test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Race Would be Best For Cleric

Comments

• Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf gets the wis bonus, and the best def racial abilities. usually the cleric is not the desired first death in a hard fight.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • Options
    lordeetolordeeto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    depending on the cleric type your going and what you want your primary abilities is Wisdom so any race with +Wis. Then based off how you play depends on what your other primary attributes will be as you level and get attribute points.
    Str is Critical Chance, DoT damage res, and stamina (for dodging).
    Int is Cooldown reduction.
    Con is Max Hit Points.
    Wis is Damage Bonus, Healing Bonus, Control Bonus and Control Resistance.
    Dex is AoE Damage Resistance and Deflection chance.
    Cha is Cooldown reduction, action points gained and condition duration.

I would go Wis, Cha and Str as my primary skills personally so I would choose a race that give + Wis, Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Dwarf any really works non give a bonus to both (Wis and Cha) or (Wis and Str) so pick what you like based off look or what info I gave you.
  • Options
    falcordragonfalcordragon Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And keep in mind in this version races actually have +stat choices... not just set ones... so a dwarf can choose +2STR and +2 CON or +2CON and +2WIS so that gives a lot more flexability as well
  • Options
    perth74perth74 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So i went for a elf cleric for the first beta and to be honest had no problems at all, Got to the soft cap of 30 very fast, did not die once. loved the selection of powers. just simply awesome..... now all i have to do it try get the wife to let me upgrade to the hero pack. roll on next beta

Edit:- elven accuracy and the fey step racial bonus of +2 critical strike on both healing and damage also seems good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 386 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I agree with Perth74. Elven cleric seems to be best with the bonus 2% crit chance given the AoE heal 2/4/6%max hp on crit feat. Dwarf would probably be the next runner up given the bonuses to CON and WIS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ganiriesganiries Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with a couple of the cosmetic/role play posters. Play any race you enjoy looking at and enjoy playing. I don't think anything will be game changing and I don't think an extra +1 will make anyone the best. But making a sexy elven cleric might make you the best looking.
    Ornament-3.gif
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I tried half elf and it also worked well for me too. Looks like we're confirming the races have their on perks and no gimping is being witnessed yet. Hoping we can do some real "gimp" testing though like half-orc cleric soon, LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I played a Dwarven Cleric for the racial bonuses and +2 WIS. The more wisdom, the better your spells' healing/damage. Worked really well for me.
  • Options
    hankdashankhankdashank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My cleric will be a Dwarf, I spent a lot of time getting knocked down during beta and the resistance to that will help me be less annoyed.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I just used my dodge alot to get out of the way of the mobs. The combo of seal on each mob, then using divine power then droping sunburn, flamestrike worked well for me was able to kill 5-6 mobs at once.

Just wondered if any of you got chance to go in any of the dungeons...? because i was looking forward to seeing how easy or hard it was to heal a group of 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I tried half elf and it also worked well for me too. Looks like we're confirming the races have their on perks and no gimping is being witnessed yet. Hoping we can do some real "gimp" testing though like half-orc cleric soon, LOL!

The only "gimp" I saw was with the human +2 feat racial which appeared bugged this weekend. Once that is fixed it will be hard to decide between elf/human/drow/dwarf cleric for me.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    perth74 wrote: »
    I just used my dodge alot to get out of the way of the mobs. The combo of seal on each mob, then using divine power then droping sunburn, flamestrike worked well for me was able to kill 5-6 mobs at once.

Just wondered if any of you got chance to go in any of the dungeons...? because i was looking forward to seeing how easy or hard it was to heal a group of 5.

Everytime I got into a full group for the tower dungeon included 1-2 other clerics this beta. That made for extremely easy trips through. The class I never got to group with was a guardian fighter. It was just clerics and rogues.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    Drow male cleric of lloth, or how ever you spell it, well the deity is a pipedream but rest should be doable eventually :)

Loth only takes female clerics. males are trash to her.
  • Options
    lomyrilllomyrill Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    thesensai wrote: »
    Loth only takes female clerics. males are trash to her.

Hm... I see a possible roleplay potential here. Maybe the female drow cleric was cursed into male form for some reason. The character could be questing on the surface world, in exile, to try to win their way back to Lloth's favor and become female again.

--

“The Sky is not the limit to Mastery, for (as any science fiction enthusiast can tell you) there are infinite worlds left to explore once the sky is left behind." From "Role Playing Mastery", by Gary Gygax.

• Options
    ganiriesganiries Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The two skirmish events were tough, with defend the keep event being the toughest group experience in the first cbt (IMO). It was difficult healing a group and very different than other mmos. The speed of the combat itself presented some difficulty which I think can actually add to the cleric/healing experience.

The last couple times I did the skirmish event, I went full heal power spec, and tried to heal constantly. This included using both at-wills for healing.

Other things like targeting group members, etc, added some extra craziness. In other mmos, with a click-targeting system, tank and dps style classes can pretty much stand still and do what they do. Mobility and speed of combat are the biggest differences I felt, but, it was early though and players were still learning the mechanics of things. We'll see what the future holds.
    Ornament-3.gif
  • Options
    fonzelsfonzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    might go tiefling
  • Options
    magbrawn63magbrawn63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since i did the first beta i played with a Half-Elf and was fine in wisdom and choose consitution as my second choice in traits. The build for me seemed to work fine.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stat wise I would agree with Dwarf or Human. Flavor wise I myself prefer the dwarf.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I might try a drow cleric if its available on next beta. anyone know if they are raising the level cap from 30 ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squibshotsquibshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    perth74 wrote: »
    ...anyone know if they are raising the level cap from 30 ?

I believe they will be raising the level cap... eventually. From NW to 4e PnP is a 3:1 level ration (3 levels in NW = 1 level in PnP) making the first 30 levels in NW your "heroic" tier. You get your first Paragon ability at level 30. Logically, one would assume they will be raising the level cap to 60 for the second leveling tier at some point in the future.

The "Epic" tier (level 60-90 in NW and 21 - 30 in PnP, respectively) is probably a long way off. This is all assuming they keep the same ratio throughout the leveling process.
  • Options
    takissatakissa Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No question about it. Drow Cleric. :D
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dwarf makes the best clerics...but then again, dwarfs make the best anything...
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf, Elf, and Half-Elf. Far as I know each of them have the option for plus 2 Wisdom at creation. Though Dwarves also get a bonus to Con which makes them slightly better.
  • Options
    oldevildogoldevildog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    Drow male cleric of lloth, or how ever you spell it, well the deity is a pipedream but rest should be doable eventually :)

Should be no "cleric" for drow, but there should be a drow "priestess" for female drow. And their weapons must be a mace and multiiheaded snake whip.
  • Options
    starkiller1966starkiller1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Half-Elves also get +2 CON in addition to +2 WIS.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually all the races are equally good. This is far from PnP. Having higher STR in cleric increases the damage, higher CHA increases cooldown.

So it is not as if other race makes cleric better - it just makes it different. So forget number crunching and go with fun. I did say half-orc cleric!
  • Options
    xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited March 2013
    I chose an Elf because of the +2 to Wisdom (main stat), and for the other racial benefits. There doesn't seem to be any race that gets you bonus points to both a primary and secondary stat so I went with primary and racials that fit my play style. With all the gear and enchantments possibilities, a few points shouldn't matter much at max level.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Chose halfelf and got +2 con +2 wis
  • Options
    tirnanogtirnanog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so either a half-elf or a dwarf would be the better healers....decisions decisions :p