test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exemplifying D&D in Neverwinter

13»

Comments

• uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    if you guys go on to twitch and watch none of these streamers r enjoying the lore they just rush lvl to 60 then gear grind
    and go pvp? so wat make s this game diff from other mmo?NOTHING
    coz i dun need to know wats the quest is abt i have those shinning pixies powder on the ground to guide me
    if the dev just create a **** on devil quest the players would do it and not knowing it
    first wats the point of having a mmo next gen DnD theme may as well be a mickey mouse theme mmo and it makes no diff to the kids out there
    DnD is lost in this mmo
    the so call skill tree and feats
    trust me once open beta start ppl can lv up till 60 in 2-3 days and hey everyone is the same
    my GF TR DC or watever is the same as the guy running next to me well maybe he look diff but we use the same skill
    deal the same damage just cosmetic even cosmetic is limited
    pvp in dnd huh? y would i want to kill each other when its abt adventuring in the wide world of Forgotten realms
    overcoming advesty with my sturdy companions/party no we just zerg the dungeons leaving party member behind to fend for themselves and just out dps the boss run ard and squeal till i can drink my potions when im low in health
    WOW can just do a major cosmetic change to their character and pull as a DnD mmo as well
    earns points to exchange gear? and my gear is the same as the guy next to me
    wheres the randomize stats on gear?
    I pray to gods so i can/hope for astral diamonds
    Gods dun work this way in FR no diff for worshipping diff gods everyone is same whether you pray to mystra or tempus
    pray to get diamonds??? hourly?? do we need to make appt with the god?

CRYPTIC YOU SCREW UP BIG TIME
    Big step for them to change it else i see this game life max 6mth and players will be bored
    the most simple dnd aspect they cant even provide and that is selection of weapons
    we dun even have to talk abt the rest more indepth characteristic of dnd
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Well, seeing so many posts in this old thread was quite a shock. I'm glad to see there are still a bunch of you who agree with the ideas brought forth :D

Before I rush off to review some other threads I'll hit on a few key points that were brought up in the recent posts.

First, alternate weapons aren't in now but are coming. Som and Pin confirmed this in a Live-stream they did for BW4 I believe.
    So we'll hopefully see that sooner rather than later.

The power system has already gotten a heavy work-around since I posted this BTW.

But I do agree the Non-Combat skills is where the bread and butter of this thread is at. :D