test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Select DX11

mangarrmangarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have read a number of posts on this forum that you can enable DX11 by expanding the troubleshooting tab under the video option and then select the video card drop-down. I do not see a video card drop down in my game when I look there. I am running dual 680GTX cards and using the latest 314.22 drivers so I don't know why I don't see that option in my game.
Post edited by mangarr on

Comments

• mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Greetings,

What troubleshooting steps have you tried? (Ex: Start a differnt game that uses Dx11 to see if it works, goto nvidia forums, etc...)

Here is a link of DX11 supported games. If you can get Dx11 working on one of those, then you know its got to be a Neverwinter bug.
  • mangarrmangarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    DX11 works fine for me - played some Tomb Raider yesterday. Was hoping someone else had a workaround or if it is a known bug.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    mangarr wrote: »
    DX11 works fine for me - played some Tomb Raider yesterday. Was hoping someone else had a workaround or if it is a known bug.

Sorry I can't help you. I have the same driver and 2 GTX 580's SLI. When I goto options, video, troubleshooting, I can see DX9 #1 & #2 and also DX11 beta #1 & #2. I just can't seem to get the DX9 to run in SLI mode. I can use Dx11 though and it seems to run smoother.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    i changed it to dx11 and nothing changed. lol.. Im on max everything.. there isnt a single bit of difference to me.. maybe im too old to understand the difference?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • c00litc00lit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i changed it to dx11 and nothing changed. lol.. Im on max everything.. there isnt a single bit of difference to me.. maybe im too old to understand the difference?
    I think DX11 for NW is little more than a port of DX9 so thats why you can’t tell any difference because there isnt any at least until they add DX11 features. You may see a performance improvement though with it enabled :cool:
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Don't forget to restart the game client after changing between DirectX versions, it says right there in the options that it requires a restart to take effect. I'm able to select and apply mine just fine on an ati 7770. Game looks brilliant on max settings in DX11! The only real difference I see is I can choose higher AntiAliasing settings above x4, with DX9 enabled, I can only choose up to x4, but with DX11 enabled I can slide it up to AAx16.