test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats Your ISP

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Off Topic
Ok So I know I need to do something about my net. So I am asking you guys to tell me your ISP, what speed you are paying for, and posting a image of the speed you get from speedtest.net.

Here is mine

ISP: Windstream

What I pay for: 12Mb down 1Mb up

My speedest
2525342423.png
yesterday I was getting .75 down

I remember my days of WoW I got at least 10Mb/s and that was with people on Netflix, and searching the web.
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's not all your ISP, it's sometimes how far away you are from the transmitter.

I'm paying for 16MB and I get 2525371273.png.

On top of that I rarely see +500KB/S downloads.

I'm with Sky.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    It's not all your ISP, it's sometimes how far away you are from the transmitter.

I'm paying for 16MB and I get 2525371273.png.

On top of that I rarely see +500KB/S downloads.

I'm with Sky.

Like Ive said though I was getting nearly full speed before, and now its dwindling down to nothing.

My town/ city is like 7 miles x 7miles, and I know we have at least 2 or 3 of the building they house there "stuff" in within .5 miles

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2.92 down and .95 up

All I have is *basic* time warner roadrunner cable internet.
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Death, are you using a cabel service? Or are you useing a phone DSL service. Have to presume cabel since you say you are paying for 16meg DL, but not sure since you say you live with in half a mile of your providers head end. At any rate if any of you are useing a cabel service, and are getting less than alf of yourpaid for service speed, it's time to call out a cabel tech. And I realy hate saying that, since i used to be a cabel tech. You need to make sure all the connectors from the pole, or ped, to your modem are in good shape, that all the copper on the "stinger" is brite and shiny. And that there are no squirrel chews on the wires. Gotta love squirels, especially in a stew. But to be a bit fair, there are a ton of reasons why you speeds may be getting slower, but it never hurts to have the techs come out and check things out. One simple thing you can do is simply power down your modem for about 2 minutes and then boot it back up. Just remember, if you have a seperate router as well, to power down both modem and router. Then boot up one at a time, starting with the modem, then the router once the modem is fully restarted. Both those devices have internal memory caches that tend to get overfilled and then start slowing down their devices. So turning then off for 2 mins or more resets and clears their memory banks. May not do anything, but is worth a shot at least.
    edited February 2013
    ghosty2a wrote: »
    Death, are you using a cabel service? Or are you useing a phone DSL service. Have to presume cabel since you say you are paying for 16meg DL, but not sure since you say you live with in half a mile of your providers head end. At any rate if any of you are useing a cabel service, and are getting less than alf of yourpaid for service speed, it's time to call out a cabel tech. And I realy hate saying that, since i used to be a cabel tech. You need to make sure all the connectors from the pole, or ped, to your modem are in good shape, that all the copper on the "stinger" is brite and shiny. And that there are no squirrel chews on the wires. Gotta love squirels, especially in a stew. But to be a bit fair, there are a ton of reasons why you speeds may be getting slower, but it never hurts to have the techs come out and check things out. One simple thing you can do is simply power down your modem for about 2 minutes and then boot it back up. Just remember, if you have a seperate router as well, to power down both modem and router. Then boot up one at a time, starting with the modem, then the router once the modem is fully restarted. Both those devices have internal memory caches that tend to get overfilled and then start slowing down their devices. So turning then off for 2 mins or more resets and clears their memory banks. May not do anything, but is worth a shot at least.

Im not sure about the main,but like I said lots of little building things(not sure what they are called) that say Windstream that are full of Electronic stuff(not sure everything they keep in there). Ill try the router thing. If its squirrels tough we have a pellet rifle(hehe (they are good breaded with a little BBQ sauce)) This seems to be a common problem with Windstream though.

Yah I can fix old consoles, but Im not the best at diagnosing Internet issues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited February 2013
    Don't want to post the graphics but will tell you my provider is Comcast.

I'm paying for: 30Mb down/6 Mb up. (I don't really need this much, but it was part of a package deal and I just couldn't resist!)

Right now I'm getting: 25.38 down/ 6.16 up...ping is only 5ms! (better than I expected.)

There are times that it gets bogged down...like when Netflix starts constant buffering. And resetting the modem, then router like ghosty2a suggested, always clears it right up.

A few months ago, a neighbor down the street was having real problems with the same provider, and turned out to be a damaged cable in the outside wiring.
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm paying for 3Mbps download/ .5 upload and my results:

2525815413.png

ISP is AT&T U-verse. This is their $40 per month package. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    well now I got .30 down .24 up 248ms ping

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    Here is my results.
    2525849259.png
    I know. It sucks to be me.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

Are you running that test through a wireless connection or a network router? IF you are, you could try connecting a pc or laptop directly to the modem- then resetting it again. (To make sure that the problem is not within your own network) Just another possibility.
    edited February 2013
    Im not going to out right say where I live, but if you know where they got the beer from in Smoky and the Bandit , you might just maybe know where I live. We dont have a very big town and we dont have many ISPs. We have to usually deal with Windstream or CableOne. Windstream has horrible customer service and never fixes anything, while Cable one has a 50Mbps Down with 2.5 UP(If you have the proper routers and modem you always get at least this speed if not higher.) but CableOne has a 50GB cap.
    So I can try to get it fixed and deal with this or try not to go over with CableOne. I know Comcast is available but I live on the side of town that it isnt available. Other than that Im not sure, we have a couple satellite providers, but they have caps that are even worse. Maybe Ill check out and see if Time Warner or AT&T are available.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • veeiveei Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have FIOSS. I pay $60 a month.

Rigas
    Rigas Crimstone, Officer

"Perfecting the art of being a meatshield since 1998"

Banners of the Light
  • fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2525882216.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    veei wrote: »
    I have FIOSS. I pay $60 a month.

Rigas
    yep not available in my area

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    technician came out today, I am now getting 3.08 down, .64 up and a 91 ms ping

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im not going to out right say where I live, but if you know where they got the beer from in Smoky and the Bandit , you might just maybe know where I live.

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
    We're gonna do what they say can't be done...
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't test mine right now, currently downloading a torrent.

My speeds are 7mbs down .750 up pretty consistently though, I rarely have down time or slow speeds.

I use Embark.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
    We're gonna do what they say can't be done...

Is it sad that not only can I finish that verse and know where Death is, but I can sing the whole song?
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
    edited February 2013
    Funny thing is the Texas side is in Bowie county, and it is a dry county, Arkansas is the side that has the booze(thats the side I live on) You have to drive to Domino,Tx if you want beer sold in Texas.

It is interesting living 3 blocks from the stateline.
    Also shipping companies get confused sometimes due to it being a border city.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Is it sad that not only can I finish that verse and know where Death is, but I can sing the whole song?

I'm still singing it right now.
    :cool:
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Result.

2527617896.png
  • quetumquetum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not really sure what I pay for, but I have Rogers up here in Canada and I've never had a problem with it.

2527630037.png