test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you purchase VIP access for 15$ a month?

leecahleecah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Simple question. If there was an option in the ZEN store to buy VIP access for a certain set amount of days or even permanently for your account, would you do it?

My own views:
Not taking away from the original founders who spent the money to support the game before it even released. They'd keep their moonstone exclusivity and have their VIP forever. (and probably at a much cheaper rate than what would an actual permanent VIP access really cost in ZEN.)

If enough people paid for VIP access through ZEN, it might help get more resources for the servers to help with the load.
Post edited by leecah on

Comments

• infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. because this game doesnt have proper endgame, so a sub doesnt hold interest for me.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. Because I don't even think it will be an issue in a couple days.
  • ecl1psezdelta9ecl1psezdelta9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    No. I enjoy the game, and i believe the big problems such as the queue will be fixed. Also I would be pissed if after paying $200 they switched the pay system. I don't think monthly subs are a very good system for this game, even though I have already shown that I enjoy this game enough to pay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • extornextorn Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, because it's a F2P game and the only things I would spend real money on are aesthetics if I'm feeling froggy.
  • lexinialilexiniali Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry...but no. I'm playing free games because I don't have the income currently to buy and keep a subscription. VIP status isn't a big deal for me anyway. If I have extra money now and then, I'd probably think to spend it on something else for the game.

As it is, I have two cats that need what extra money I have because they have some skin and stomach issues that require more expensive food as well as the vet bills.
  • justicesupremejusticesupreme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quite frankly I prefer subscription based games. So if there were perks. IE getting past queues. Monthy Zen added to the account and specials for VIP account holders then yes. If I like a game I would prefer that route. But the masses of freeloading mooches have begged for this F2P which many times turns to a greedfest by the developers, and becomes P2W.
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe for 1 or 2 months. beyond that, I'm not sure I will be playing.
  • talmaran1024talmaran1024 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would sub but there needs to be more then just vip access like a x amount of zen added to the game more ad refinery and maybe something with the bank for example being able to use alt bank if your subbed so u dont have to log over to them.
    But i dont want to see any type of lockout for non subs so no x times dungeons for non subs etc.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.
  • novakaynnovakayn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no, I am still afeared of the Drizzt clones and fans that will overpopulate this game.

20 years later and they still insite fear and angst with me.
  • mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    no.........
  • rkoperrkoper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too many no's, I say YES! I play one MMO at a time and have no problem paying a sub for my active game. I stop paying it when the game isn't fun anymore. I'd prefer a sub to be honest. I hate cash store games.
  • flakkmagnetflakkmagnet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope. I don't have any need for any of the premium features. The character slots are nice, since I tend to try out every class, but I'll just make another account for that. All I need is the Foundry and a few friends. Hands-down the best feature of any mmo ever, endless new content to explore.
  • bloddrynbloddryn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. There just isn't enough to this game to justify any money. Maybe with an major overhaul it can be something, but currently it is pretty lacking. Even with the lag and occasional unresponsiveness, it is a button mashing cakewalk, and combat is the only thing it offers!

The monetization style... while I don't object to cash shops on principle, this one is pretty bad.
  • andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    No. Because I don't even think it will be an issue in a couple days.

This. Most people won't put up with this queue mess and will move onto other games. Those that stick it out will be rewarded with no queues but deserted servers.
    edited May 2013
    rkoper wrote: »
    Too many no's, I say YES! I play one MMO at a time and have no problem paying a sub for my active game. I stop paying it when the game isn't fun anymore. I'd prefer a sub to be honest. I hate cash store games.

His question was specifically about VIP access. "VIP access" does not change anything in regards to free to play or a cash shop in the game. That's a whole different topic. It just simply means you don't have to wait in any sort of queue.
    andervin wrote: »
    This. Most people won't put up with this queue mess and will move onto other games. Those that stick it out will be rewarded with no queues but deserted servers.

Just to be clear that's not what I was implying.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lexiniali wrote: »
    Sorry...but no. I'm playing free games because I don't have the income currently to buy and keep a subscription. VIP status isn't a big deal for me anyway. If I have extra money now and then, I'd probably think to spend it on something else for the game.

As it is, I have two cats that need what extra money I have because they have some skin and stomach issues that require more expensive food as well as the vet bills.

Put them to sleep. Stop paying the Vet's bills.
  • proceduralprocedural Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No. Queues are a product of beta. Have some patience, son.
  • rkoperrkoper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ermm, I sincerely doubt the OP meant VIP access strictly for jumping queues. Who would pay a sub just not to wait in a queue, that's just dumb. I took it to mean the same as has been done in LOTR where you get a set amount of "zen" per month and access to things that normally cost cash to get.
  • falcor13falcor13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    extorn wrote: »
    No, because it's a F2P game and the only things I would spend real money on are aesthetics if I'm feeling froggy.

You will have to buy bags and bank slots and if you play alts you will have to buy character slots. I think you will spend more for this game than if you paid 14.95 a month.

Sub is the way to go.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I started a thread earlier with a similar topic.
  • lascerationlasceration Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I would not pay a subscription for any game designed from the ground up to be free to play. I am not knocking anyone who pre purchased anything, they have and will receive what they pay for. The idea for free to play is to get that player to spend money in the
    item mall ( game store ) on items of interest at that time. I myself like games that aren't free to play and offer a monthly subscription
    and do not have an in game store. Games that have robust crafting and an economy that is for and by the players pushing out 3rd party sales of in game currency. I have been able to play the game a total of about 30 minutes ..I got no beef with the game at all, that being said there is nothing about the game to keep my interest more than a few days or weeks.
    edited May 2013
    rkoper wrote: »
    ermm, I sincerely doubt the OP meant VIP access strictly for jumping queues. Who would pay a sub just not to wait in a queue, that's just dumb. I took it to mean the same as has been done in LOTR where you get a set amount of "zen" per month and access to things that normally cost cash to get.

That's exactly what he meant. Perhaps you should read it again. And which is why I replied with my "No".
    Simple question. If there was an option in the ZEN store to buy VIP access for a certain set amount of days or even permanently for your account, would you do it?

The only thing "VIP access" gets you in Neverwinter is no queue. That's it. There's not even any debating that.

Edit: Oh sorry it also gets you access to the "VIP Lounge" area in the the Moonstone Inn or whatever.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leecah wrote: »

My own views:
    Not taking away from the original founders who spent the money to support the game before it even released. They'd keep their moonstone exclusivity and have their VIP forever. (and probably at a much cheaper rate than what would an actual permanent VIP access really cost in ZEN.)

If enough people paid for VIP access through ZEN, it might help get more resources for the servers to help with the load.

VIP access that sound sorta familiar....oh yeah its in that OTHER DnD game that blocks most of the games content with "BUY IT NOWZ" barriers when you try to change zone. This is Neverwinter not DDO all the playable content is free , VIP access isnt needed.
    edited May 2013
    I'd love going back to the box plus sub model, this nickel and diming annoys me.

Obviously they make more money.
  • leecahleecah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor is right. I did mean only the VIP as is currently in the game. I'm not sure why people assume the sub based or DDO model. Giving palyers access to the current VIP system would not change anything that is currently in the game. (such as adding lockouts and limiting things.) It would simply be something along the lines of buying a 1000 ZEN VIP pass for 30 days, giving you assured server access and possibly access to the moonstone mask room.
  • lexinialilexiniali Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    Put them to sleep. Stop paying the Vet's bills.

Not a chance. An easily upset stomach and dandruff isn't something to put an animal down over. That's just sad that you even mention such a thing. I'd rather choose the lifetime cuddle buddies over a game any day.
  • getmygoatgetmygoat Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I could receive everything that is in the cash shop through playing the game then I would pay 15 or even 20 bucks monthly without even thinking about it. Nickel and diming is a disgusting tactic that made me turn away from all Perfect World games.
  • banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    You're basically talking subscription there. It won't happen because to retain any subscription base there would need to be a lot more content in there for PvE, end game and also PvP.

Thus far I can only see this game retaining my attention for 6 months or so, depending on what ESO brings to the table, and whether the zen economy drastically reduces. So in Cryptics eyes I'm not their target market, I have no interest in vanity items thus I'm not going to spend zen, and I refuse to spend zen to access companion/profession items because I'm happy to play this for free.

The HotN bonuses are quite redundant and the only value in there is priority queue, level 20 gear at level 1 and XP boosters. Being almost 60 within a few days play.

I don't think we will see an ideal MMO until Activision-Blizzard release their Project Titan somewhere in 2015. Presuming it is subscription based, it should have a similar release cycle to World of Warcraft, also presuming they take into account Diablo III RMAH and Gear capping was the worst thing to happen to their franchise, and improve upon that, Titan should be nothing but gravy.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
    edited May 2013
    lexiniali wrote: »
    Not a chance. An easily upset stomach and dandruff isn't something to put an animal down over. That's just sad that you even mention such a thing. I'd rather choose the lifetime cuddle buddies over a game any day.

You don't think that Vet is milking you just like PWE?
  • beran1beran1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leecah wrote: »

My own views:

The problem with these cash shop games is so much stuff resides 'only' in the cash shop. If I have unlimited access to the stuff in the cash shop I would gladly fork over 15$ a month. Charging a monthly fee + cash shop stuff is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in my eyes.