test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The good, the bad, and the horrible (so far)

13»

Comments

• djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is no one else finding the swap in swap out ability selection annoying?
    No one else find joy in juggleing 20 different abilities on cooldowns and pumping out a stream of abilities sitting on the edge of your seat timing death?

The 8 different abilies in total seems a bit... limited? Specially considering you cant really call your class mechanic nor 2 dailys you can get to choose between every 3-5 min abilities theyre much more along the lines of specials. 2 base attacks and 3 short CD abilis? Basically got an option of 2 auto attacks 3 abilities, a class special and 1 or another 1 big CD abili.

Now dont get me wrong, i'm actually loving the game at the moment really really enjoying it but, theres a big screaming voice in my head shouting I COULD BE DOING MORE. I find myself consistently in dungeons and PvP with all abilis on CD and me sitting there stairing at the screen with my finger pressed down spamming auto attacks.

So comon? give me a nice big abili bar to chain up all my encounters and auto attacks on :)

Been talking to alot of friends trying the game out but i cant seem to find anything on the forums with people mentioning lack of ability dynamics during combat, so figured id throw it out there.

I personally believe this is how ALL mmo's should be. it means you must be selective on your build, means you cant just queue up 1000 (exaggerating) skills and time all of their cooldowns and last but not least have a game where u just stand at the back as ranged and press macros all day. i remember a friend of mine playing wow went out and got his gf in a dungeon to press 4 over and over at the back while he was afk. u cant do that in this and i love it.

i think the amount of skills in this is right - it means skill choices are what make up the class - not heres every skill chuck it on a bar and cycle the cooldowns
  • darkeklipsedarkeklipse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    The Horrible:
    1. Who dropped the ball on armor variety? I've gone from level 1-30 and had -MAYBE- 3 or 4 different armor looks. I'm talking CHEST armor. Everything else? Entirely identical. What is going on here? Did you guys just completely forget to design armor sets? Is all the armor sitting on 60 vendors somewhere? I haven't played another MMO with gear variety that is so utterly lacking. This is unacceptable as it is right now. Don't even get me started on pants. Do you remember the epic book series where Drizzt spent the first year of his career searching for quality pants? Yeah, me neither.

Dear sweet selune. You are totally right. The armor variety is atrocious. Nice well thought out list!
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear sweet selune. You are totally right. The armor variety is atrocious. Nice well thought out list!

Thank you.