test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Neverwinter Datamined Info (Race/Class Art and Text)

Comments

• Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well, almost every horse has three variations (no armour, light armour, heavy armour), and every horse is itself mostly just a colour variation. Nothing is better for the bottom line than being able to model and animate essentially one mount, then just add minor bits and change textures and create an army of mounts to sell. It is good for the players, too, due to choice. Now basically everyone can find a horse they like.

I am interested to see the unicorn in action; I am willing to bet that will be a costly one!
  • Options
    wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am stoked. I will do the Thief and Archer when it comes out. :D
  • Options
    wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the info Lemon
  • Options
    hundredhandslaphundredhandslap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    Why the hell would you wanna ride on a giant spider?

Anyway, really hope the archer makes it for launch or very, very soon after. I'd love to play an archer class in a MMO and actually have to AIM!
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Because it really suits a Drow character.
  • Options
    jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited February 2013
    Damn hackers! :p
  • Options
    jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited February 2013

must....have.....bow.....
  • Options
    xiiihoursxiiihours Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guardian Fighter will be my main character, but I was really dissapointed when I found out there would be no Archer class... this thread has made me hopeful that there will be one at least soon after launch.

TL;DR:

THIS THREAD IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS!
    If My shield can't protect you, nothing in the realms can.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

"I am Subotai, thief and archer" from Conan the Barbarian :)

Great info here, esp. the Half-Orc and the Iron Vanguard path. Warlock is also a great find. I am bummed they won't be available at launch, (cross fingers that changes), because Half-Orc GWF, and Drow or Tiefling Warlock are the only 2 race/class combos that interest me.
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Yeah Half-Orc makes GW: Fighter temping. I'll probably wait until the Barbarian is released. But still tempting.
  • Options
    gobleangoblean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Run out of stuff to sift through in FireFall? :p Welcome to NW, Lemonking!
  • Options
    lemonkingilemonkingi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    goblean wrote: »
    Run out of stuff to sift through in FireFall? :p Welcome to NW, Lemonking!
    Still have stuff in Firefall, but I have to sit on it until Red5 releases it.

And have some Player Build Icons.
    2vJiEW0.png
  • Options
    crepiduscrepidus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ahhh FireFall if only there was something to do in that wonderful game..... I digress. Awesome information ! Thank you Lemonkingi !
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like those Icons. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm kinda surprised this got moved to General out of the beta subforum. O_o
  • Options
    kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    Awesome stuff here! Thank you lemonkingi! This makes me even moar 'scited about Neverwinter Online!
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi Everyone!

We're happy to see people discussing what they are hoping to see in Neverwinter. It's great to hear about the classes, builds, and Paragon Paths that people are most excited about.

Keep in mind that this method of gathering data isn't an accurate way of finding out about future content. It's very common to find data from test content, placeholder content, or even things that used to be in development, but are no longer in the plan.

Predictions, discussions, theorycrafting, and sharing of ideas are all welcome, but just keep in mind that the classes that are confirmed for launch are already announced, and that no other classes should be considered "confirmed" until we announce them via the official channels. :)
  • Options
    kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    From my years of MMO gaming experience, data mining for content is usually . . . you know :p

(Yes, stuff do appear in the client that are no longer being used, and sometimes developers intentionally add stuff into the client to mislead data miners. But more often than not, one might as well consider data mined info as good as raw patch notes - at least it is something to discuss and theorize about until actual patch notes are released.)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    While true, after having done this for awhile you begin to quickly notice whats new or old and what *may* not be used.
    This is especially true when the files are labeled as such. ;)
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    noolidnerd wrote: »
    I assumed that the Ranger and Warlock were just fragments of data, set to be released some time after the Brawny Rogue, because the developers said they plan for the Brawny Rogue to be the first class added after launch. Then this comes along and makes me think that these two other classes are ready to be revealed as launch classes.

Also Prestige classes? Score. Diablo 3 would have held my interest if it had Prestige classes.

We discussed this in NOCS
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Question. Was there any information on the Control Wizards power/abilities?
  • Options
    thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    This stuff's always fun to look at, even if some (or most) of it might turn out to be scrapped content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Question. Was there any information on the Control Wizards power/abilities?
    I can poke around for it.
    theht wrote: »
    This stuff's always fun to look at, even if some (or most) of it might turn out to be scrapped content.
    Cryptic is unique about labeling older content, or drastically changing it from the prior version.
    For example, Character Create. It used to be in a book with little squares for race selection, its been changed to a dragon's den with a dark red backdrop.
    Making it very easy in that case to tell what was old and what was current, other times Cryptic will label things differently.
    Old Class icons only had a name like Control instead of Wizard Control or Fighter Great Weapon.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lemon, can you get us those player build icons individually? I'd love to incorporate them onto our guild site.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Lemon, can you get us those player build icons individually? I'd love to incorporate them onto our guild site.
    http://imgur.com/a/vyhIY#0
    Also sent as a PM.
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah Half-Orc makes GW: Fighter temping. I'll probably wait until the Barbarian is released. But still tempting.

Yeah, and lets hope the Barbarian isn't too long after launch;););)
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No WARFORGED?! Racist, every one of you! Automatons have feelings too! Why, just the other day I met this amazing warforged Sorcerer Named Boomstick Blastwand! He ran screaming in terror when a woodpecker flew by! Ah... good times.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thecain wrote: »
    No WARFORGED?! Racist, every one of you! Automatons have feelings too! Why, just the other day I met this amazing warforged Sorcerer Named Boomstick Blastwand! He ran screaming in terror when a woodpecker flew by! Ah... good times.
    Eberron
    >
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Eberron
    >

can now be in faerun as a creation of the gnomes in Lantan.
This discussion has been closed.