What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Try not to forget the purpose of open Beta

2»

Comments

• zzacczzacc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    langhilau wrote: »
    So anyone that doesn't go along with your conspiracy theory is a Fool. That would be like me saying anyone that thinks like you is an imbecile who has the brain of a rut pig. Since I do have manners I will refrain from making that comment. Now can I get my fries with the coke... please?

There's no need to get riled up, you're both right. However, the thing is the open betas you're talking about are things of the past, before the F2P age started.

Pretty much every F2P game these days launches through "open beta", the only real difference between that and the normal release is the name and that it has an excuse to suck. You can call it beta, but if it's the same as the normal release then it essentially is the normal release.
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    langhilau wrote: »
    You are possibly right about the NDA my mistake. To the person who said launch day was yesterday. "Launch Day is the day that you are able to purchase the released version not a beta or a pre-order.

This is a F2P game so there is no "retail version". However the game's cash shop is up and running as of yesterday, so the game is live as of yesterday.
  • sintheta2sintheta2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a question... Why would any company run their game in Pacific time? Run that **** in Eastern time. So when you want to do "Maintenance" its not affecting 3/4 of America. How abut you do your fixes at 10:00am Eastern so that way everyone has more time to play???
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sintheta2 wrote: »
    I have a question... Why would any company run their game in Pacific time? Run that **** in Eastern time. So when you want to do "Maintenance" its not affecting 3/4 of America. How abut you do your fixes at 10:00am Eastern so that way everyone has more time to play???

Because corporate offices are in CA/OR/WA and that's what's convenient for them?
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • ilsamirilsamir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sintheta2 wrote: »

They did start maintenance today at 10:00 AM EST.