook that sucks, maybe it's your friends?

Seriously, I've been able to see a whole new side of people through facebook and burned a few bridges with no remorse.

^ This guy.
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.