test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PrimetimeUGC - Episode 20 feat. Interview with Neverwinter Lead Designer, and EP

cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We're delighted to announce the release of PrimetimeUGC Episode 20 featuring an interview with Neverwinter's Lead Designer Zeke Sparkes and Rob Overmeyer (Cryptic Executive Producer).

-We've also got your usual dose of-

The News presented by Castmodean Link
Kirkfat's Foundry Essentials Tutorial Link
Neverwinter Developer Interview Link
A Review of "Finding Lascaux" by gulberat Link
And a Review of "Return to Armageddon" by Bluedarky Link
Published in Primetime Link

Show Link Here

PrimetimeUGC is, as the name might suggest, a Video Podcast devoted to User Generated Content in Star Trek Online and now Neverwinter, in addition to being the Only Podcast made almost entirely inside the Foundry itself!

With episodes every two weeks, we strive to bring our viewers high quality Tutorials from foundry masters, Developer Interviews, News and Reviews of missions submitted to us. We also try to interview the Authors of the foundry Missions we review.

Make sure to check out TavernUGC.com as well.

Hope you all enjoy

Cerberusfilms

Post edited by cerberusfilms on

Comments

• Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought Craig is Executive Producer. When he came on the NOCS with CrypticMapolis(Mike) and the Squez(Andy), I was co-hosting the episode so I do remember.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought Craig is Executive Producer. When he came on the NOCS with CrypticMapolis(Mike) and the Squez(Andy), I was co-hosting the episode so I do remember.

It is my understanding that Rob Overmeyer is Executive Producer of UGC(or something similar) and that Craig is Executive Producer of all of Cryptic(and COO.)
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    It is my understanding that Rob Overmeyer is Executive Producer of UGC(or something similar) and that Craig is Executive Producer of all of Cryptic(and COO.)

Shaudius is correct, Rob is an Executive Producer at Cryptic (EP Of Champions, and in charge of UGC)
    :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok... cool

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This was a great interview. Thanks a lot for sharing this with us!

And hey, Rob was talking about how he wanted more people in the Foundry test. I'm planning to do a lot of Foundry authoring, and I'd be happy to get in there and start testing and giving feedback. So feel free to send me an invite!
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to get into the foundry beta and start testing it out.
    To prove my dedication

It's frankly the only that has been on my mind for the last many months. The rest of Neverwinter? Whats that? Though this was The Foundy Online! So excited.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I heard them say "if you know anyone who wants to get into the alpha foundry testing let us know"

I'm letting you and them know, I would love to. I have an abundance of free time to test, create and push the limits of the foundry.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I myself would like to be in Foundry Alpha to make quests/campaigns in my freetime

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I would love to get into the foundry beta and start testing it out.
    To prove my dedication

I've gotta say, this guy deserves to get into the Foundry test.
  • Options
    aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I heard them say "if you know anyone who wants to get into the alpha foundry testing let us know"

I'm letting you and them know, I would love to. I have an abundance of free time to test, create and push the limits of the foundry.

Same here, I would love to get into the Foundry alpha testing.
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • Options
    varnavarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure a lot of people will ask, but I would looove to participate in the Foundry Alpha testing-- I'm pretty excited for Neverwinter in general but I mostly find myself thinking about cool ideas to try in the Foundry.

If any of the powers that be are reading this thread, I'd relish an opportunity to get in there and break stuff, offer feedback, build more things for the Beta Weekend testers to break, and so on.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please sign me up, if there's room for Foundry testing. I've been in beta, but what I really want to do is make some adventures.
  • Options
    zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If this is now the 'I want in for Foundry alpha testing' thread, sign me up too!

I'm a "proven" COH MA author with over 3 years of experience, and a lot of work / practical experience in the area of how rating systems in MMO UGC systems work in reality... or more specifically, DON'T work. Also a MUD builder from way-back-when, if that counts. ;)
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've gotta say, this guy deserves to get into the Foundry test.
    If only it was that easy.
    To get back OT, this is actually only the second PrimtimeUCG episode I have seen. I think I saw one of the first ones way back when I still played STO. This is great stuff. Watching the dev interview, i could not stop at laughing Rob's avatar.

Great work guys.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Will you guys who do this podcast be reviewing Neverwinter Foundry missions on your show as well, like you do the reviews for STO missions? If so, I'll definitely be interested in watching those.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're delighted to announce the release of PrimetimeUGC Episode 20

Great SHOW BOYS!

If you guys want to go down in history, I highly recommend a small series of episodes dedicated to Neverwinter Foundry tutorials... beginning with clicking on the Foundry button at startup.

Tutorials such as: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.

Nothing more valuable to the nwo community I can think of.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Will you guys who do this podcast be reviewing Neverwinter Foundry missions on your show as well, like you do the reviews for STO missions? If so, I'll definitely be interested in watching those.

We definitely intend to!

Hopefully each episode we'll have an STO and an NW review. We may be looking for more people to come on board to help us handle both games. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Great SHOW BOYS!

If you guys want to go down in history, I highly recommend a small series of episodes dedicated to Neverwinter Foundry tutorials... beginning with clicking on the Foundry button at startup.

Tutorials such as: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.

Nothing more valuable to the nwo community I can think of.

Yeah, we've been planning to do it.
    As soon as we get the green light on the NDA, look forward to tutorials! (TavernUGC.com will be the place to check out)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We definitely intend to!

Hopefully each episode we'll have an STO and an NW review. We may be looking for more people to come on board to help us handle both games. :)

Well Im well known on the forums, have lots of free time, and am interested in Foundry.(If it came between being on yall and an episode of the NOCS though, I would be on NOCS,(though Im sure the time difference would keep that from happening) so keep that in mind if you throw me in the hat) and the fact that Im American and not British so time zone difference in mind, but seriously if you could get him on Zebular would be best for it I think, but I have more time and am willing to come on stuff like this more often

Also if you need to get permission to not be under NDA, just ask the The Awesome guys Craig and Squez. Whenever I have problems with PR(constant problems) I tell them and they try to help. They are really cool dudes and seem to care about the community.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riko007riko007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zaphtastic wrote: »
    If this is now the 'I want in for Foundry alpha testing' thread, sign me up too!

I'm a "proven" COH MA author with over 3 years of experience, and a lot of work / practical experience in the area of how rating systems in MMO UGC systems work in reality... or more specifically, DON'T work. Also a MUD builder from way-back-when, if that counts. ;)

I'll hop on the bandwagon of hopefuls. I'm more interested in testing the Foundry toolkit than playing the actual game :)
  • Options
    astralechoastralecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great interview guys! Some really good nuggets of information in there, I know it helped to answer a few of my questions.

I'd love to volunteer myself for alpha testing as well. I'm a hobbyist game designer / programmer with roots in Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. I haven't worked with STO's foundry yet, but I spent a good deal of time in the Ryzom Ring experimenting and seeing just how much could be accomplished with a limited toolset. If Cryptic needs someone who can push the boundaries of a system and find creative solutions to seemingly-impossible tasks, I'm your man! ;)
    astralsig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitment