test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Today's patch fixes the Queue status but not the Queue...

Comments

• Options
    olafr20041974olafr20041974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not describing an possible scenario but something that has happened to me a while ago.
  • Options
    garibaldi04garibaldi04 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queues for an MMO launch. Totally shocking. I can see why people are outraged.
  • Options
    ebonymayebonymay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laere89 wrote: »
    Do people honestly forget Blizzard almost does downtime during the same time, and twice the time they're doing it today. Blizzard usually goes from 5am-11am pst. Not to mention the multiple times their maintenance has overextended by hours. How do you expect a company to choose the perfect time between timezones split by 5-6 hours. It just isn't going to happen, so deal with it. They have to do maintenance at some point. Good lord. Can people stop being so self-entitled and just give it a break.

one difference blizzard keep their customers updated as to how long servers would be down for and would give free play time as a result so bad argument there. they never had ques of 1hr plus to get into game it was 10-15 mins max.
  • Options
    kolrethkolreth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    punatulkku wrote: »
    Im shocked that there isint any thoughts regarding europe again. Everytime new game goes open beta/launch there isint single hint for downtimes thought for europe, or servers for european gamers. I personally lose interest on supporting game that disregards european gamers.

Firefall has a european beta server.
  • Options
    fwank2k9fwank2k9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And for those people ranting back at me, that's awesome, I like rants, and conversation, that's what drives the community. I'm unhappy, I'm sorry if this offends you, err, no if it offends you, then rant back... I'm certainly hopeful that the game has less of a queue, I want to play like everyone else, I enjoyed the time I've been playing, have a pretty fun cleric, and digging the Foundry, both content and stuff I'm plotting out.

But I am still going to bark when I don't see a good answer coming from PWE, now someone posted a comment from an admin buried in one of the random threads on the queue that I didn't read, that's a promising statement. It doesn't change the fact that the patch notes are not clear about the queue times, we can infer that better capacity support means they can handle more people on the server thus reducing the queue...or it can just mean we have less lag.

And I'm watching Defiance as I wait, on the screen next to this one. Which is a pretty good show, doesn't change the fact that I'm annoyed at the current state of the queue and want someone to say, hey we are fixing that, not just giving me buttons and improving my queue experience.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Everyone!

Today's maintenance is designed to improve server performance across the board, which ideally will allow us to support a higher volume of players with better performance overall. I would love to make a specific promise about queue times being noticeably improved, but one challenge is that this is directly impacted by the number of players trying to log in, which fluctuates throughout the day and thus may vary depending on when one is trying to log in. We are monitoring this actively during open beta and are working hard to ensure that no one has to wait too long to play Neverwinter. Thanks for your support!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ebonymay wrote: »
    one difference blizzard keep their customers updated as to how long servers would be down for and would give free play time as a result so bad argument there. they never had ques of 1hr plus to get into game it was 10-15 mins max.

I don't know what dead server you were on but I've been in 2 hour WoW queues.
  • Options
    drewpee12drewpee12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i now cant log in because of this patch i think ive been trying for so long now bout an hour maybe more n e one got n e ideas how i can fix or not?
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a lot of people in this thread know how to run an MMO better than Cryptic. I am looking forward to all the exciting and well managed projects that are certain to be coming out any time now.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

Today's maintenance is designed to improve server performance across the board, which ideally will allow us to support a higher volume of players with better performance overall. I would love to make a specific promise about queue times being noticeably improved, but one challenge is that this is directly impacted by the number of players trying to log in, which fluctuates throughout the day and thus may vary depending on when one is trying to log in. We are monitoring this actively during open beta and are working hard to ensure that no one has to wait too long to play Neverwinter. Thanks for your support!

Add more servers? /thread
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

****, I remember longer queues than that during the first week or two of release.

The only MMO I can think of without long queues at release was Rift, but not everyone can be Trion. :P
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a lot of people in this thread know how to run an MMO better than Cryptic. I am looking forward to all the exciting and well managed projects that are certain to be coming out any time now.

You don't have to be a doctor to tell that someone's sick. Only a doctor can accurately diagnose and treat the problem, but anyone can point to the guy coughing his lungs out and go 'yeah, something's wrong there'.

The queue thing is a problem. This shouldn't be happening. So really, it's fair that people complain. It's fair that people accuse Cryptic of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up - because things HAVE gone wrong.

The question now is - what will Cryptic do about it? Today's network fixes are a good first step. Let's see if it makes a difference.
  • Options
    ebonymayebonymay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

i played on one of the most popular servers due to nahilum so not a dead server at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »

And then you end up with dead servers a month from now. It's better to deal with queues in the short-term and have healthy servers in the long-term.
  • Options
    dravzebendeindravzebendein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totaly feel you on this ! Yes it is Beta but still ... am I expecting too much lol
  • Options
    rabbiddograbbiddog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drewpee12 wrote: »
    i now cant log in because of this patch i think ive been trying for so long now bout an hour maybe more n e one got n e ideas how i can fix or not?

Because the servers are down due to the maintenance? Just off the top of my head, They stated last night the maintenance could take as long as 4 hours.

*shrugs*
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I totaly feel you on this ! Yes it is Beta but still ... am I expecting too much lol

It's not a Beta, it's a release.
  • Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    The 3 shards we have currently haven't even hit capacity yet. The problem isn't with the servers.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ebonymay wrote: »
    i played on one of the most popular servers due to nahilum so not a dead server at all.

Then you did not play at any of the major releases, I remember queues of well over 2 hours for Vanilla release and BC then I gave up on that ****ty game
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why people complain so much about Queues. SWTOR, RIFT, AION, PoE, and pretty much all the other game for the past 12 years I've been playing MMOs have had queues. The worst ever was AION where I had to wait 7-8 hours in queue for the first couple of days.

It's perfectly normal to have queues when the game launches. This is "Open Beta" but this is also their idea of an official launch for the game, so it's normal to expect official launch problems, such as bugs and queues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Comments to players on the Facebook page regarding what the patch will do for the queue:

Ideally this update should improve the queue experience.

Sorry to hear! Hopefully these updates will improve the overall experience for everyone. Stay tuned!

We hope that it will be improved with the updates we are applying right now.

We're working on improving the queue experience - definitely important to us!

Sorry to hear <person's name> - though hopefully this update will improve the queue experience for everyone going forward.

Could just one comment say we are making the queue time shorter? Cause when I read improving the queue experience, it's like saying to me we jazzed up our hold music, please hold.
  • Options
    unforgiven80unforgiven80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »

You are so right. The sheer amount of foolish people in these threads using the beta scapegoat is sickening. This is indeed a launch. Calling it beta is only so they can trick the fools into defending their lousy/greedy launch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why people complain so much about Queues. SWTOR, RIFT, AION, PoE, and pretty much all the other game for the past 12 years I've been playing MMOs have had queues. The worst ever was AION where I had to wait 7-8 hours in queue for the first couple of days.

It's perfectly normal to have queues when the game launches. This is "Open Beta" but this is also their idea of an official launch for the game, so it's normal to expect official launch problems, such as bugs and queues.

Everyone of those games also very quickly added new servers to adjust for the Q.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

See, I'm not complaining about the queue, I expected one, it's a predictable element in open betas and game launches. My comments are on the fact their response to the queue is rather vague. And remain so.
  • Options
    pest139pest139 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »

No, its an open beta!

Just adding more servers would be stupid, many games in the past decade have just added servers to aleviate ques only to end up with alot of severly underpopulated servers and a crippled game.
  • Options
    valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wakerglass wrote: »
    i'm sure the queue issue will just solve itself in a day or two. as it does with any other mmo launch in history. but i do agree with the OP. it sounds like they were speaking about lag and not about capacity with that statement. all you need to do is not underline the part you want to focus on and read the entire statement.

Doesn't matter how you read it, the result is the same. If the server supports more players, it helps with lag AND queue times. This is common sense and to say otherwise is just a stupid argument.

It's also stupid to expect a F2P game to live up to YOUR standards, especially since it's still in BETA. Do you kids know or understand what goes into developing and running a massively multiplayer online role playing game? No, because it's not your job or field, it's theirs. So stop your f-king b-tching and get over it already. Every f-king MMO in history has had login issues when the new influx of players login and they all get the resolved.

My f-king god, kids are so immature, pathetic, and unrealistic sometimes, just because they can't play right NOW. Waahhh wahhhh my p---y hurts waaaaah. LOL Give me a break.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Everyone of those games also very quickly added new servers to adjust for the Q.

No they didn't. The ones that did ended up with a bunch of dead servers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pest139 wrote: »
    No, its an open beta!

Just adding more servers would be stupid, many games in the past decade have just added servers to aleviate ques only to end up with alot of severly underpopulated servers and a crippled game.

They have already stated they expect this to happen and are already planning server merges.
  • Options
    valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are so right. The sheer amount of foolish people in these threads using the beta scapegoat is sickening. This is indeed a launch. Calling it beta is only so they can trick the fools into defending their lousy/greedy launch.

That's funny because it says OPEN BETA right on the home page of the site now. You are foolish for trying to say otherwise just because you want an excuse to b-tch.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    punatulkku wrote: »
    Im shocked that there isint any thoughts regarding europe again. Everytime new game goes open beta/launch there isint single hint for downtimes thought for europe, or servers for european gamers. I personally lose interest on supporting game that disregards european gamers.

definately. im going to go support that new, awesome D&D based game from that european company that just released....oh wait...