test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open Letter to Cryptic RE: Que

keielinkeielin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is a letter that I compose and sent in to support, and I though I would post it here.

My stance is that while we are not owed anything as priority ques were not included in what we were promised, it would be good customer service to extend the service, and I for one would definitely be more willing to invest more in the game.
Hello,
I am a Neverwinter Guardian pack purchaser, and I would like to suggest that a second priority que is implemented for Guardian Pack (and possibly other paying customers). I know that only Hero of the North users were promised priority que. However this is a service that has become the norm in many MMOs and competing MMOs such as Star Wars: TOR and LOTRO offer priority que access to people who pay much less than what I have (SWTOR offers higher que access to any player who pays $5 or more into the game). This would be a nice gesture to myself and the other players who invested early in the game, and give me a little more confidence in investing more into the game if I know I can get in and play sooner when I want to play.

Thank you for your time.

Please try to keep discussion civil, tyvm.
Post edited by keielin on

Comments

• Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree. Mostly because I want to play but all these jerks that got home from work before me are in even though I paid money upfront :P

Would be nice if there were three tiers of login "Hero", "Guardian", "Squire" with all freepers relegated to squire...heck, add a forth tier for freepers and make Squire a position earned by spending 15$ or more in the Zen Market...

I'd also love to know how my position went from 7469 to 32300....shouldn't I be getting CLOSER to entry?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    halojashalojas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    keep dreaming
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly the queue will be a thing of the past in a day or so and people won't even remember what they're complaining about. This is the ultimate in 1st world problems, I am a HoTn subscriber and honestly even though I have a better shot at getting in the queue I'm not even bothering, for a day or so until the silliness calms down.

I can work on my foundry dungeon, read up on lore or *gasp* play something else. I get being upset but this over the top hair pulling (not saying the OP is doing that but yeah it's out there) is embarrassingly stupid.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    Guess what, the game hasn't come out yet. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
  • Options
    thirdeye69thirdeye69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    beta or not when logging in the queue should go as follows:

1. Hero Pack Buyers
    2. Guardian Pack Buyers
    3. Starter Kit buyers
    4. The rest.
  • Options
    elcan1980elcan1980 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only reason to have this "Que" is so they can get more money through development. Forcing a Que to get more to spend 200.00 on a game that could die before its launched is stupid. MY opinion. Especially when the Que is deliberate.... When the Que is broken. What this tells me as a a "Paying customer" is well you haven't paid enough we want more and more. I love the game and really only have good things to say. Yet we have all seen those gaming companies loose there butts in the end because they got greedy... Yes its free to play, but it since we have a "Que" we want more to pay for our free game.. doesn't make a lot of sense Especially when i paid the market rate for a MMO already, and Ive spent more in zen....
  • Options
    alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited April 2013
    Essentially HOTN buyers would be the Lifetime Subscribers in other mmos. Guardian buyers would be the ones that bought the game and get the free month of VIP. Everyone else would be the "free players".

That is if Neverwinter used the hybrid business model.

As it stands now, basically Cryptic lumps you into HOTN users and Everyone Else. I was considering buying the $20 or $60 pack, but if I have to put up with a queue in the thousands regardless, I may as well save my money. Don't give me any "it's launch day" garbage either. Cryptic is not new to mmos, they knew the anticipation for this game and should of known better.
  • Options
    elcan1980elcan1980 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree this isnt there fist rodeo and during launch etc... open beta or what ever you want to call it they new better and took a risk hoping those that didn't by a HOTN pack would when the deliberate "Que" that counts up not just down hit. Also i want to ask is this beta or launch???? if its beta still the Guardians should have VIP access during the beta i paid for that. even though it changed...
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i feel they could have gotten more than 3 servers. 3 servers are worse than what you would have if you're company underestimated how many people were intersted in your game. atleast 6 is the average;"we don't quite feel the hype". They're always wrong about that, thus queues. But alteast they didn't pull a Warhammer online and launch with 60 servers, that pretty much made them almost bankrupt when so many quit a week after launch.
  • Options
    siskaxxsiskaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In one months time there will be no queue and all the servers will be pulled into one. It is release day. if a queue is all we have to deal with we are doing good.
  • Options
    mistral94mistral94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Is queue really that hard to spell properly?
  • Options
    manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mistral94 wrote: »
    Is queue really that hard to spell properly?

THANK YOU for saying this! lol
  • Options
    unnas20unnas20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I gladly sign the letter submitted by OP.
  • Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Agree, OP. Its pretty ludicrous they're treating paying customers the same as free-to-players.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • Options
    welly321welly321 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    siskaxx wrote: »
    In one months time there will be no queue and all the servers will be pulled into one. It is release day. if a queue is all we have to deal with we are doing good.

THIS...in one month all the people will have moved onto the next free to play MMORPG. These companies need to stop thinking F2p is a successful business model. Ever since League of Legends, there has been way to many fail cash shops. This game is no different. In one month time it will probably have a total of 10,000 active players, if that. There is no possible way this game will succeed with the current business model.
  • Options
    pilfropilfro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Isnt it still in beta? They need to get a feel for how many people they are going to see. If they open up a ton of servers you will all be back in a week screaming about dead servers. I'm not paying anything for the game, but I can understand if they let paid players get instant access or top of the line etc. Also people complaining about the queue being broken is exactly the type of thing having a queue today is shining a light on. My request is dont add a ton of servers let the numbers drop as they always do.
  • Options
    bilebobilebo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so everyone who agrees is complaining that someone who paid $200 dollars gets more advantages than you who payed $60. Then you complain that someone paid $60 bucks shouldn't be on the same level as someone who didn't pay in terms of queue and whatnot. well if you know math, why should you be put on the same level as someone who payed $140 dollars more than you while you think you should not be on the same level as someone who paid $60 less than you?
  • Options
    welly321welly321 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    BETA SCHMETA...Open beta with fully working cash shop and no character wipe on release is a launch regardless of what the developers call it. If it looks like duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....chances are its a duck.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guess what, the game hasn't come out yet. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

fixed .
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    djdragon79djdragon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    welly321 wrote: »
    THIS...in one month all the people will have moved onto the next free to play MMORPG. These companies need to stop thinking F2p is a successful business model. Ever since League of Legends, there has been way to many fail cash shops. This game is no different. In one month time it will probably have a total of 10,000 active players, if that. There is no possible way this game will succeed with the current business model.

You sound like the same guy spouting the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when Star Trek went F2P, and its still as successful and has more players than before.
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Honestly the queue will be a thing of the past in a day or so and people won't even remember what they're complaining about. This is the ultimate in 1st world problems, I am a HoTn subscriber and honestly even though I have a better shot at getting in the queue I'm not even bothering, for a day or so until the silliness calms down.

I can work on my foundry dungeon, read up on lore or *gasp* play something else. I get being upset but this over the top hair pulling (not saying the OP is doing that but yeah it's out there) is embarrassingly stupid.

Don't be reasonable or the crying kids and dramallamas will riot.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems they are providing what was advertised - so no issues here.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You got what you paid for: items, head start, etc.

You are not more important than anyone or special for doing that. Some players that are not founders already put $500 in the cash shop, means they spent more than you, should they get in over founders also?

Paying $60 does not mean you are some kind of VIP man, sorry. If you regret your buy now too bad, it was optional and you got what you paid for.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . The Queue issue is an issue that is being handled as quickly as possible. For now, I am closing this topic until the Queue system is working propely again, as it was intended. If this is still a relevant topic once the Queue System has been repaired and then can adequately be experienced for players to make informed opinions, please feel free to restart the topic. Thank you.

Please refer to:
    Sticky: Are you in a queue? Read this first!
This discussion has been closed.