test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Neverwinter Datamined Info (Race/Class Art and Text)

13»

Comments

• shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    can now be in faerun as a creation of the gnomes in Lantan.
    Or cross dimensional portals. It doesn't mean that they are a "meaningful" faerunian race.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    lemonkingi wrote: »
    Did some digging and found some neat stuff - Beta Weekend 1 Client

Just so you know, that was a violation of the Terms of Service, and could result in permanent closing of your accounts.
  • lemonkingilemonkingi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Just so you know, that was a violation of the Terms of Service, and could result in permanent closing of your accounts.
    Been doing this since City of Heroes.
    Admins even moved this thread from the Beta forums to the public forums. ;)
  • vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great post thanks !
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Warforged are one of those races who could be ported over to the Realms without too much trouble. Just involve the Netherese in some way.
  • razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Warforged are one of those races who could be ported over to the Realms without too much trouble. Just involve the Netherese in some way.

There was a dragon or something that gave the gnomes of Lantan theory behind how to get warforged into the realms. I think the more choices as to races the players get the better. We know the server will have a bazillion drow rangers, so perhaps by offering many more races we can have a couple of unique characters running around.

Me - I want a Deva Swordmage, A shifter Ranger, A tiefling (if we can customize face bone things) hexblade, Storm Genasi Monk, Gnomish Wizard and a Halfling Fighter. Then I need to work on some alts. :p
  • maestro973maestro973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There was a dragon or something that gave the gnomes of Lantan theory behind how to get warforged into the realms. I think the more choices as to races the players get the better. We know the server will have a bazillion drow rangers, so perhaps by offering many more races we can have a couple of unique characters running around.

Me - I want a Deva Swordmage, A shifter Ranger, A tiefling (if we can customize face bone things) hexblade, Storm Genasi Monk, Gnomish Wizard and a Halfling Fighter. Then I need to work on some alts. :p

Sadly I think the least likely of that list is the gnome! The realms haven't been too kind to our tiny friends and they've become minor scenery pieces. Only way I could see Netherese involvement with Warforged working out is if an enemy got desperate and sought a way to push back them back. That being said, there are a TON of races I'd rather see implemented before warforged were even considered.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    There's a lot of lost Netherese bastions out there in Faerun. So who's to say that there isn't a lost citadel filled with them that we can eventually unlock through a quest. Though I wasn't aware of the Gnomes having access to the theory.
  • chaoticgoblinchaoticgoblin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    can now be in faerun as a creation of the gnomes in Lantan.

Hard to believe since Lantan was destroyed and all it's inhabitants killed during the spellplauge. Unless some of the ones that knew how "happened" to be in one of the camps they have in Chult, which would be very unlikely.

Ps. Don't know if you are taking this from the later content from DDO, but to my knowledge, the timeline of DDO is behind Neverwinter by many years (might be wrong on that though).

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Spellplague
  • razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lantan was destroyed in the spellplague, but the creation forge that they built could still be working. I believe the dragon (371) had a few options, but the Lantan one went basically that the warforged wakes up in modern time near the ruins of Lantan, perhaps the spellplague destruction was what actually created the forged from some experiment in smarter golums.
    edited February 2013
    Or he'll thanks to some weird arcane chicanery the Gnomes are the Warforged. Maybe their souls got sucked into the spell forge, and combined with their advanced golem tech creating the Warforged.
    edited February 2013
    Ehh, Warforged possibly wont happen in the near future as there are no traces and no species entries for them.
  • thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    I have yet to see any warforged in the Forgotten Realms, so I doubt we'll see them in Neverwinter.

Thank goodness, too. The prevalence of warforged is one of the major reasons I dislike Eberron and DDO by extension.

I guess I stand corrected: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged

Still, I'd hope that other, more populous races might see the light of day in the game before the warforged. Like Shades maybe. Or gnomes. Or genasi.
  • thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am a proponent for all Autonomous life forms of the Forgotten Realms. Because Robotrees need love too. They'd shed Sap, Dew, and Leaves for our rights to live a happy life in Neverwinter. That or running away from horny High Elves. Friggin' tree-humpin' stem-nibblers.
    edited February 2013
    Warforged Druid might be funny, but moving on any idea what the Half-Orc racials are beyond +2 to Sta, and Con?
    edited February 2013
    Species Defs, each monster type has their own.
    I've listed player races.

Defs/Species/Dragonborn_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Dragonborn_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Drow_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Drow_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Drowrenegade_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Drowrenegade_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Dwarf_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Dwarf_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Elf_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Elf_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Halfelf_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Halfelf_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Halfling_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Halfling_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Halforc_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Halforc_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Human_Female.Species
    Defs/Species/Human_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Tiefling_Male.Species
    Defs/Species/Tiefling_Female.Species
  • bedroomjesusbedroomjesus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Lol, Firefall and Neverwinter are the 2 game forums I'm active on and lemonking happens to be on both, providing juicy info. Love it. :)
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Argh, Tiefling or Dragonborn, Tiefling or Dragonborn.

I can't decide...oh wait, use both.

Hehe ^_^'
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't count on Dragonborn anytime soon because they still don't have the newer character creation Artwork and are missing a backstory.
    REPLACE THIS WITH A DESCRIPTION OF DRAGONBORN
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,

We've closed this thread because it's causing some confusion about what classes and features are currently available in the game.

We love seeing your excitement for all things Neverwinter, and welcome the brainstorming and theorycrafting!

We also try to make sure that the most clear information about what's currently featured in-game is updated on the main website and Extended FAQ. :)

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
This discussion has been closed.