test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Foundry Manual

Comments

• adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Gill, as always, you continue to ROCK!!

PS don't forget to update the OP with Part 2 :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My computer blew up and its weekend ... So please wait till tuesday for next release.

*sigh*
  • bluelightbanditbluelightbandit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any word on when the Foundry will be available? I mean, outside of the Alpha tester stuff.
    edited April 2013
    I will gradually be moving the listing here:-
    link
    so that to is easy to maintain the manual with changes etc.

Manual Part
    Latest Version PDF
    Latest Version .DOC
    Old Versions(Archive)

Part 0
    Ver. 1.12
    Ver 1.1
    PDF link v1.0; PDF link v1.1

Part 1
    Ver. 1.2
    Ver. 1.2
    PDF link v1.0

Part 2
    Ver. 1.0
    Ver. 1.0

Part 3
    Ver. 1.0
    Ver. 1.0

Part 4
    High res ver. 1.0
    Ver. 1.0(low res)
    Ver. 1.0

Part 5

Twitter:- @gill_NW

p.s.
    Also in the thread as OP post:-
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?137101

p.s. of p.s.
    Workarounds for i-devices which cant open the Skydrive:-
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?116961-Community-Foundry-Manual&p=1999241&viewfull=1#post1999241

p.s of p.s. of p.s.
    For those who want to share and use this work in something:-
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?116961-Community-Foundry-Manual&p=2050801&viewfull=1#post2050801
    CC license for non-commercial use(with explanation why non-commercial).

Important:-

[thread=117831]List of UGC[/thread]

[thread=140651]Hash Tags for authors[/thread]

[thread=140391]Q&A thread[/thread]
  • unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thank you Gill!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Nice manuals guy.

Should be helpful to a lot of folks. Well done.
    edited April 2013
    I forgot to add monadplural in thanks ... well I will correct that thing in next version. I blame completing the Manual too quickly to give me enough time to think.

~~~~

And thanks!!!

~~~~

@unah1 I will be adding that argument quest of courtroom in my next quest. It will have war of words instead of swords.
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Apologies for this undoubtedly repeat question, I've scanned the manuals quickly but not the rest of the forums (at least, I couldn't find a relevant post using Search). Is there any way to go first person when looking at scenes in the Foundry (so not just looking top down), or is the camera control when testing with a character the same as if you were playing an actual character (i.e. zero camera control)?
    edited April 2013
    Apologies for this undoubtedly repeat question, I've scanned the manuals quickly but not the rest of the forums (at least, I couldn't find a relevant post using Search). Is there any way to go first person when looking at scenes in the Foundry (so not just looking top down), or is the camera control when testing with a character the same as if you were playing an actual character (i.e. zero camera control)?
    Next part of Manual will deal with it, coming out in a few days. Sit tight!
    edited April 2013
    To the two people who sent me a PM in game regarding manual - Thanks for your kind words.

Unfortunately as I was under level and not a founder, I was not able to send you PMs but I sent mails to you.

*The cleric bows formally*
  • mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Promotes this Manual!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • ginashiginashi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love your Manual !
    But I have a question: can we stack the same item quest in one inventory slot (as 10 cheeses) ?
    edited April 2013
    ginashi wrote: »
    I love your Manual !
    But I have a question: can we stack the same item quest in one inventory slot (as 10 cheeses) ?
    Not yet I guess. But we suggestted this feature a few days ago (some other silverstar did).
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Not yet I guess. But we suggestted this feature a few days ago (some other silverstar did).

Ok, then:
    - Can an "Objective" dropes more than one item quest ?
    - Can we track the number of an item quest we have got ?

I think the answers are no, but I try ... because the official quests can.

PS: English is not my native language :)
    edited April 2013
    What I have in my head: A NPC who offers services like Hireman. Side quests give a special currency which allow to pay these services, and you can track this currency like an "objective".
    An official quest can do this stuff, but with the Foundry we have some troubles:
    - Currency
    -> Can't be piled.
    --> Create coins of 1, 2, 5, 10. Very bad idea, you must create on option for each possible combination coin for each service.
    --> Create coins of 1,2,3,4,5,6, ... max. You must cap the max change you can have, and create an option for each type of coin for each service. It's most simple than "coins of 1,2,5,10" solution (less combinations).
    ---> In a dialogue, the options which need an item are displayed. If you have 10 type of coins, it's 10 options dialogue, with 9 disabled but displayed.
    ----> Add a "Display when" option, but what ?

-> Can't be directly tracked.
    --> Can only be tracked an objective main quest. Type of objective:
    --> Inspect X object. Here, you Inspect a "reward chest" that give an item (read the currency part) and add a +1 in the "Objective" (like 1/100). But it's an objective main quest, you MUST complete this objective if you want to finish the main quest. And inspect 100 objects is the only way ...
    --> Kill X things. If a NPC can kill another NPC, you can put in the corner of the map a VERY POWERFULL friendly NPC, and weak hostile NPCs who spawns when you win a coin. At the end, you can spawn the last ones to validate the objective.
    ---> But you can't track the loss of money.
    --> Dialogue. When you win a coin, or move to the next objective, each objective display your currency statically. But only one dialogue option can move to the next objective ... that means only one NPC can give money
    ---> But it's linear: you can't track the loss and the saving of money in same time.

-> Can an objective give more than 1 item ?

Problem
    Solution ?
    Bad solution

PS: English is not my native language
  • shammusshammus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited April 2013
    I love the font that the manual is written in, can anyone tell me what the name of it is?
    edited April 2013
    That is the font cryptic uses for foundry... Its their IP (named sava) but they earlier said that we can use their resources for fan-related work. So I used it.
    edited April 2013
    Ok. This is back on schedule. The next part will be out before weekend. This one will be shorter but will touch a lot of areas to make sure all your basics are clear.
    edited April 2013
    Added a NW foundry specific twitter account.
    https://twitter.com/gill_NW

Everything I do with foundry will be tweeted there. Also, any further updates on manual will be posted there.
    edited April 2013
    Foundry Manual 4, High Resolution Version:-
    http://sdrv.ms/YxRNAg
    edited April 2013

It was removed. The way was to use
    /cam_interp_speed 0
    command. However this command no longer works in the latest build.
    edited April 2013
    For those who are having trouble with skydrive on their i-devices:-

https://apps.live.com/skydrive/allapps/ios
    and
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skydrive/id477537958?mt=8
    this browser also opens PDF files I am told.
    https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/cloudon/id474025452?mt=8
    *Some dark corner of internet*
    I believe I have cracked this. Please try also.

Select PDF file by ticking it.
    Press download, then press download again
    File should open automatically in a new tab.

This is now working for me. Feedback please.
    etc.

There are other workarounds too. Kindly google it.

zovya wrote: »
    Maybe just put a interactive object at the beginning to determine quest variables. Then it appears as part of the game mechanics, and not part of the story.
    You can add a seperate room and name the NPC "DM".

That was how the Icewind Dale mod for NWN2 worked.
    Thanks for producing these guides, I am about to start reading volume 3. These will be a big help getting started with the toolset.
    Nice to know it is useful for you! :)
    mokomii wrote: »
    Did not know this existed. Awesome! Lets see if you can make custom NPC's with abilities among other things!
    You cannot add abilities or powers, but you can fake it. Latest one also hows how to add a friendly encounter which fights with you. You can change the costume of the friendly encounter to use it.
    edited April 2013
    .DOC file for part 4 was added for those who would like different font. It is a low res version though - for high res pictures please have a look at PDF file.

Blame compression algorithm of MS if you find the images too bad.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=1728221#post1728221