test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

R.A Salvatore's new book out today! "Dont miss the shocking finale to The NeverWinter

purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in Art and Fiction
I just thought I would let everyone that either forgot or didn't know that R.A Salvatore's new book came out today. Its
called "The Last Threshold" The Neverwinter Saga Book IV " Don't miss the shocking finale to The Neverwinter Saga" (says that on back of book).
I just picked up mine and am going to start reading as soon as I get off here. I wish I was close enough to PAX to go and see R.A and have him sign my book! but its a little to far from Indy for me to drive. For those of you that do make it to PAX let me know how it went. I've never met R.A ,but from his imagination from his books I imagine he's a very creative nice guy.
So, PLEASE let me know how it went.
If it wasn't for his books I would probably still be addicted to heroin. It made things so much easier to go to faerun instead of focusing on misery and hell. 7 yrs clean

Anyways, GO BUY THE BOOK!
Post edited by purpleorbes on

Comments

• Options
    thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2013
    I might have to give this series a read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    It is a great series so far, I don't know you but if your into this game you should def be into the books if you give em a try.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah they are great got to wait till tommorrow. Making our trip to civilzation tommorrow for some other stuff.

Edit: Gratz being 7 years clean man!!!
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Waiting for the ups man to drop off my copy.
    btw avoid The Tome Show podcast interview if you don't want a big spoiler.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Yeah they are great got to wait till tommorrow. Making our trip to civilzation tommorrow for some other stuff.

Edit: Gratz being 7 years clean man!!!

Thank you. It was very tough but you have to do what you have to do.
  • Options
    seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    There's a book IV? Didn't know that. I'm still slogging through book II.

(OT to the OP - congrats!!!!)
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Well apparently he doesn't die seeing as how he, and Gwen show up in another novel this October.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well apparently he doesn't die seeing as how he, and Gwen show up in another novel this October.

What book is coming out this October??? I was surprised this book was released today and not in October when they usually released his other books.
  • Options
    kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    argoylet wrote: »
    Waiting for the ups man to drop off my copy.
    Ditto. Oh Mr. Mailman, please come already!
    There's a book IV? Didn't know that. I'm still slogging through book II.
    How on earth can you "slog" through it! It takes me ~2 fun-filled days for each of his books that I've read (only to feel veeeeeery empty immediately after, wanting more, More, MORE!) :p
  • Options
    sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just thought I would let everyone that either forgot or didn't know that R.A Salvatore's new book came out today. Its
    called "The Last Threshold" The Neverwinter Saga Book IV " Don't miss the shocking finale to The Neverwinter Saga" (says that on back of book).
    I just picked up mine and am going to start reading as soon as I get off here. I wish I was close enough to PAX to go and see R.A and have him sign my book! but its a little to far from Indy for me to drive. For those of you that do make it to PAX let me know how it went. I've never met R.A ,but from his imagination from his books I imagine he's a very creative nice guy.
    So, PLEASE let me know how it went.
    If it wasn't for his books I would probably still be addicted to heroin. It made things so much easier to go to faerun instead of focusing on misery and hell. 7 yrs clean

Anyways, GO BUY THE BOOK!

Congrats on being 7 years clean.. My mother in law was hooked on heroin.. Nasty stuff what that stuff does to ya and makes ya do to get it.. So CONGRATS ON YOUR 7 YEARS CLEAN!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xeiken1xeiken1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh yeah, got the whole saga already and will read it for sure!
  • Options
    sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What book is coming out this October??? I was surprised this book was released today and not in October when they usually released his other books.

As far as getting clean, I was working on it 7-8 years ago when the cops did a undercover sting on me and my old lady. Heroin addicts need heroin and someone offered to buy us one to get them some and I was at work so my old lady did it. I got home from work and my old lady and infant son weren't there and next thing I know swat and 20 other cop cars come blasting in my drive way and raided my house. They brought in my old lady and my son and I guess I got mouthy and they beat the **** out of me in front of them. When I got out of jail I lost my house and everything I owned, They even took my son away for a couple of weeks. So getting clean was a must. We live at my parents now. It sucks but its better than how it was, looking for dope 24/7.

Yeah! i totally understand my mother in law gave my wife and her brother to her folks and went out on the street and started hooking it.. Man she even slammed in her eyes. She was nasty lookin too.. But she moved away from southern cali with us to Minnesota started getting clean.. Now she has her own place a husband and adopted 2 small boys,, So she pulled it off.. At times i thought she was gonna die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

The next book is The Companions in August. It's the first installment of the multi-author Sundering series.
  • Options
    armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm starting from the very beginning at Homeland. I cannot wait to read them all!
  • Options
    winterclaritywinterclarity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Does Drizzt die? Because that can be the only redeeming factor of yet another Drizzt novel.

Edit:

:/
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013

This October? Not entirely accurate. Proof.
    He really has been chugging out the books this year haha.

I am only in like the fourth or fifth chapter (hard to tell on a kindle app) but for those who are tired of the moping directionless Drizzt he finally goes away within the first chapter or two of the book. There was a scene where I was reading where I almost blurted "FINALLY!" out loud haha.

Sorry if you find that to be a spoiler, I assure you it's at the very start of the book, but for those who are hesitant to continue with the sotry due to the emotional rollercoaster ride it is better in this book thus far. I love the novels and look forward to reading every one but **** have I missed the Pre-Gauntelgrym/Ghost King Drizzt. He's still not 100% but he's much better than what he was thus far.
  • Options
    seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kfmc wrote: »
    Ditto. Oh Mr. Mailman, please come already!

How on earth can you "slog" through it! It takes me ~2 fun-filled days for each of his books that I've read (only to feel veeeeeery empty immediately after, wanting more, More, MORE!) :p

Errrrgh! It's taken me over a year to start reading R. A.'s works from the beginning and absorb all things Drizzt. From the beginning. My tiny li'l brain can only absorb so much :) So, nowadays, I take my kindle with me to the toidy and read slowly.

Truthfully? I'm kinda getting a bit bored with the combat sequences. Hack, slash, chop, spin, whirl, dodge, yada yada. Since *cough cough* has disappeared from the material plane, there ain't much but combat sequences and a little way-out characters in the plot. Yeah, to me it's a slog. But, I will soldier on with it.
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Waiting for mine to come by mail as well! I am a bit bummed he didn't come to LA as part of his tour but perhaps August with his other book coming out this year. I have a stack of 1st editions for him to sign!

Jade
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a bit over halfway done with Gauntlgrym. I've got a way to go.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So, my copy of the book arrived yesterday, and I finished reading it today, and I can't stop thinking about it!

Must . Discuss. The. Story.
  • Options
    liaratsoni84liaratsoni84 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, my copy of the book arrived yesterday, and I finished reading it today, and I can't stop thinking about it!

Must . Discuss. The. Story.

I'm in the same situation. I really did not expect the plot of this one! My jaw dropped, is all I can say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I feel the itch of making a separate, spoiler-filled thread just to talk about events in the book with someone!
  • Options
    liaratsoni84liaratsoni84 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I feel the itch of making a separate, spoiler-filled thread just to talk about events in the book with someone!

Do it!! I wanna talk about it too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]