test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Today's patch fixes the Queue status but not the Queue...

Comments

• wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    valdorax wrote: »
    Doesn't matter how you read it, the result is the same. If the server supports more players, it helps with lag AND queue times. This is common sense and to say otherwise is just a stupid argument.

It's also stupid to expect a F2P game to live up to YOUR standards, especially since it's still in BETA. Do you kids know or understand what goes into developing and running a massively multiplayer online role playing game? No, because it's not your job or field, it's theirs. So stop your f-king b-tching and get over it already. Every f-king MMO in history has had login issues when the new influx of players login and they all get the resolved.

My f-king god, kids are so immature, pathetic, and unrealistic sometimes, just because they can't play right NOW. Waahhh wahhhh my p---y hurts waaaaah. LOL Give me a break.

uh huh. the cryptic dev that just posted kind of said that you were wrong... though.
  • mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fwank2k9 wrote: »
    Ideally this update should improve the queue experience.

ahh much better waiting now, thank you!

elevatorMusic.jpg
  • valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (sorry but I get so pissed when immature people whine and complain about technical things they know nothing about.)
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue has been primarily on the Login/Account server side bottlenecking the tide of players trying to get onto the game.

They're fixing that. Within a day of it cropping up.

Rejoice.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
    edited May 2013
    wakerglass wrote: »
    uh huh. the cryptic dev that just posted kind of said that you were wrong... though.

Um, no actually he did not say I was wrong. Saying that is assuming more than my "assuming" that less people on a shard means less queue times. omfg LOL
  • daxbishopdaxbishop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

Today's maintenance is designed to improve server performance across the board, which ideally will allow us to support a higher volume of players with better performance overall. I would love to make a specific promise about queue times being noticeably improved, but one challenge is that this is directly impacted by the number of players trying to log in, which fluctuates throughout the day and thus may vary depending on when one is trying to log in. We are monitoring this actively during open beta and are working hard to ensure that no one has to wait too long to play Neverwinter. Thanks for your support!

Sounds great. I've been playing my Cleric to lvl 12 in the time I've been able to play and had a blast. Love the 'Super-Mecha-Death' Cleric mechanic I got at lvl 10! Even the latency 'issues', around 200-250ms since I play from the Netherlands, while playing yesterday seems to have dropped to 160-200ms. Keep up the good work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unforgiven80unforgiven80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's funny because it says OPEN BETA right on the home page of the site now. You are foolish for trying to say otherwise just because you want an excuse to b-tch.

Haha That's funny. You probably believe everything that's written in the Bible too simply because it is written so it must be true. They can call it whatever they want. It doesn't change the facts. Also I can ***** all I want. If you have a problem and need to ***** about my *****ing I guess we know what that makes you.
    edited May 2013
    I hope this queue thing actually makes all these complainers leave the game for good. Trust me when I say the game will be better without them because these are probably the same people that don't want raids just because are incapable of working as a team with other people... why? Because they freakin b-tch about EVERYTHING! lol
  • fwank2k9fwank2k9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People talking about adding servers, it's not the problem, it's not a capacity thing, moreso since the game will at some point go to a single server divided into shards internally anyway. Oh and to the person that commented on knowing about developing and running a game and how everyone is a kid, good on you. I have worked a new title launch in the gaming industry, and several expansion launches...I'm quite familiar with the process, from the Customer Support level, through QA and into level design, though I haven't hit the top floor, it's not my skillset. I've heard my own rant from multiple players, handled tickets from some of the worst, laughed at some of the more insane bug reports and complaints, enjoyed being part of the process.

And yet I'm still ranting, because the company I was working for during that launch rapidly adjusted queues to account for player influx, as we had them set low to allow us to control the server capacity in starting zones. As time progressed different servers had different values, but we had plenty of adjustment that could be made to keep people from having to wait to play. And when we made adjustments we were vocal about it. I'm not seeing that information coming from PWE, I'm seeing comments that imply they are not doing much to adjust queue times at all.
  • unforgiven80unforgiven80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this queue thing actually makes all these complainers leave the game for good. Trust me when I say the game will be better without them because these are probably the same people that don't want raids just because are incapable of working as a team with other people... why? Because they freakin b-tch about EVERYTHING! lol

There's a little story about a pot and a kettle. You should look it up. lol
    edited May 2013
    "We are monitoring this actively during open beta and are working hard to ensure that no one has to wait too long to play Neverwinter. Thanks for your support!"

WOW UNBELIEVABLE, THEY ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO FIX IT SO NO ONE HAS TO WAIT LONG. WOW!

Now you watch, the complainers will say that "too long" still means you'll have to wait hours. You watch.
    edited May 2013
    There's a little story about a pot and a kettle. You should look it up. lol

How so? I'm not complaining about a f2p game, just about the kids that do. Difference.
    edited May 2013
    Haha That's funny. You probably believe everything that's written in the Bible too simply because it is written so it must be true. They can call it whatever they want. It doesn't change the facts. Also I can ***** all I want. If you have a problem and need to ***** about my *****ing I guess we know what that makes you.

You're an idiot. If you don't understand what open beta means, look it up. Wow. Just wow.
  • wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    "We are monitoring this actively during open beta and are working hard to ensure that no one has to wait too long to play Neverwinter. Thanks for your support!"

WOW UNBELIEVABLE, THEY ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO FIX IT SO NO ONE HAS TO WAIT LONG. WOW!

Now you watch, the complainers will say that "too long" still means you'll have to wait hours. You watch.

i know they are working to fix it, and i'm sure they will. and i'm not even complaining! but with the recent reply, they said they were guaranteeing nothing about queue times. this is because the capacity issue they are working on is directly related to performance, not the queue.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You're an idiot. If you don't understand what open beta means, look it up. Wow. Just wow.

For the last time it's a release. The queue will magically disappear like always after a short time has passed.
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People talking about adding servers, it's not the problem, it's not a capacity thing, moreso since the game will at some point go to a single server divided into shards internally anyway. Oh and to the person that commented on knowing about developing and running a game and how everyone is a kid, good on you. I have worked a new title launch in the gaming industry, and several expansion launches...I'm quite familiar with the process, from the Customer Support level, through QA and into level design, though I haven't hit the top floor, it's not my skillset. I've heard my own rant from multiple players, handled tickets from some of the worst, laughed at some of the more insane bug reports and complaints, enjoyed being part of the process.

And yet I'm still ranting, because the company I was working for during that launch rapidly adjusted queues to account for player influx, as we had them set low to allow us to control the server capacity in starting zones. As time progressed different servers had different values, but we had plenty of adjustment that could be made to keep people from having to wait to play. And when we made adjustments we were vocal about it. I'm not seeing that information coming from PWE, I'm seeing comments that imply they are not doing much to adjust queue times at all.

Day two of launch (or open beta, or whatever you want to call it).
    edited May 2013

I was obviously referring to the majority of kids who AREN'T developers. That is obvious.
    edited May 2013
    i know they are working to fix it, and i'm sure they will. and i'm not even complaining! but with the recent reply, they said they were guaranteeing nothing about queue times. this is because the capacity issue they are working on is directly related to performance, not the queue.

You are backpeddling now. In one post you first say you know they are fixing it, then end by saying what they are working on is not related to fixing it. /facepalm.

This post is so contradictory, if you know it will be fixed, then you have no point left. Who cares what you thought they meant in earlier posts. You now know they are fixing it! Stop trolling!
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    To me i think they but little white lie trying to get people buy $200 package. but they wont tell you that because they get more player mad. but they do that. it common ceo strategy to make more money. i don't blame the developer but your greedy CEO. you have to listen To CEO or you lose your job.

somthing keep spaming on facebook over and over need money really bad
    edited May 2013
    You are backpeddling now. In one post you first say you know they are fixing it, then end by saying what they are working on is not related to fixing it. /facepalm.

This post is so contradictory, if you know it will be fixed, then you have no point left. Who cares what you thought they meant in earlier posts. You now know they are fixing it! Stop complaining!

my point is you are WRONG about them fixing the queues. they are fixing the lag issues. the queue issues fix themselves after the population thins out or they add new servers. after this patch the queues will not be GONE. i've never once contradicted my argument. you a conservative or something?
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    To me i think they but little white lie trying to get people buy $200 package. but they wont tell you that because they get more player mad. but they do that. it common ceo strategy to make more money. i don't blame the developer but your greedy CEO. you have to listen To CEO or you lose your job.

somthing keep spaming on facebook over and over need money really bad

You also probably believe that there are 10 men controlling our government who want to take over the world and that 9/11 was an inside job too eh? lol
    edited May 2013
    You also probably believe that there are 10 men controlling our government who want to take over the world and that 9/11 was an inside job too eh? lol

nevermind. you just answered my question.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the worst Thing is, if i was them, i'd probably do exaclty the same... i mean cmon People, lets be realistic...do you think it is by Chance that

1) huge Queues
    2) a post from the devs saying that they are working on a fix and oh by the way hotn buyers get in
    3) founders packs being STILL available and advertised GET IT NOW altough they were said to no longer be offered at release...

yea right...i mean please, be a Little more subtle than that
    edited May 2013
    my point is you are WRONG about them fixing the queues. they are fixing the lag issues. the queue issues fix themselves after the population thins out or they add new servers. after this patch the queues will not be GONE. i've never once contradicted my argument. you a conservative or something?

WORKING HARD TO ENSURE that no one has to wait a long time to get in.... HMMM What on EARTH could that mean? OH I know, that means they are sitting on their duffs just waiting to see what happens as you say!

The point was not the the queues would be gone, but that no one would have to wait a long time like now. If you don't have to wait long there shouldn't be a problem. One guy said it's fixed if he can log in after making some coffee. I agree.
    edited May 2013

WORKING HARD TO ENSURE that no one has to wait a long time to get in.... HMMM What on EARTH could that mean? OH I know, that means they are sitting on their duffs just waiting to see what happens as you say!

When have the queues not dropped after a bit of time champ?
  • rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »

The maintenance is still in progress.
    edited May 2013
    rabbiddog wrote: »
    The maintenance is still in progress.

See they are gone!
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »

Dude we are agreeing, stop trolling. I am saying that there is no need to complain because they are working on it. The max server limit of people is being increased, this will help with lag AND queue times. Yes time will help too, but they are not just waiting around, they are doing a patch that helps with both aspects.
    edited May 2013

right but there's no way that will be fixed until new servers are added, which is not what the update is for today. that's all i've been trying to say. today is about performance issues. let's stop arguing, yeah? because neither one of us even has a worthwhile point anymore.

they'll do what they can to fix the queues i'm sure, but what else can be done aside from adding additional servers? i think it's great that they are working on the lag issues first to make the game playable for the ones who do squeak through the queues, though.
    edited May 2013
    As to the earlier posts that were somewhat vague by Cryptic, it's no wonder they are careful with their words, it's complainers like these who go out and give their game a bad name just because it's having normal typical issues that open beta games have, espcially because it's open beta f2p game with many people logging in. Doesn't mean the game sucks, but these people go out and say Oh that game sucks b-lls just because they are mad. I'd be careful how i worded things too.