test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To all those claiming OP classes are OP....

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Few things to take into account before coming here and whining:
  • New game needs time to allow people to get used to the mechanics and playstyle of the characters, become custom to what specs overcome what classes etc etc.
  • Some classes may very well be late bloomers at lower levels where sometimes it seems like they are underpowered during certain level brackets but become balanced at end game.
  • No point crying or whining for nerfs to damage outputs or mechanics of classes until people fully understand the classes.
  • PvP changes need to stay related to PvP and vice versa for PvE. Don't bring your arguments in to a PvP debate using PvE as a means to justify a potential nerf.
  • Study the other characters before whining to see what can be done to over come the issue you are having. Talk with other guild members and ask them questions about the class, do some home work before going on a tangent rant about how x class is OP.

Play the game, learn the game, learn to over come, adapt and change your play style. After you have done all this, then build constructive arguments about the issues so Perfect World can get a clear picture of the issues so they don't shoot the class in the knee.

Constructive posts consists of:
  • Level bracket.
  • Issue.
  • Reproducable?
  • Sceanrio in which it is being done.
  • PvP or PvE?
  • Description: Keep it clean and tidy, avoid ranting and going of on a tangent. Stay on topic. Confirm your findings with other players.
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bumped

/10chars
  • kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bump again since cry babies continue to cry
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Great_Weapon_Fighter,GWF is dd but tr do 2xtimes or more damage then him so i would say tr is op so is cw or GFW is 2xtimes to weak
  • dusknoiredusknoire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would rather them buff GWF than to nerf TR.

TR should do more damage imo, but GWF needs help in defining a role. Currently it just isn't really good at anything. I think most people that play the class, play it to be a striker.
  • kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think its funny how if a GWF does not top a chart in a instance they get all upset, claiming other classes are OP.

1 single large factor that alot of the posts on these boards seem to over look is a huge.. and i mean really large factor in DPS or over all damage. its the idiot working the keyboard. its the player.

proven time and time again in countless MMOs and games. u can have a decked out toon facing one thats not even of a diff class, but if one knows how to correctly play that toon, they will own the OP toon, or over geared toon. just about every time. I have also seen videos of skilled players down heroic bosses in WoW geared only in greens. yet OP guys in epic gear wipe every time..

so, when i see all the OP posts.... cause some class is busting butt in dps. take it with a grain of salt, its alot of hot air. just LTP your class, and just cause a rogue is out dps'ing you , well maybe cause you need to get better and its not always the toon. Hmmmm

in this game, you need to be aware of where u are, and how your attacking. its not mash button x and win. its positional and combat advantage means alot in this game, u cant just expect cause u role a certian class u will face role ppl or quests.

i been doing PvP in this game too. i die. often if im not careful, control wizards. good ones. make me work, and yes, i die cause they know how to play their class.

just my .02
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • miphiousmiphious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What people have to understand is that this game isn't wow. The classes dont have a DPS, Healing, and/or Tank spec's. They are what they are. GFs are tanks, CW are control, TR is DPS, DC is heals, and GFW is kind of your jack of all trades ... there is no getting past what each of these classes are at their core, yes you can make you GF do more damage, be he will always be a tank, and will never out dps an equally geared TR, and once you understand that, the better we will be.

Be Thankful that this game is set up, where all classes are kinda DPS already. and leave the TRs alone, DPS is all they got really.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    All the classes in this game are OP, nerf please.
  • dusknoiredusknoire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have also seen videos of skilled players down heroic bosses in WoW geared only in greens. yet OP guys in epic gear wipe every time..

lmao yeah, okay pal.
  • solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kent10s wrote: »
    I think its funny how if a GWF does not top a chart in a instance they get all upset, claiming other classes are OP.

1 single large factor that alot of the posts on these boards seem to over look is a huge.. and i mean really large factor in DPS or over all damage. its the idiot working the keyboard. its the player.

proven time and time again in countless MMOs and games. u can have a decked out toon facing one thats not even of a diff class, but if one knows how to correctly play that toon, they will own the OP toon, or over geared toon. just about every time. I have also seen videos of skilled players down heroic bosses in WoW geared only in greens. yet OP guys in epic gear wipe every time..

so, when i see all the OP posts.... cause some class is busting butt in dps. take it with a grain of salt, its alot of hot air. just LTP your class, and just cause a rogue is out dps'ing you , well maybe cause you need to get better and its not always the toon. Hmmmm

in this game, you need to be aware of where u are, and how your attacking. its not mash button x and win. its positional and combat advantage means alot in this game, u cant just expect cause u role a certian class u will face role ppl or quests.

i been doing PvP in this game too. i die. often if im not careful, control wizards. good ones. make me work, and yes, i die cause they know how to play their class.

just my .02

GWF dps is not even all that horrible once you get to the mid level 30s. I'm not awfully concerned that a TR does more damage than a GWF; its what rogues (as they exist in D&D) as supposed to do, inflict ridiculous amount of damage woth the caveat that they faceplant rather easily if they mess up on their evasion/stealth.

That being said the GWF does need some adjustment to make the lower levels less painful. One suggestion is to make it easier to built up Determination to activate Unstoppable which helps with both damage dealing and mitigation. As it is now, needing to take damage (often lots of it) to built Determination kinda defeats the purpose of the defense boosting part of Unstoppable.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

its the idiot working the keyboard. its the player.

I have also seen videos of skilled players down heroic bosses in WoW geared only in greens. yet OP guys in epic gear wipe every time..

just my .02

Um, okay - so let me get this right.

Your argument is that any issues are caused by all the 'idiots' (your term not mine) just happen to be playing the same classes and so they all have issues?
  • solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While I don't agree with his choice of words, I do agree with the fact that player skill has a big role in how well any class performs. Having good gear or an apprently 'OP' class does not help if you do not play to that class' strength. Trying to play the rogue like a frontline fighter will quickly teach you that all that offense comes at the cost of vey poor defense. Same case with the Wizard who does not use his control powers and just stands there attacking or just about any player not taking advantage of the abilities of their chosen class.
    edited April 2013
    lol what are u talking ppl who play gwf are stupid and thats reason they dont do biger dps ?so by your idea ppl who play tr and cw are smart so they do some dps?
  • leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I loved your message, so sad most guys seemed not to understand it and turned this topic into another rant.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leisses wrote: »
    I loved your message, so sad most guys seemed not to understand it and turned this topic into another rant.
    Yes; and it has devolved into 'non rogues are morons' to boot.
    Very sad.
    edited April 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Um, okay - so let me get this right.

Your argument is that any issues are caused by all the 'idiots' (your term not mine) just happen to be playing the same classes and so they all have issues?

well idiots may be a bit strong, but ppl that cry cause they can not play or lean to move, who want to just mash a button and "win" and cry that another class is OP, just because of their lack of skill. yes, idiot may be strong, but the way some ppl just act like
    cause a class owns they think anyone can face roll, and. well. many in this world have gotten used to "fair" life is not and has never been fair. it is what you make it, ur toon will preform based on your skill level, if you suck at playing, dont cry foul and demand a class get a debuff just because you cant or wont learn to play or understand that , other classes may shine later..

wait till we get a ton of max level's, and have some factual data, . stop crying, LTP and move on, games still early...
    edited April 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    Yes; and it has devolved into 'non rogues are morons' to boot.
    Very sad.

whats sad, is thats all you get out of the message. maybe someone else can enlighten you.
    edited April 2013
    what u dont understand? ppl who play tr are not good players and ppl who play gwf are not stupid skill of player dose not matter tr is way op
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    You missed out gear:
    That guy at the top of the damage meter, could be decked out in high offensive stat blue & green gear and the rest of the group has mixed or defensive gear. Note to my knowledge most rogues will be focusing on offensive stats over defensive ones.
    There's a video I saw of a dungeon run in beta where there was two wizards (same level) and the damage difference between these two was huge, one did more than 2x the damage of the other. Given that there is such a huge difference within a class DPS wise it makes it hard to say X is over/underpowered.
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Companions are divided into five categories. Those categories are Defender/Striker/Leader/Controller/Non-Combat. Now player characters are divided into the exact same categories with the exception of Non-Combat not being an option for a player. This should be an easy concept. GWF is a hybrid and falls under defender/controller. If you can't understand that, then you need to go play something else and leave the adults to their game. GWF is NOT a striker. If you want to play a striker, roll a rogue, or wait until they introduce another striker class. Otherwise play what is fun and post constructive observations about YOUR OWN CLASS that will improve gameplay/immersion and overall enjoyment of this game. Quit whining about "so-and-so out did me on the dps meter so they need a nerf!" or "so-and-so handed me my butt in pvp so they need a nerf!"
    I swear I wish stupidity was painful as I'm sure there would a lot of folks who post on these forums writhing on the ground in agony.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
    edited April 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    what u dont understand? ppl who play tr are not good players and ppl who play gwf are not stupid skill of player dose not matter tr is way op

If u keep saying it, maybe ppl will think its true. lol my kids used to do that , glad i saw thru it then, like i see thru what your trying to sell now.
  • crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    morvek01 wrote: »
    Companions are divided into five categories. Those categories are Defender/Striker/Leader/Controller/Non-Combat. Now player characters are divided into the exact same categories with the exception of Non-Combat not being an option for a player. This should be an easy concept. GWF is a hybrid and falls under defender/controller. If you can't understand that, then you need to go play something else and leave the adults to their game. GWF is NOT a striker. If you want to play a striker, roll a rogue, or wait until they introduce another striker class. Otherwise play what is fun and post constructive observations about YOUR OWN CLASS that will improve gameplay/immersion and overall enjoyment of this game. Quit whining about "so-and-so out did me on the dps meter so they need a nerf!" or "so-and-so handed me my butt in pvp so they need a nerf!"
    I swear I wish stupidity was painful as I'm sure there would a lot of folks who post on these forums writhing on the ground in agony.

Wtf ? /10char
  • hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    I play a CW, GWF are underpowered. when i see them i feel OP as all get out, and yes TR still beat me but not in dps so imo TR dont need a nerf either, but **** they really need to buff GWF and i mean a lot.

anyone crying about ppl crying doesnt play a GWF i think... they are weak and pathetic, anyone who has tried one must know this. i dont believe in nerfs at all since it is much more beneficial to simply buff another class but **** GWF need that buff...
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • thraxys00thraxys00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

just my .02

I love how this argument is used in every game about op classes, usually rogue types. "Learn2play" and the argument continues that if you know how to play an underpowered class you can beat an op class that doesn't know how to play as well. The beginning of your argument is flawed, pointless, and contradictory. If both players know how to play their classes equally well, then there should be an even chance for who comes out on top. The end of your argument is more valid. And yes each class will have strengths and weaknesses and come out on top in different situations. That is the ideal but I think what people are finding is that is not the case for each class. Given the way most mmos are designed, dps always wins because of the poor (or non-existent) design in defensive mechanics. Control can sometimes top out with debuffs which few can do anything to avoid. However, given those design flaws, the developers need to ensure there is balance otherwise everyone will play the op class except those who want a greater challenge. And that is boring. Why provide choices when there are no options? If only one choice is viable, having the choices was a waste of time for the player and the developer. AS to those who say trs only have damage, they should consider that TRs should have mobility in addition to damage. Mobility is huge, do not neglect that advantage. However i agree with the original post that is is likely a bit early to really determine which classes are overpowered. But that is mostly due to people learning how to play their class properly. Likely skills you learned in other games will not directly translate here. However, a good game design would ensure that classes grew in power equally and not be "late bloomers." And don't tell me they are limited by what WotC made in D&D becuase this is a completely different medium and plenty has changed already. Otherwise, where's my grid in combat?
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    worstclass3.png

Wizard, Wizard, me on GWF (full sentinel spec), Tank, Rogue.

I don't envy Rogues given how much aoe there is going on, if anything they might need a buff.

Also - that instance and the last boss is absolutely fantastic and super fun!
    edited April 2013
    thraxys00 wrote: »
    I love how this argument is used in every game about op classes, usually rogue types. "Learn2play" and the argument continues that if you know how to play an underpowered class you can beat an op class that doesn't know how to play as well. The beginning of your argument is flawed, pointless, and contradictory. If both players know how to play their classes equally well, then there should be an even chance for who comes out on top. The end of your argument is more valid. And yes each class will have strengths and weaknesses and come out on top in different situations. That is the ideal but I think what people are finding is that is not the case for each class. Given the way most mmos are designed, dps always wins because of the poor (or non-existent) design in defensive mechanics. Control can sometimes top out with debuffs which few can do anything to avoid. However, given those design flaws, the developers need to ensure there is balance otherwise everyone will play the op class except those who want a greater challenge. And that is boring. Why provide choices when there are no options? If only one choice is viable, having the choices was a waste of time for the player and the developer. AS to those who say trs only have damage, they should consider that TRs should have mobility in addition to damage. Mobility is huge, do not neglect that advantage. However i agree with the original post that is is likely a bit early to really determine which classes are overpowered. But that is mostly due to people learning how to play their class properly. Likely skills you learned in other games will not directly translate here. However, a good game design would ensure that classes grew in power equally and not be "late bloomers." And don't tell me they are limited by what WotC made in D&D becuase this is a completely different medium and plenty has changed already. Otherwise, where's my grid in combat?

? stopped reading wall of text. lol maybe format it some, then it will make more sense.
    edited April 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    worstclass3.png

Wizard, Wizard, me on GWF (full sentinel spec), Tank, Rogue.

I don't envy Rogues given how much aoe there is going on, if anything they might need a buff.

Also - that instance and the last boss is absolutely fantastic and super fun!

as much as this is really Not proof. u have no idea what gear nor stats, so there are lots of unknows.

this is the big issue with ppl crying about OP classes, they offer no real proof, besides. rogues are at the top, and anyone can faceroll a rogure blah blah.

really, just cause someone says a class is OP, but offers no hard proof and whats really hard here. is the proof. alot is subjective.

how the toon was played in the fight, what took place, did the boss knock down player a more, thus they had less dps, did player B not flank or have as much combat advantage? lots of factors go into saying a class is OP..

what alot of ppl here that are crying that the rogue is OP, its all subjective, and i guess like kids , if they keep saying it maybe someone will think its true and then instead of LTP or waiting ( games still new for goodness sake ) they want everyone else to
    be debuffed so they can have a uber epen and feel good. lol
    edited April 2013
    thraxys00 wrote: »
    I love how this argument is used in every game about op classes, usually rogue types. "Learn2play" and the argument continues that if you know how to play an underpowered class you can beat an op class that doesn't know how to play as well...
    Does get tiresome, doesn't it?
    edited April 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    Does get tiresome, doesn't it?

almost as tiresome as ppl crying cause they are not uber ..
    edited April 2013
    almost as tiresome as ppl crying cause they are not uber ..
    You're so far off the mark with that it barely deserves comment.
    Where is your vaunted 'proof' that this is a case?
    What a moron. lol
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    as much as this is really Not proof. u have no idea what gear nor stats, so there are lots of unknows.

this is the big issue with ppl crying about OP classes, they offer no real proof, besides. rogues are at the top, and anyone can faceroll a rogure blah blah. (...)

You do realize it's a screenshot with rogue being on the bottom of the table, right?