test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HUD Fail?!

winstoncola1winstoncola1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I dont know is this right thread to post in, but, im having some hub issues. As you can see, i dont have exp progress in exp bar, no hp bar and also (idk whats it called) that thing when it fills up you can use your special abilities. And i cant see monsters hp bar.

hudfail.jpg

NW3_1.jpg

Difference.

I've been login in and out, restarting my pc but it seems it cant be fixed. Any ideas what could i do to fix it?

(sorry for my poor english)
Post edited by winstoncola1 on

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nice catch!

p.s. It is HUD not hub. It is an abbreviation for Heads Up Display. You may need to edit your post to reflect the correct title so devs can grasp the meaning properly with one word. I though Hub meant some kind of internet related issue (internet hub).
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Close out the game. Then load the launcher and click Options then check mark Force Verify. This will have the game re-scan its assets for any inconsistencies and errors. Then log back in and check to see if that resolved it.

If that doesn't fix it, then try logging back out closing the game and then on the launcher options, check mark "Disable On-Demand Patching." Then let the launcher patch the full game client. Note, if you do this latter, you will download the entire game client and not just what the game thinks you need to run a particular zone.

Please report back if either method fixes it or not.

Another thing to try is to switch between the DirectX choices you may have, if you have multiple (which is in Advanced Video Options, Troubleshooting).

I fixed the subject of the thread.
  • winstoncola1winstoncola1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, HUD, my bad. I typed fast.

So, i did that "Disable On-Demand Patching" and now it seem to be re-downloading game but it says "patching". After it finishes it, imma be back to report was it fixed or not. Thank you d00d ^^
  • winstoncola1winstoncola1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    I did all of those above you sad

fixed.jpg

U DA MAN, BRO! thank u so much for helping me! ^^
  • riuszkariuszka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have same problem with HUD but steps in this thread changed nothing.
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited March 2013
    You may want to check if you have the newest drivers.

You may also want to check some of the graphics options. Like with my system I noticed horrible twitchy block shaped stuff. I found that they were related to Anti-Aliasing and by turning that off everything was fixed.
  • xanderkeilxanderkeil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone resolved this issue yet? I tried all the steps and none of them helped...
  • texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am currently working through Step 1 of the recommendations. I will report back.

I am now on to Step 2.
  • brigis14brigis14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Got the same issue and testing out those steps right now.. will post results
  • brigis14brigis14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Step 1 didnt work
    working on step 2
  • sybeetsybeet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did the all of the recommended, and it worked! Thank you!

I started by doing the force verify part, logged out, and when I logged in, I went to my Troubleshooting/Advanced and switched the graphics card choice to "beta". I restarted, but it didn't work. I then did the "disable on demand" and now I can see my HP!

Thank you!
  • deloranddelorand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did all the steps that they asked for, still getting the D3DERR_INVALIDCALL error message on login, and still missing elements of the HUD. According to the AMD page i have the latest video card driver (10-02) what supports my card (Mobility x1600). Any thoughts?
  • paulooooooopaulooooooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Followed the steps reccomended...Did not work with me. More ideas?
  • abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Everyone who is unable to fix this problem, please say so and post your graphics card in this thread, so the developers can more easily see all the feedback on it.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    abaddonxk wrote: »
    Everyone who is unable to fix this problem, please say so and post your graphics card in this thread, so the developers can more easily see all the feedback on it.
    Closed, please use the thread linked in the quote above. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.