test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry sounds and music

zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I'm already getting comments about not having sound or music. Please Cryptic. Fix this quickly. :)

PS: Loooova yaaa
Post edited by zovya on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I put it near the top of my quest description:
    "Known issues: Sound effects and music not playing; game bug, not quest issue".

I haven't had a complaint about sound yet even though my quest is exponentially BORING without it. I don't know if that notice is working or not, but it seems to be. Just an FYI.

@RoBoBo - I know it's not necessarily your department, but we are begging you to help prod other departments on this. This is a big issue for us because it directly affects player experience in Foundry Quests. :)
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree, the sound bug needs to be fixed ASAP.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is being addressed...
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    h2oratty wrote: »
    It is being addressed...

Thank you for this. With that, I'll (personally) consider the issue "closed" but in progress. We just want to ensure you guys and gals (Devs) understand how important this particular glitch is to us in general. (I'll take the trigger-at-dialog-prompt crash back in trade for having SFX and Music working!) :)
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's working now!
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What, seriously?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, in fact I was playing your Hidden Blade quest, thunder outside, music in the mithral place etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well uh... those two things were always working. :P The music in the Mithral Gate comes from the room backdrop, and that has worked the whole time. The thunder in the outdoors section comes from a placed thunder effect, and that has also always worked. If things were working properly, you'd hear music all the way from the ambush in the inn to the very end of the quest.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh, no then. Sorry.

So the backdrops work? And sounds from special effects in the details tab. But not the sound in the special tab?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, but this might not be something you should trust at the moment. Also be aware that the backdrop in one room can be heard in neighboring rooms, so placing a piece of music in the backdrop of any indoors map with more than one room in is not recommended. In fact, I wouldn't have done it in A Hidden Blade if the Mithral Gate wasn't a one-room map.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Zovya, you got my hopes up lol! Yes anything you put as a backdrop ambient will play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I feel the crush too. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    lordshade420lordshade420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So its not fixed? Im having same problem today
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not yet no, sometimes ambient music works on the map detail but not always.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when it's patched / fixed it will appear in the patch notes :rolleyes:
  • Options
    johnnyallenjohnnyallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also does not work in the foundry editor.. Can't here any of the music/sounds when selecting them from the list.
  • Options
    dargzer0dargzer0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 on this request

Devs, please make this a priority. I believe dynamic sounds, and music is essential to any quest. In fact I'm using triggers to transition music between exploration and "boss battle" for example.

In the Foundry they all work perfectly, but when played from the game no music, no sounds, nothing :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now people are commenting that I should have put a harvesting item on the map. Next they'll ask for dragons and cutscenes I guess.
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think as a general rule, sounds and music work if they are already attached to something greater, such as a backdrop or detail. But placed sounds or the sound only backdrops do not work.

So a fire will sound like fire, as it is attached to the detail. The thunder comes from the overall backdrop, so it will work.

But if you place a sound, it will not work. If you choose a specific music as the sound backdrop it will not work. With a few exceptions, interior rooms seem to be able to have working backdrop sounds/music, just not exterior.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do backdrop sounds work? Cause I added a Forest ambient sound to it and I can't hear it at all when I go and preview the map.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    h4wkeye101 wrote: »
    Do backdrop sounds work? Cause I added a Forest ambient sound to it and I can't hear it at all when I go and preview the map.

No, they don't work. AFAIK, the only sounds that work right now are the ones that are built into objects and the room background sounds.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ah bummer. My forest so not atmospheric without those neat forest ambient sounds.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h4wkeye101 wrote: »
    Ah bummer. My forest so not atmospheric without those neat forest ambient sounds.

Neither is my swamp. I don't even feel like working on my next quest until they fix the sounds. I just spent all day adding the right sounds only to find out they won't work in the actual game like they do in the foundry preview. Basically ruined my whole quest, I was gonna advertise it today but now I'm ashamed for anyone to play it since it won't have music or sounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Neither is my swamp. I don't even feel like working on my next quest until they fix the sounds. I just spent all day adding the right sounds only to find out they won't work in the actual game like they do in the foundry preview. Basically ruined my whole quest, I was gonna advertise it today but now I'm ashamed for anyone to play it since it won't have music or sounds.

Imagine my town festival... people are dancing, confetti flying, and total silence. UGH. so bad. #1 on my FIX THIS list is sound and music!!!!
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »

Yeah it sucks. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
  • Options
    navharnavhar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Sounds are still not working in UGC :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Of course not. There haven't been any Foundry patches since release.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Of course not. There haven't been any Foundry patches since release.

Not very encouraging. I don't know why they don't make the Foundry more of a priority. Lots of us haven't touched the rest of the game since hitting level 15. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As I said in another thread, they seem to pack Foundry fixes and updates in their own, larger patches that come out less often than the regular game patches. When the Foundry fixes appear, expect there to be a lot of them at once.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    As I said in another thread, they seem to pack Foundry fixes and updates in their own, larger patches that come out less often than the regular game patches. When the Foundry fixes appear, expect there to be a lot of them at once.

If this happens I will be happier a little kid on Christmas morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]