test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blue Screen Issue - WORKAROUND FOUND

13»

Comments

• Options
    serverguyserverguy Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    drevear wrote: »
    Thank you serverguy for all you have done with this issue and communicating with all of us on this forum.

No problem. I'll be pretty active on the forums during the betas and through launch. My Cryptic handle during the Champions and STO launches was DB.
  • Options
    whichpersonwhichperson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so theres going to be no patch before end of the beta weekend? that kind of screws us who paid for the pack and cant play the game because of a bug in your system

workaround doesn't work for me and gave me an error upon startup saying
    File: ./Localdata/Gameprefs.Pref
    Last Author/Status:Source Control not available
    Parser error in ./Localdata/GamePrefs.pref, line 1: Unrecognized token SystemSpecs.VideoCardDeviceID

wish i could play
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please patch before beta week 2
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    serverguyserverguy Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so theres going to be no patch before end of the beta weekend? that kind of screws us who paid for the pack and cant play the game because of a bug in your system

workaround doesn't work for me and gave me an error upon startup saying
    File: ./Localdata/Gameprefs.Pref
    Last Author/Status:Source Control not available
    Parser error in ./Localdata/GamePrefs.pref, line 1: Unrecognized token SystemSpecs.VideoCardDeviceID

wish i could play

The patch has been scheduled for tonight. The release notes include the fix for the blue screen issue:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?46781-Release-Notes-February-10-%28Beta-Weekend-1%29&p=721491#post721491
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    Unstickying because this is about to get patched!
  • Options
    ultimusmagusultimusmagus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    serverguy wrote: »
    Our graphics programmers are convinced that they found and resolved the bug. So, it seems extremely likely that the patch will fix it.
    My laptop has Intel graphics, and although I can run all other PW/Cryptic games Neverwinter still gives me the blue screen on startup. Works fine on my desktop, even before the patch, but I do use my laptop as much, and would like to play on the go. Using my laptop's STO gameprefs didn't work unfortunately. Of course I have already tried after the patch, still no go.

I can play more demanding games like Dragon Age 1 and 2, Mass Effect 3 and the Crysis series on this laptop although for most of them an Nvidia or ATI graphics card is required, so I'm pretty confident Neverwinter will run if the issue is fixed. I am aware that because the minimum specs require one or the other that Intel chipsets aren't supported, but how about giving us on-the-go gamers some love? :cool:

Laptop specs:
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    CPU: Intel Pentium R Dual Core T4300 2.1ghz
    RAM: 3GB DDR2 SDRAM 800 MHz ( PC2-6400 )
    Graphics: Intel Mobile GMA 4500MHD, 1324MB graphics memory (64MB dedicated + 1260 shared)
    HDD: Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid 500gb, 220gb free space
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TGIPD(Thank goodness its patch day). It works thanks so much ServerGuy and Cryptic peoples
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ultimusmagusultimusmagus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    This 2nd patch did the trick. On behalf of myself and other portable gamers, you have my heartfelt thanks. Your prompt response time and feedback on the forums sets the gold standard for others to follow. Cheers.
  • Options
    prednagaprednaga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    got in game and playing right now :D the only thing im having now is no sound at all, im jsut happy ot be playing ty serverguy for helping us
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Update from me; post the patch, Blue Screen error has gone on my machine with the problem(integrated graphics card).
    20.jpg
  • Options
    yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited March 2013
    delete wrong place
  • Options
    jonesy38jonesy38 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm having a similar problem, except my pc is restarting. It's not a regular BSOD from misuse of a computer. It flashes for just enough time fore me to realize what it is, then the restart happens. Then I start the game up again and i've tried these steps but its not finding anything, maybe because of the restart? I'm not sure. I defragged the pc just incase. But i can be on the computer for hours, 5-10 minutes of running Neverwinter its almost like a clock at this point, BSOD =/ i'll update if more information comes up from my end
  • Options
    jonesy38jonesy38 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I changed those few things you had suggested and it seems to have worked, the game runs very slightly with less framerate it seems now, but i'll take that over not playing at all.
  • Options
    dasnerddasnerd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having issues with BSOD upon start-up, as loading after entering log-in info. Computer immediately reboots. Have attempted the suggested modifications from "serverguy" to no luck. Played during beta and shortly after going live, took a couple weeks off and this started happening. ONLY happens with Neverwinter; FFXIV beta, LOTRO, DDO, and other programs run without issue; problem is only with Neverwinter.

Specs:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    Display Memory: 2792 M