test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Older dude...I mean gamer looking for a Guild.

raaxraax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
Greetings and salutations!

First and foremost, I am a 57 year old gamer! I can honestly say I want to be a kid for as long as I can or the wife will allow.

I have played from PnP to Muds all the way up to present day. I have been in Guilds, Alliances and Cabals far to many to count. I even have ran one or two and have held many positions in them too. I also have played many styles over the years...meaning from hardcore/raiding to walking thru the woods picking flowers! I also have seen many Guilds come and go and it all has been due to drama!

Today, I am looking for a Guild that knows there is a life away from the game. That life has priorities, needs and raises its ugly head at times. That also knows that friendship/loyalties to the Guild out shines LOOT! That it is NOT mandatory to have mumble/teamspeak installed. Being part of a Guild should be fun and NOT feel like a job. I have been in the service and know all about loyalty, honor and service. That is what I can give to the Guild.

Thats if you will take this old dude...again mean gamer!

RAAX
"The Sleeper has Awakened!"
Post edited by raax on

Comments

• scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hey raax,

You should definitely check out Order of the Raven. We're a casual group of mature players with a diverse age spectrum. Most of our iur NW guilders come from our multi-gaming community, LaggyGamerz. We're a casual group of lads and ladies, all with our real-life responsibilities (many of us are university students, or working, or both).

Be sure to give our guild-recruitment thread a glance: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?124231-Order-of-the-Raven-Casual-Guild-Awesome-Community!

Best of luck in your search!
    Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • rympharympha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited April 2013
    raax wrote: »
    That it is NOT mandatory to have mumble/teamspeak installed.

I agree with everything you stated, except for this. As a guild leader, I look at this statement as "I will go raid with the guild, but I will employ my own strategy during fights and not listen to a word anyone else has to say about what I need to do during the fight." I know this isn't entirely what you meant, but if you are going to raid or run pre-made pvp with a guild, im sorry, but voice chat programs are mandatory.

If your objective in the game is to have a guild in which you do absolutely nothing but pug dungeons and what not, then by all means, I retract my previous statement.
    vox_edited-4_zpsf285842b.png
  • zaynderazayndera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You should check out "The Older Gamers" as they will have a pretty large guild in Neverwinter and are a great group of people that sound exactly like what you are wanting! http://www.theoldergamers.com/
    "Rock is overpowered, but paper is perfect!" -- Scissors
    Swordmage.jpg
    Gayme 0n - An LGBT-ally Gayming Community
  • thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hey raax,

You might be interested in checking us out, see my sig for the recruitment thread.

As for mumble, it is the client we use. It is not mandatory for membership, but certain group/raid leaders can require it, even in a listen only status if they feel it is necessary for the content being attempted.

Feel free to check us out, and please PM me if you have any questions.

Thaliff
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Our guild is 21yrs old and have been gaming a long while in many different games and we understand life out side the game, but know its nice to see old friends again when you leave one game and pick up another.

However, We do use TeamSpeak 3 for coordinating Raids, if you plan on participating in ElderGame events. Don't have to talk, but its important to be able to hear strategy.
  • raist31raist31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Raax if you are into the drow scene we sound like a perfect fit to be honest. We have a wide age range as well, we have several different avenues of play types from our site.

Anyway, I could go on and on about things to try to sell you, but ultimately it is up to you and you checking some of these guilds out and making the decision. We would definitely be glad to have a mature gamer around. Not gonna lie though, you would be the oldest in our guild so far, but we do have quite a few between the ages of 35-41. I wish you good luck on your search for a guild. Our website is listed below with my sig, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or Rizogue anytime, or anywhere on here or our forums.
  • raaxraax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I may have been a bit hasty in my statement it would seem...

"That it is NOT mandatory to have mumble/teamspeak installed." I am well aware of the workings of a raid and the communication needed to accomplish same. As stated above I was in the military and without communications a mission can quickly become FUBAR!

At times I have been known to swear like an old sailor! I just do not want to be forced to be online with mumble/teamspeak/etc. during my normal play session. You or anyone that needs help in the Guild and I am there.

I also want to thank the ones who so far have posted a reply. I will be visiting your sites shortly.
    "The Sleeper has Awakened!"
  • rympharympha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited April 2013
    I can understand that, and I want to apologize if my post seemed harsh at all. I honestly didn't intend it that way. But while there are gamers who always hang out in a voice chat program while they play, your are correct that it should only be mandatory during certain events where communication is vital. I personally enjoy both talking on a voice chat and typing in guild at the same time, so speaking to my guild mates however they feel most comfortable has always been easy for me to do while we are just hanging out. Typing mid combat is definitely not very good strategy though.
    vox_edited-4_zpsf285842b.png
  • jezyraejezyrae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Hi there...

I am a member of The Wild Hunt. I was drawn to them because I had similar expectations of a guild as you. Just check out their page (above) or their thread The-Wild-Hunt-Late-Night-Heavy-Roleplay-Guild

It pretty much speaks for itself.

Good luck!
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sending you a PM Raax.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention one thing Raax, we do not use vent/teamspeak or any outside chat system. We don't need to. All our communication is contained in game and on our guild website.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • sardokussardokus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello Raax, you seem to be a perfect fit for Grievance sir. I sent you a pm.