test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many attempts; Try again later

kelathelkelathel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I am getting that message every time I try to log on. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect. Tried a random username and password still same error.
Post edited by kelathel on

Comments

• kelathelkelathel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone with similar issues?
  • kelathelkelathel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is there a lockout timer i might have triggered on accident? Any insight would help as the response i got from support was totally ineffective
  • dasfienddasfiend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem. However thanks to the Account linking it is also keeping me out of sto as well....
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . It seems you have triggered an account security measure. Please wait about 15 minutes before trying to log in again. If the problem still persists, contact Support immediately as your account may getting brute force attacked. I'd suggest to change your password as soon as you can.

. . . . . You're not sharing your account with anyone right? Are you logging in from multiple IP addresses and computers in a short amount of time? Are you using a proxy?

edited May 2013
    Im disabled I pretty much have one computer I game on. It is the only computer I use for gaming and or surfing the web. I have had my account for many years. I have also tried every 30 minutes to the same issue. However I will go and change the pw as you may be right.
    edited May 2013
    Ok changed the pw reset the router and modem. And still same issue....Any other suggestions...Oh and not to make you look bad or anything...But...I tried to log in with a made up name and pw, mostly using profanity, thus never a a real login. And I did not get the incorrect account or login info...Instead I got to many log in attempts again. So either your system has been drinking to much, or for some reason it is seeing my ip as constantly pinging your server. I dont see the ladder being true to be honest with you.
    edited May 2013
    No proxy, no firewall, no port forwarding, no this that or the other you may come up with. Oh No vpn.
    edited May 2013
    still same issue
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Unfortunately, there is nothing the Forum Staff can do. I would suggest to contact Support immediately. You can do so by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com - I would put something like "Account Security Issue, Cannot Log In" as the subject. Alternatively, you can contact them by filing a Support Ticket using the Support link up top every page in this site.
    edited May 2013
    filed a ticket they said 3- 4 days for a response.
    edited May 2013
    ticket filled and email sent, however I do not think this issue will be resolved before maintenance
    edited May 2013
    dasfiend wrote: »
    filed a ticket they said 3- 4 days for a response.
    This is and automated response, so it may not take that long especially it being a week-day. ;)
    edited May 2013
    LOL I hope not
  • dwayn3dwayn3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wake up and got same problem, ticket send to support, now only waiting left ;/
    even can't login on https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ but forum works well
    edited May 2013
    yeah same here cant access that...I can log into post on here but thats it.
    edited May 2013
    Ok 5 hours of trying to get this to work. I give up. Perfect world just lost another customer. Though I will sleep on it and when I wake up and try to log in if I am still unable due to this issue. Im done with them...Till Romulans launch :)
    edited May 2013
    "Too many attempts; Try again later" since 10h can't log in :| and no answer from support
    edited May 2013
    soon it will be 24h with "Too many attempts; Try again later"

support give me 2 solutions:

- change my password
    - downloag new Neverwinter Launcher

but I test it out many ways:
    - i can log into my account on forum and others game of Perfect World
    - I can't log on https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ it says: "Too many attempts; Try again later"
    - I can't log on Launcher on ANY perfect world accounts its doesn't check if password is good or not, can leave password empty and got all the time same answer: "Too many attempts; Try again later"
    - i try on 2nd PC, with same IP as on my main PC, and nothing change all the time "Too many attempts; Try again later"

So as far as i see that problem it's Neverwinters Sever blocked/banned me, just hope that last ticket to support with my IP adress will help it out.

If it help i will update that topick for other player with same error.
  • meriadoth1meriadoth1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my launcher stacks at "Attempting to connect to controller tracker" and it doesnt do anything after that. anyone else with that problem or a solution?
    edited May 2013
    after 24h it's working fine, support have no idea what it was and why, i hope that will help ;]
  • meriadoth1meriadoth1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i downloaded the game again and reinstalled it but still stucks at attempting to connect to controller tracker.
  • zeshaezeshae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dwayn3 wrote: »
    after 24h it's working fine, support have no idea what it was and why, i hope that will help ;]

It has something do to with IP addresses being blocked. Same happened to me, but I can log in to the gateway on my phone fine when not using our wireless connection. So here's hoping it clears up soon for me as I still cannot log in at home. Heh. /sadface

Another test is that my BF might be playing today so I'm betting he might be blocked as well if it is an actual IP addy block. Unless it's a username & IP combo, but I doubt it because when I put in gibberish for a login the same thing happened. Oh memories from my old days of troubleshooting. Joy...
  • poetpwpoetpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . It seems you have triggered an account security measure. Please wait about 15 minutes before trying to log in again. If the problem still persists, contact Support immediately as your account may getting brute force attacked. I'd suggest to change your password as soon as you can.

. . . . . You're not sharing your account with anyone right? Are you logging in from multiple IP addresses and computers in a short amount of time? Are you using a proxy?

Look it doesnt work for me either!! this is messed up badly!! No STO or Neverwinter and waiting 15 minutes did not work!! Plus your Gateway always pops up that stupid Acoount Guard and I have to go through the house boot up my Mac where i do email get those idiot numbers and walk back through entire house and input them every time to get into Gateway. GET RID of this please; my cookies work on everything except i assume Gateway; I dont use email on a windows computer; only on my Macs; and my windows does nothing but gaming; and its cryptic not me; all my other M<Mos dont have problems; you do. Cant get in STO or Neverwinter now; error same as above; You guys need to switch to Macs thenmaybe your game could lose its parinoid behavior and let me play.
    STO from Day 1
    Veteran & Lifer
    http://www.ricksenterprises.com
  • poetpwpoetpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Unfortunately, there is nothing the Forum Staff can do. I would suggest to contact Support immediately. You can do so by emailing customerservice@perfectworld.com - I would put something like "Account Security Issue, Cannot Log In" as the subject. Alternatively, you can contact them by filing a Support Ticket using the Support link up top every page in this site.

I cant access the support via clicking on button at top like you guggested; plus i do not use an email client with Windows gaming computer; all I use this computer for is MMOs and netflix so to email I have to go to my Studio and boot up mac so dont have a way now to get this info and thread to support with a click here; Ill never use an email client on this windows computer; isn't safe when you have macs to do it. Same problems for me as all described and waiting 24 hours for an obvious foul up with their server end is nonesense; THERE IS NO REASON FOR THIS!! IThis is a foul up on their end!! Please let them know; and their Gateway account guard always pops up for me and I always have to walk all the way trough the house boot up mac get number and come back to living room to input into Gateway to access and its a bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to always have to do that; my cookies work fine on all MMOs and game's so its not my browser or cookies but programers that got straight 'C's instead of 'A's in college is my guess. Since ive been in computer programing since punch cards and got 'A's I guess i know; and Ive kept up.
    STO from Day 1
    Veteran & Lifer
    http://www.ricksenterprises.com
  • gnomicusgnomicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just started to get the same "too many attempts" errors.

Seems like the "solution" so far is to wait 24 hours. Nice solution; hope you folks find what is creating this soon so it doesn't happen again.
  • baaenbaaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    all. it is IP related. the ip address provided by your broadband provider is somehow conflicting with neverwinter servers. I know this because I can access the game from the same pc on a different broadband connection. see my other forum entries for more details.

what worked for me was to turn my modem off for 7 hours. came back to new ip and the game connecting.

it is not, I repeat, not related to your account details being entered incorrectly. if you try entering a random username and password, you get the same error.

I'm trying to share this as much as possible on the forum. don't waste time uninstalling the game
    if ye cant get it doon ye, get it right up ye!!
  • helfist2helfist2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. A twenty four hour block. What a waste of time.
  • helfist2helfist2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope this doesn't tank my entire weekend, waiting for this to unscrew itself.
    edited October 2014
    BUMP for a fix.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You are aware that this tread was dead for more than 17 months?
    Where does your 24 hour figure come from?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!