test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Crash issues: DEV PLEASE HELP

sarnokhsarnokh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ok, I know some people have no crashes, while I, like others, have too many crashes. Sometimes I can play up to one hour and then crash, and other times I have crashes every few minutes.

About 80% of the crashes are in zoning and in dialogue. But recently I also got crashes just so in the game. As much as I like Neverwinter, it makes playing impossible. I know it's beta, but since Cryptic games like CO and STO have always been super stable for me, I am really taken by surprise and I would REALLY want some GM/DEV or official look into the patterns for Crashers.

Can please all people who have crashes write WHEN they crash and what computer specs they have? So we get info about it together.

I am running the game on a Windows XP, SP3 computer.
NVidia GTX560 - Driver Version 314.7
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Intel Core2 2.3 GHz
4 GB RAM
Using Kaspersky Internet protection

PLEASE look into this, devs! ^^
Post edited by sarnokh on

Comments

• sarnokhsarnokh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe I should add I already bought the game for 60 Euro.
  • zemn3szemn3s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issues myself. It seems like every 30 minutes my game crashes and it becomes impossible to not get frustrated. It happens during dialogue, running around, loading, dungeons, events; Just about anything you can think of.
    I have bought the $60 game and rather enjoy what i CAN play, but i can't imagine playing this game upon release if it's still like this.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I get SERVER NOT RESPONDING every 5 min and every other time it kick me off. I didn't pay $200 to want to smash my computer because of this game.
    Other than that though I really like the game even though because of the technical issues I feel like ive hardly got to play.
  • darrichhadarrichha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I see crashes sometimes too.
    Todays crashes: one on a transition, and one during a fight.
  • vlaknhavlaknha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am getting the same server not responding message. I have flush my dns, open ports for the game, disconnect my router, and so on. I have taken all the approaches i can think of even troubleshooting with ISP. I have tried other MMO's and this is the only one with this problem. The worst thing is I have submitted 6 reports and no response. I hope this is fix for next beta. Since I doubt it will get fix today.
  • sarnokhsarnokh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Additional note. So far I crash ONLY in the open world, never in the instances when I am alone.
  • kokane42kokane42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    on launch i didnt crash at all...after the patch i crashed in everyway..talking looking around standing idle, loading screens, looting..if just happens to much...i bought both packs, and well i dont think i got $260 worth this beta testing weekend.
  • cullodenculloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I too was crashing randomly and very often, doesnt matter what im doing.

Im running:
    Windows XP - SP3
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+
    2558MB DDR2 RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 1024.0 MB (driver version 314.07(2-9-2013))
    1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    looks like then 2core cpus crash game ,my bro also have crashing problem and he have 2core cpu ,while i never crash whit my 4core cpu pc
  • reapwhatusowreapwhatusow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Guess.....windows xp might be the problem here.
    My gf and me were both playing on xp and had hourly random crashes going on and on during the weekend...
    Sometime ago i had win7 installed on a second partition (because of Xcom, which didn't run on xp that time),
    so i just tried switching the OS and voila, no crashes for me anymore. Seems like i will have to do the same procedure
    on her pc for the next weekend, so we may both enjoy some continous fun ;-)
  • grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited March 2013
    It sounds strange but I almost always crash out and have my modem reset when I try to join a party. Or invite a party.
  • babizokahbabizokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i had tons of crash today, like 5 already, its really annoying.

Edit : well after a few more crashes, it's really making the game unplayable for me, specially since i play with friends and its not fun making them wait everytime i crash. Now i can't even login back. I actually liked the game, better than what i expected, but crashing like this, hopefully it will be fixed, if not, well, i won't cry over it.
  • lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Never had this problem with CO or STO. I crash when I'm zoning, in a dungeon, skirmishish or a foundry mission. realllllly irking me too. I know its not my net connection or my computer. Can we please get some input on this plz?
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • pr1m3valpr1m3val Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i get random crashes too. i've tried changing pretty much every option in game and it doesn't seem to make a difference. someone said it might be a heat issue. i've got dual monitors and i have hw monitor pulled up on the 2nd screen, my cpu and gpu are both water cooled and never get/got above 39*c which is well well below they're max. nothing is overclocked, all drivers and operating system up to date, antivirus and antimalware ran regularly. nothing else gives me issues.

amd ph II x4
    nvidia gtx 580
    4gig ddr3
    win 7 ult x64
  • mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Had a few random crashes today, none last weekend.

Crashed loading blacklake skirmish and now I login to a crash (Blacklake) O.o
  • sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Never had any crashes before today, having been in both prior Beta Weekends. Now, I'm crashing while moving in the overworld, crashing while standing still but turning to look in another direction, and even crashing when doing absolutely nothing at all.
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • pr1m3valpr1m3val Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this is ridiculous.

everything set to max: crashes
    everything set to default: crashes
    everything set to lowest: crashes

before i got into the beta i was planning on buying a founder's pack if everything went well. last beta weekend, fri and sat the game ran fine, then sunday it all went to hell. random crashes constantly. same system, no changes, but it starts crashing constantly. pretty much shot to hell my plans of buying a founder's pack.

can't find bugs for you if i can't even stay in the game.
  • ssarlssarl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Got a lot of crashes today also, both zoning in, looking into character window, doing invocations and dialogues.
    Last beta weekend I had none, zero. This weekend I got around 20-30 so far in around 9 hours of game time.

I get the server not responding and then get kicked to login screen. If I am in a party the audio still works and I can continue to talk to the party members.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I've been having this exact issue since BW2. If the problem is Windows XP then it needs to be fixed. (Yes I can run Vista, 7 and even 8 - but I *prefer* XP).

Average is about 1 hour until crash (memory leak?) - sometimes about 30-minutes, but average is an hour. Based on the type of symptoms it seriously looks like some kind of memory leak. Granted: it's not easy for the Devs to to have to work with four different OS versions (XP through 8) - so I forgive this issue... for now. :)

But in any case - it *needs* to be fixed before launch.
  • chev1934chev1934 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    seems i am not the only one getting crashes seems it does not matter what i am doing it will crash often got a few hrs into game and then after that seems like its every 10 mins or so,also often times disconnects me from log in server when i first try to log back in
  • babizokahbabizokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i guess nobody found a fix yet. With a day of beta already lost because of crash, i assume this won't be solved soon since no word form Devs was given about this issue... i hope at least that by open beta this will be no longer a problem so i can actually play with my friends.
  • panzer52panzer52 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I Also use Xp and get constant crashes with time varying from soon as i log in to a hour or so.. the only thing that makes me feel better is i haven't droped a cent for this terribad BETA game... PWE and cryptic shouldn't even be asking for money for founder packs till they get major problems like this fixed to begin with.
  • akaso11akaso11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Random crashes anywhere anytime. In group, outta group, zoning, standing still... makes no difference.

Running Windows XP service pack 3, Intel duo 3GHz, and 3 G RAM. Nothing flashy I know but well within requirements. It runs Mech Warrior Online Beta flawlessly. Constant crashes and logging back into a different area than your group , or being sent to the zone start point is a serious pain.
  • miokimioki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeh,seems win XP sp3 have some serious issues with this game causing random crash after ~20 min to 1 hr of playing.The fun thing is ...this issue was present at BW2 aswell and so far nothing has changed [it looks like some mem leak problem or just bad coding].3rd beta is about to end..maybe its time to fix things up before open beta ? Btw.any option changes ..from lowest to highest does nothing...in requirements u should remove XP system compatibility just because of that,to not mislead ppl.
  • rxxcrxxc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am crashign frequently as well. I thought maybe it was because of my Nvidia card but maybe it has something to do with me using Win XP: SP3?
  • brainsoupbrainsoup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sarnokh wrote: »
    Ok, I know some people have no crashes, while I, like others, have too many crashes. Sometimes I can play up to one hour and then crash, and other times I have crashes every few minutes.

About 80% of the crashes are in zoning and in dialogue. But recently I also got crashes just so in the game. As much as I like Neverwinter, it makes playing impossible. I know it's beta, but since Cryptic games like CO and STO have always been super stable for me, I am really taken by surprise and I would REALLY want some GM/DEV or official look into the patterns for Crashers.

Can please all people who have crashes write WHEN they crash and what computer specs they have? So we get info about it together.

I am running the game on a Windows XP, SP3 computer.
    NVidia GTX560 - Driver Version 314.7
    Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
    Intel Core2 2.3 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Using Kaspersky Internet protection

PLEASE look into this, devs! ^^

random crashes for me to usually every 10/20 minutes. I think its less frequent if I turn the settings down but still get them. windows xp sp3 dual core nividia 8800 card
  • olanaolana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Sadly it's the same for me when I am on my normal pc with windows xp sp 3, my laptop is running windows 7 and no problems at all.
  • joypadgamerjoypadgamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Had my fair share of crashes today - at least 4. Some of them began with screen stuttering (fps drop to the point of watching pictures switching instead of gameplay).

I used the submit bug tool.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is definitely a major issue. I'm going to be detailed with my suspicions because I will crosspost this reply and link to this thread to a portion of the forums I *know* the developers are following (they may have seen this thread - but this is serious enough it need s a crosspost).

It is definitely a memory issue. Based on everything in this thread it appears to be the newest version of nVidia display drivers, and specifically the portion of drivers for Windows XP, SP3. (I have a DC AMD with nVidia 9800GT). Whether it's a memory leak or a bad address call, I don't know. But the symptoms for hang-up are definitely memory-related.

Developers:

Beta Weekend 1 I did not have this problem whatsoever (GPU overheating aside).
    Beta Weekend 2 is when this started happening for me - immediately on the first hour of play.
    Beta Weekend 3 is status quo - no change in affect or symptoms.

Based on this thread - it appears to be Windows XP systems with nVidea card/drivers.

NOTE: BW1 occurred Feb 8,9,10; BW2 was March 8, 9, 10. However, nVidia updated their drivers Feb 18.

I cannot speak for anyone else in the thread, but I have learned over the years from constant support from gaming developers to "always use the most current version of graphic drivers". So as a good customer: I updated. Unfortunately, there is no way (I am aware of) to re-obtain the previous drivers to test.

Please see this thread if you haven;t already: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?76511-The-Crash-issues-DEV-PLEASE-HELP
  • olanaolana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I used an older version (from january), it was crashing all the same. You can find some older drivers at the nvidia homepage at beta&legacy drivers.