test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Continual crashing at login

rob75rob75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Was unable to get online to play this weekend. Here's the facts! Please let me know if there is any additional information you need to help resolve my issues.

1) When I log in to patcher, I get an error message that says: "An error was detected by the game. Would you like to verify all files. NOTE: This may take 10-20 minutes." I have tried both yes and no options, but doesn't seem to make a difference, even in the amount of time it takes to give me a "PLAY" option.

2) Once I get the "CANCEL" button to a "PLAY" button, I click it, and get a warning "Your computer appears to be using an unsupported video card. I select the option "Yes, with lowered settings". (I have actually tried both ways, but doesn't seem to make a difference.) This is the same thing I did during 2nd beta weekend, and got logged on fine.

3) I see the Cryptic title screen, followed by the Neverwinter title screen, then a message that says "Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed." I have got this message every time (at least 6, maybe 10 attempts) I've tried to log in this weekend.

Hopefully, you can help me resolve my issues, and I can get back to playing by the time the next opportunity comes up. By the way, I WAS able to play in the 2nd beta weekend, with lowered graphic settings. Just in case it matters, I acquired my beta key from PC gamer. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER!
Post edited by rob75 on

Comments

• ado123sqlado123sql Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the same problem how we can fix it*An error was detected by the game. Would you like to verify all file
  • hoperubyhoperuby Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have a problem very similar: one exception: it seems that before the screen at which it bugs, for half a second appears the luminosity setting. i cant set it because it changes automatically to the Neverwinter - Dungeons & Dragons Loading... page. i tryed reinstalling twice and it doesnt works
  • hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi All,

You'll have to post error IDs for us to let you any status on these crashes.

Dave
  • novalbluenovalblue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dave, there is NO error ID showing. This problem is still occurring. I was able to play yesterday after the maintenance, but today, I'm getting the same error that has been described above.

Verifying files appears to complete properly, but once it's over and I hit play, the game just stalls out on the "Cryptic" loading screen.
  • silldiabollisilldiabolli Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem.
    ''When I log in to patcher, I get an error message that says: "An error was detected by the game. Would you like to verify all files. NOTE: This may take 10-20 minutes." I have tried both yes and no options, but doesn't seem to make a difference, even in the amount of time it takes to give me a "PLAY" option.''
    After I click "Play" a message apears that says "Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed."At the bottom of this pop-up it writes "Error Ticket ID :27599923"
  • goddessdepravegoddessdeprave Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here, in fact still having the issue after the new patch they put out. Same Error Ticket ID: 2759923. Still crashes before Cryptic title screen, regardless of verifying files or not.
  • afrogollumafrogollum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got the same problem with Ticket Id 27599923
  • drumanvildrumanvil Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is the first time the Lead Graphic Programmer has said anything and he said he that he needed the code. It is 27599923. As all may notice , most of the comments have listed the error code over most of this thread. There have been enough complaints for him/her to have seen it. I don't want to complain but there are obviously many many people playing Neverwinter. There are other games out there that can fill the need of the gaming experience of Neverwinter. I really hope that I have not spent my time making a cool character for nothing.
  • slangflameslangflame Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello. I'm a new player. I installed the game and then it also crashed for me right after clicking play. It just attempts to go full screen and then crashes right back to the desktop with no error and then brings up a support ticket box.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . Please make a new thread or find a "living one" on issues rather than replying to reports over 30 days old. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.