test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ExtinctioN style GWF ... Initiator leave them all bloody

Comments

• extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What companion have you been using at Level 60?

I have been using a level 25 cat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been using a level 25 cat.
    What do you think of the Blue Ioun Stone of Allure? It ups Power/Crit Strike/Recovery... Or are the Cats stats better?
    va8Ru.gif
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevermind

10/char
  • draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Any tip about equipment ? mean T1 sets, T2 sets, etc... Berserker ? Titan ? Bladestorm ?
  • xeromus20xeromus20 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any tip about equipment ? mean T1 sets, T2 sets, etc... Berserker ? Titan ? Bladestorm ?

Avatar of War set looks the best for this kinda setup, and then following the stat prioritization in the original post. That's what i'm working towards atleast, no other set looks like it comes close.

http://puu.sh/2SelD.jpg

Got topped by the rogue, but was ahead until the end boss.. Just couldn't keep up with her dps.. Buried the other GWF by over 7mil though
    Paradigm - Instigator Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 13k GS
    Instigate and Eradicate
    Alek Silverkin - Sentinel Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer - 11k GS
    How do you kill that which gets tankier the more you hit it?
  • zharefzharef Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi ,

In first sorry for my bad english :)

i have one question about this build .
    i'm not 60 yet but i was thinking in the future with this build when you make some dungeon , it's not difficult to get Unstoppable ?
    You may not take a lot of damage like in solo play .
    so it's may be difficult to get Unstoppable & make a lot of damage .

thanks for futur answer
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Hows is this build in PvP? Is it viable or with the 5 player limit is it not worth the AoE investment and better to go with a destroyer build?
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Video pls!!! :)
  • oogliestoogliest Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had a lot of fun with this build lately. Still only 6.3k GS and haven't had a chance to do epic dungeons yet. But, I've had some cool highlights so far. I managed 7.8mil Damage on Dread Vault, topping the damage chart and beating out a better geared TR by 200k. I've also managed to solo the normal version of Mad Dragon and Idris without much trouble.

I've found that Come and Get It makes it much easier for lining up multi-target Indomitable Strikes, which is really the key to getting the most damage you can.
  • mannokmannok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am just not sure if the bleeding is worth it...the amount of bleed seems pretty low in real numbers, and over 5 seconds mean only elite mobs and bosses do ge tthe bleed

Im sure the bleed is not worth it if the feat you get is "Powerful challenge" from T2 of the Sentinel spec.

Reasons:
    1) "Powerful challenge" is a passive power that makes you deal 15% more damage to marked targets, that powers like "Daring shout" will provide. The Marks sticks for 10 secs, gives you determination at the same rate of "Roar". It is PBAoE and can proc "Steel Blitz" if you are using that and is easier to use (Roar is a 45 degree cone)

2) In short or long fights the bleed don't stack and will serve like a decent flat damage increase. "Daring Shout" however will be up 50% of the time but increase the damage of "Slam" as well as encounters like "Indomitable Battle Strike" for added 15% damage.

3) This power also boost the base damage of "Wicked Strike" and "Master Strike" during fights but with a 15%. Notice that "Wicked Strike" has a huge damage potential in AoE so this feat scales very well with both feats from Instigatorspec: "Group Assault" and "Instigator's Vengeance".

Hope this helps any GWF out there. Do the math yourself from your current damage. My conclusion is that the more mobs you hit the bigger the increase basicly.
  • marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Looks legit
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it possible to have pics of the powers/feats, just would be so helpful. & i guess safe for some dont accidentally add the wrong feats/powers pts as they reset for the build :P.
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Its all listed in the first post, just make sure to max the powers listed there (you should have a lot of points left over) and follow the feats that he listed.
  • extinction777extinction777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mannok wrote: »
    Im sure the bleed is not worth it if the feat you get is "Powerful challenge" from T2 of the Sentinel spec.

Reasons:
    1) "Powerful challenge" is a passive power that makes you deal 15% more damage to marked targets, that powers like "Daring shout" will provide. The Marks sticks for 10 secs, gives you determination at the same rate of "Roar". It is PBAoE and can proc "Steel Blitz" if you are using that and is easier to use (Roar is a 45 degree cone)

2) In short or long fights the bleed don't stack and will serve like a decent flat damage increase. "Daring Shout" however will be up 50% of the time but increase the damage of "Slam" as well as encounters like "Indomitable Battle Strike" for added 15% damage.

3) This power also boost the base damage of "Wicked Strike" and "Master Strike" during fights but with a 15%. Notice that "Wicked Strike" has a huge damage potential in AoE so this feat scales very well with both feats from Instigatorspec: "Group Assault" and "Instigator's Vengeance".

Hope this helps any GWF out there. Do the math yourself from your current damage. My conclusion is that the more mobs you hit the bigger the increase basicly.

Interesting stuff, nice post.

A couple questions/concerns.

I thought that the mark goes away as soon as you are struck by the marked target? That would reduce the uptime on the damage increase significantly I would think?

Second point, the reason roar is so popular and powerful is that it builds insane action points. It's nice that it builds determination as well but its the action points gain of roar people are after.

As you get more use to the class determination isn't very hard to build but action points are king which is why roar is so good.

The bleeds are non-conditional and scale as you get better gear and also from our tier 2 set and capstone. The mark is conditional upon the the 10 feat investment to get the feat, 1 of your 3 encounters slotted to mark, the monsters not hitting you after you mark and the ability itself not being on cool down after you have been hit and lost your mark.

The bleeds on the other hand passively do their thing no strings attached. You crit they take it.

I've never mathed it all out mind you, and its a cool idea. What's others thoughts on this? The bleeds are pretty crazy with high end gear and don't require any specific encounter poets to make them work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
    edited May 2013
    Interesting stuff, nice post.

A couple questions/concerns.

I thought that the mark goes away as soon as you are struck by the marked target? That would reduce the uptime on the damage increase significantly I would think?

Second point, the reason roar is so popular and powerful is that it builds insane action points. It's nice that it builds determination as well but its the action points gain of roar people are after.

As you get more use to the class determination isn't very hard to build but action points are king which is why roar is so good.

The bleeds are non-conditional and scale as you get better gear and also from our tier 2 set and capstone. The mark is conditional upon the the 10 feat investment to get the feat, 1 of your 3 encounters slotted to mark, the monsters not hitting you after you mark and the ability itself not being on cool down after you have been hit and lost your mark.

The bleeds on the other hand passively do their thing no strings attached. You crit they take it.

I've never mathed it all out mind you, and its a cool idea. What's others thoughts on this? The bleeds are pretty crazy with high end gear and don't require any specific encounter poets to make them work.

For "Marked" targets, this would be something that a GF would apply also (the mark applies to the target regardless of class) so if the GF plays it correctly, they can keep the mark going for quite some time. If the mark from GF counts, you dont need to change your encounter layout if the GF is running the correct at-will ability for it (Threatening Rush) and their tab ability for marking targets (For bosses)

The bleed is a % of power, and (based on my current gear) is 506 damage over 5 seconds, or roughly 101 damage a second. What we now have to look at is the damage of our abilities, and if 15% of those abilities is more than the 101 damage a second (or whatever 15% of your current power is /5)

As far as mathing it out, we will have to look at the ability damage and get a GF to sit there and mark a target to do some real testing, but it is something to look into.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For 60th level, I've been using (as Encounter Powers) Not So Fast, Indomitable Battle Strike, and Revitalizing Strike... I see some loving given to Roar. Would that be better the Revitalizing? Speaking in a PvE sense.

Also, is the reason the Cat is considered better because it has 3 Offensive slots comparatively to the Ioun Stone? If so I can see the point, just the stone looks cooler then the cat...lol Then again style points don't kill adds!
    va8Ru.gif
    edited May 2013
    The cat has 2 offensive and 1 defensive. It also gives Crit ArP and Recovery instead of Power and something else.

Revitalizing Strike is nice if you dont have a healer, but Roar is a far better option. Roar is a much better AP Generator as well as an interrupt.
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    The cat has 2 offensive and 1 defensive. It also gives Crit ArP and Recovery instead of Power and something else.

Revitalizing Strike is nice if you dont have a healer, but Roar is a far better option. Roar is a much better AP Generator as well as an interrupt.

To my knowledge my cat is just crit and recovery at higher values then the stone. Though the stone has an additional stat it gives. So it gives 3 stats just less of each then the cat.

Completely agree with gravity roar is the way to go between those 2 options.

As for the cat being the most optimal I have never looked into it. I picked up the cat early and have stuck with it, perhaps the stone is better overall? The crit and recovery on the cat are really nice though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
    edited May 2013
    For "Marked" targets, this would be something that a GF would apply also (the mark applies to the target regardless of class) so if the GF plays it correctly, they can keep the mark going for quite some time. If the mark from GF counts, you dont need to change your encounter layout if the GF is running the correct at-will ability for it (Threatening Rush) and their tab ability for marking targets (For bosses)

The bleed is a % of power, and (based on my current gear) is 506 damage over 5 seconds, or roughly 101 damage a second. What we now have to look at is the damage of our abilities, and if 15% of those abilities is more than the 101 damage a second (or whatever 15% of your current power is /5)

As far as mathing it out, we will have to look at the ability damage and get a GF to sit there and mark a target to do some real testing, but it is something to look into.

It's an interesting combo, def worth exploring. I haven't done a run so far that has targets marked for any significant amount of time. Both classes marking could be interesting. Also IBS at the right time to reapply marks is another way to get the buff up periodically for free.

I'm base about 6000 power so up to 9000 in optimal situations without my tier 2 complete set. With the tier 2 set procing base about 7500 power with capstone 11,250 power roughly.

The bleeds would be about 1500 at full optimal conditions. Not to bad at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
    edited May 2013
    The cat gives Crit, Armor Pen and Recovery, as well as its other stats when given an Eldritch stone. Right now at level 25 (with not so great gear/stones) my cat is giving me 342 Power 518 Crit 279 ArP 759 Recovery 50(lol) defense.

There was a picture of someones stats with the stone, but I cant remember what it gave. I think it was power crit and recovery.
    edited May 2013
    It's an interesting combo, def worth exploring. I haven't done a run so far that has targets marked for any significant amount of time. Both classes marking could be interesting. Also IBS at the right time to reapply marks is another way to get the buff up periodically for free.

I'm base about 6000 power so up to 9000 in optimal situations without my tier 2 complete set. With the tier 2 set procing base about 7500 power with capstone 11,250 power roughly.

The bleeds would be about 1500 at full optimal conditions. Not to bad at all.

I would like to talk to you a bit about this and look at some numbers. Based on the numbers you gave me:

6000 Power -> 900 DoT -> 180 dps
    9000 Power -> 1350 DoT -> 270 dps
    11250 Power -> 1687.5 DoT -> 337.5 dps

These do not take into account any other damage increases from other classes or if this gets increased by our feats.

What we need to look at now, is that the normal encounter abilities that we use, if 15% of those abilities would be greater than the DoT damage of the bleed. Guess its time to test?
    edited May 2013
    I would like to talk to you a bit about this and look at some numbers. Based on the numbers you gave me:

6000 Power -> 900 DoT -> 180 dps
    9000 Power -> 1350 DoT -> 270 dps
    11250 Power -> 1687.5 DoT -> 337.5 dps

These do not take into account any other damage increases from other classes or if this gets increased by our feats.

What we need to look at now, is that the normal encounter abilities that we use, if 15% of those abilities would be greater than the DoT damage of the bleed. Guess its time to test?

We would have to do some research into if bleeds stack or just refresh. Also test the viability of having the mark up for a meaningful amount of time in live runs.

If the bleeds stack which I suspect they do from numbers I see then they are very strong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • pr0ph3tpr0ph3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wouldn't Great Weapon Focus be better than Deep Gash or Powerful Challenge?
  • cerkiecerkie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be better for the newer players if there was a screenshot of your powers/feats
    edited May 2013
    pr0ph3t wrote: »
    wouldn't Great Weapon Focus be better than Deep Gash or Powerful Challenge?

Great weapon focus is another interesting one for sure. Flat 10% to at-wills. Again I've never crunched math on this to see what you end up with.

I'm all for using this thread to have active participation in working with the instigator to push the most out of the spec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I heard there is a bug right now where Rogue's are able to eat bleeds applied from other players including GWF. I was told this ingame by one who tested it. I do not know if it has been fixed recently but something to keep in mind.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • qualityplayerqualityplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Extinction, I am 60 GWF and i've been following your build more or less, was wondering about the rotation, you use WMS and once the second strike from the back of the foe (from WMS) lands you finish your current strike of WS and do another WMS right? but since the third attack (as stated in the ability tooltip) of WS deals additional damage, would it not be better to do WMS followed by fast 3 strikes of WS, rinse and repeat? Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    Hey Extinction, I am 60 GWF and i've been following your build more or less, was wondering about the rotation, you use WMS and once the second strike from the back of the foe (from WMS) lands you finish your current strike of WS and do another WMS right? but since the third attack (as stated in the ability tooltip) of WS deals additional damage, would it not be better to do WMS followed by fast 3 strikes of WS, rinse and repeat? Thanks!

If you can time that sequence out to reapply every 3rd wicked strike that would work great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Extinction - GWF
  • voltz46738voltz46738 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Have any vids running T2 with your build? Any suggestions while leveling? I'm currently 34 and have yet to have any issues with the random build I have right now but is it safe to respec into your build and just level like that? I'm pushing for Power / Crit / Defense (speced into talent) or Recovery / ArM Pen.
    edited May 2013
    voltz46738 wrote: »
    Have any vids running T2 with your build? Any suggestions while leveling? I'm currently 34 and have yet to have any issues with the random build I have right now but is it safe to respec into your build and just level like that? I'm pushing for Power / Crit / Defense (speced into talent) or Recovery / ArM Pen.

If you are close to the powers and feats to the current build, it should not be too hard to change.