test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's your favorite BW4 class?

volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
After BW4.
Lets see what changed after Beta Weekend 4 ! :)

It should be "BW4" in poll title, but of course can't edit, geez...
(please, admin fix this typo, thx)
5cm82e.jpg
Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
Played more than 100 000 times!
> TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
Post edited by volcxxx on

Comments

• kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Rogue with Guardian as #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Managed to get one of each class into their 20's and Trickster Rogue was by far the easiest (and fastest) to level.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Managed to get one of each class into their 20's and Trickster Rogue was by far the easiest (and fastest) to level.

It's the most overpowered class. What you expect?

image.php?u=89418349&type=sigpic&dateline=1363427137
    Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got to try all the classes over the few BW that I played and the only one I really enjoyed was the CW.

It was the one I kept leveling up and got one to about lvl 42 this weekend. I found the other classes to not be as interesting for me, though they where still fun. I think at heart I'm just a CCer who loves to mess with people and support a group from afar, I pick em they stick em... or in this case, they stab em.:D
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • psuedomonaspsuedomonas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    jirodyne wrote: »
    It's the most overpowered class. What you expect?

Rofl! Seriously mate! In this DnD CRPG each class is designed to have a role..You have Controller, Leader, Striker and one other that escapes me now. Guess what a trickster rogue is? Thats right! Its a striker! Its job, its only job is to be the main damage dealer out of the classes available so far. So for you to think it is OP, like many other whines I have seen on the forums, in my eyes makes me think working as intended. In PvP sure, they are powerful in doing what they do-damage- but they are also squishy and susceptable to CC. In a dungeon I definately would like a rogue in my party. For me, they work!

P.S my favourite class was the Devoted Cleric, by a long way! I love the mechanics for this class, damage enemies to build your divinity, use this divinity to clear enemies from wounded friends, DoT them and heal them, resume damage and building of divinity. It is a very active, highly addictive playstyle that some may not like, but when played to potential, I feel they will be one of the most desired classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danyels64danyels64 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ill share my oppinion also .Tried 4/5 of the classes till 10-24 so i'll relate the following based on these levels.

The Cleric seemed really nice for leveling and the fun factor was real high . The wizard gave me the feeling of a strong mage (the choke thingie had me laugh a couple of times); the rogue was on par if not a tad bit better than the wizard on the leveling side.

On the other end of the stick there was the Great Weapon Fighter - or warrior as i like to call it , i dont know wtf those testers submited , but i can say one thing : Not many people are going to enjoy the leveling ride . I just stopped several times to analize the issue finding myself almost out of pots by level 10 , an issue quite bizzare as with most classes i had at least 14-15 pots by then .
  • aurolieenaurolieen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    danyels64 wrote: »
    On the other end of the stick there was the Great Weapon Fighter - or warrior as i like to call it , i dont know wtf those testers submited , but i can say one thing : Not many people are going to enjoy the leveling ride . I just stopped several times to analize the issue finding myself almost out of pots by level 10 , an issue quite bizzare as with most classes i had at least 14-15 pots by then .
    I had the exact same issue with my GWF.. The only class that I actually almost ran out of potions with. Also it was considerably slower and harder to get to level 10. Not sure if the class scales better come higher levels, but as it is now, it is going to scare a lot of new players away from the class.

I voted the CW as my favorite. It's the last class I leveled to lvl 10 (tried all but the guardian and didn't want to spoil more of the fun of the higher levels) and I had a blast playing it. PvP was also a lot of fun.
    Notable second was the Cleric, also an interesting class to play and damaging enough for a healer.
    Rogue was surely the strongest, but did not really do it for me.
    Sehanine's will be done!
    Lawful - Neutral
  • xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I enjoyed my 25 GWF. Once I was able to get some serious defense/Armor pen/crit gear. They are VERY dependent on gear and their feat spec.

They also are not going to do any much DPS as a trickster rogue, they have way, way, more survivability. I was tanking the boss several time when a newbie GF was learning the ropes on what it means to tank. Was really surprised how good of a tank they can be with the right skill set. No block, but determination is a good faceblocking technique with a healer.

I was all about the CW, but I think I'll play either fighter in the beta. Didn't see that many good tanks out there.
  • vulupvulup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I only played my GWF up to level 6, but I loved their second at will power because it actually had me prep my character spatially a little bit by positioning him properly, using the slow aoe encounter ability initially, etc. Hope to see more of that as they level up.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Based on what I saw in PvP, it should be 50% TR with these others being fairly even except GF, which was rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's so hard for me to chose my favorite class. XD My main is still going to be a TR, but this weekend, she mostly tinkered with crafting as I was running with several people who'd created a character for the first time. So, out of the CW and GWF that I rolled, I ended up voting GWF. I love them both - they're awesome, but I have to say I Spinning Strike is just an awesome looking skill. ^__^
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . .During BW3, my favorite class was the Control Wizard. During BW4 however, I deleted my mage just so I'd not have the will to play him so I could get myself to revisit the Devoted Cleric, which at one time took over being my favorite from the CW. During BW3, I gained my love back for the Control Wizard. During BW4, I have continued to love the Devoted Cleric even more.

. . . . .Only because I played the DC last and it left such a good impression, as it stands, the Devoted Cleric is my favorite class available during BW4. However, I have played all the classes at some point in testing and have enjoyed them all, what I did play of them. The only one that let me down was the Control Wizard, but that was quickly remedied in BW3, I do believe - when I fell back in love with the CW.
  • mystic586mystic586 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While I haven't played a Cleric or Fighter, I have played a Control Wizard and Trickster Rogue to level 20. While I like them both, I had more fun playing the Rogue. The Wizard was ok, but I found the choice of available spells very limiting. I would like the option between damage and Crowd Control. To me, the Wizard seems a bit weak. I am planning on trying the other two classes during the next beta weekend, so I guess we will see.
  • finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After playing all the classes I think the Rogue has the most potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    I have tried them all and although the rogue is much fun, i have more fun with the control wizard. I am hoping though that there is a wizard/sorc type class soon... scourge warlock i think is what im looking for (im not very sure on the classes from DnD sorry!)
  • wendyonewendyone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tied Guardian fighter & Great weapon fighter. Great weapon fighter best so far yet to try others.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have tried everything to 12 and rogue and cleric past 20 in CB2. In CB3 I went GWF to level 47. In CB4 I went from level 1 to 50 on GWF. I really love the GWF. Sure the rogue does more damage, sure the cleric has the healzorz. But for some reason I just love the GWF. I think that I am going to RP marry a GWF. I might even RP the RP of the RP of the GWF! It goes a little something like this.

Trogdor!
    Trogdor!
    Trogdor was a man
    I mean, he was a dragon man
    Or maybe he was just a dragon

But he was still Trogdor!
    Trogdor!
    Trogdor!

Burninating the countryside,

Burninating the peasants

Burninating all the peoples

And their thatched-roof cottages!
    Thatched-roof cottages!

Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos
    It's like squeedly versus meedley over here
    Go squeedly!
    Go squeedly!!
    Squeedly wins!!!

When all the land is in ruins
    And burnination has forsaken the countryside
    Only one guy will remain
    My money's on

Trogdor!
    Trogdor!

And the Trogdor comes in the night . . .