test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GuardianFighter.com

13»

Comments

• Options
    tibberton1tibberton1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited April 2013
    beleb1 wrote: »
    Im not quite sure how it was rude...all I did was laugh at what the person was doing in pvp and then ask a rhetorical question.

Laughing at people is generally considered rude. Especially when there is an excessive amount of "haha"s involved. And most people view rhetorical questions (especially on the tail end of that) as condescending. It's perfectly fine to disagree with people, and have heated debates. I've gotten into a few over Conqueror feats, but I backed up my viewpoint with facts and analysis and stayed above ridicule. For the sake of our community, I would encourage you to do the same.
    Also the aoe taunt in pve...well if I am tanking a boss pulling all the adds just drops my shield bar faster and pulls the adds so they circle up around me forcing me to take more damage and then the cleric in the party has to spam heals to keep me alive and therefor pulls additional aggro. What happens then is that the boss as well as the adds focus on the cleric and a party can wipe when that happens. Why not just let the adds go since like you said they were fairly simple to manage?

What's the old proverb? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? There's wisdom there... but when things go wrong (and they always do), you really want and need that pound of cure. 100% prevention doesn't work, you need to have something to fall back on when things go to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. And just because you taunt a lot of things for 6 seconds doesn't necessarily mean you have to block every single incoming attack. You have another reactive ability, in the healing potion, that you can use to soak some of that damage. Obviously you want to keep an eye on the boss, still, and block everything appropriate there, but beyond the big things to block you can tide of iron to recover any block meter lost and cleave.

With aggro being loopy in BW3 we all had to search for systems/methods that worked for us. What worked for me involved running charge, enforced threat, and a rotating third encounter ability. I had no problems holding threat, staying alive, keeping my bar up, keeping things off the cleric in emergency situations, and rapidly beating instances. You had a different system - that's good. We don't all have to play 1 way to get the job done. Seems like a good situation to me.
    A Guardian Fighter Blog:

guardianfighter.com
  • Options
    stevenonce08stevenonce08 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I plan to play a Guardian Fighter as an alt to my archer (It's coming one day, I tell you! :P) But I've added this site, it looks awesome and I'm excited to see more theorycrafting!
  • Options
    vexfirevexfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thanks for the site, ill be reading it over and cant wait to get playing his weekend
  • Options
    ben1979ben1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please count me in as well, that is such a great Idea that we should make a guild of all Guardian Fighters who do play this class to protect their teammates best they can instead of playin solo!
    I really appreciate that you are building this site about building Guardian Fighters, I was already looking for more information about them and now I found you!^^
  • Options
    pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for this, greatly appreciated...Added to favorites!
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    A great site and guide indeed.
    Please keep up the good work!
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    aderewaderew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know that the GF can't make the difference in arenas but since i will start with a half-orc gf is there any guide on what skills/feats to choose if you want to play more PvP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think you're right at saying GF can't make the difference in arenas. Remember this is not a game with instant kills like many others (although we didn't check the late game on it) and GF has a reasonable damage and incredible defensive attributes.
  • Options
    archwardenarchwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    In every well designed arena a tank will be as viable as the next dos/healer or controller.
    Availiable for hire for T1/T2 DD at Mindflayer (european gmts):
    Gaurwulf - GF, hybrid tank/dps, GS 12.5k
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanx for the site dude. I played a dwarf gf during bw4 and loved it. Im probably gonna switch to half orc( I like the look better). But the class was the funnest to play.
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Very nice :)
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    canidkcanidk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not having tried Neverwinter at all yet, I am currently thinking about what type of class I would like to start with in open beta. GF is definately up there as a potential, as I like tanking in dungeons. However since I know that I'll be running a lot solo when questing and when doing foundry, I was wondering if any of you could shed some light into the viability of a tank specced GF when soloing. My experience is that ofcourse he can do it do to his high survivability, but I really don't care for 5 minute long fights on every trash pack.
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    canidk wrote: »
    Not having tried Neverwinter at all yet, I am currently thinking about what type of class I would like to start with in open beta. GF is definately up there as a potential, as I like tanking in dungeons. However since I know that I'll be running a lot solo when questing and when doing foundry, I was wondering if any of you could shed some light into the viability of a tank specced GF when soloing. My experience is that ofcourse he can do it do to his high survivability, but I really don't care for 5 minute long fights on every trash pack.

A good striker companion (or mate) helps to reduce kill time. You also will have a couple of encounter and daily powers available to you that are high dps you could use while solo instead of your tank/cc ones to speed up the fights as well. Even tho you spec tank, you will still have access to dps powers.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    A good striker companion (or mate) helps to reduce kill time. You also will have a couple of encounter and daily powers available to you that are high dps you could use while solo instead of your tank/cc ones to speed up the fights as well. Even tho you spec tank, you will still have access to dps powers.

Cheers!

Sounds good, love the look of the GF and always preferred tanking in older MMOs. Sounds like GF is the way to go for me then. Thank you for the response.
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    I am having a hard time deciding between human or dwarf race for a Guardian Fighter. Could anybody help me make a descision? I am leaning towards dwarf for the racials but the human 3% defence and feats do sound very powerful for a tank.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ya but dwarf is awesomer than a human. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    decubis wrote: »
    I am having a hard time deciding between human or dwarf race for a Guardian Fighter. Could anybody help me make a descision? I am leaning towards dwarf for the racials but the human 3% defence and feats do sound very powerful for a tank.

I'll end up with the race I prefer based on looks, and that depends on the character creation tool. If you think min/max'ing I agree dwarf is probably a bit better as all the racials are beneficial to GFs, but taking humans +defense and +2 feat points into account the difference is really small and looking at end game content I have a hard time seeing that +2 attribute points matter that much.
  • Options
    warcry41warcry41 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    canidk wrote: »
    If you think min/max'ing I agree dwarf is probably a bit better as all the racials are beneficial to GFs, but taking humans +defense and +2 feat points into account the difference is really small and looking at end game content I have a hard time seeing that +2 attribute points matter that much.

+3 feat points, big difference. This is the reason I am selecting Human over Dwarf. +3 feat points and +3% defense is hard to pass up. (From testing, Stand Your Ground works 5% of the time. No idea on the Dot Resist precentage.) To me that does not compare to a potential +9% maximum hit points that are persistent for example.) This is strictly from a min-maxing standpoint. Each person should play the race they enjoy the most and I enjoy Humans and Dwarves mainly.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, +3% Defense increases your DR by 0,75% according to people in forum and +2 CON from Dwarf will give you +4% HP, +1% DR and +2% AP.
  • Options
    warcry41warcry41 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will be placing +2 on Con as well and forgoing the +2 on Strength that a Dwarf will get.