test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Value of Astral Diamonds

velarenvelaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
One of my biggest problems with dishing out $200 bucks for the Hero Founders pack is that I can't find any info on the actual in game value of Astral Diamonds. I have a general understanding of what they are and how they work from my experience with STO. However, it would go a long way in helping me justify spending $200 bucks on the Founders pack if I knew:

1. What is the dollar value of 750,000 Astral Diamonds (At launch, how much would I have to pay)?
2. How much will different things cost in the MT Shop (How much is a Character Slot for example)?

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else in the forums, I mostly just read forums and rarely post. I did not find anything using the Search feature but I may have not used it to its fullest.

Thank you,
Velaren
Post edited by velaren on

Comments

• Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was wondering this also. I spend a lot of money in perfect world cash shops. Ill definitely be buying zen within the first week, so if astral diamonds are a decent value ill for sure buy the $200 founders pack
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No Idea, but wait till the next NOCS and we may can get Squez to answer(maybe)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daventry23daventry23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I am waiting before purchase also, I thought Blizzard handled info about diablo 3 bad but so far I can't see spending 200$ on a game that seems like it doesn't even exist. Having barely any coverage / answers / news at all is making me skeptical that they got everything going right.
    Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that ocean is not silent.
    H. P. Lovecraft
  • Options
    arkonagadearkonagade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    the diamonds are worth 40-50 dollars
    the expensive items in the pack are the exclusive items. (racial and mount)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    arkonagade wrote: »

Guesstimate? not meaning to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on whats probably a valid answer (thanks btw) but how do you know?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    voodoopapa wrote: »
    Guesstimate? not meaning to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on whats probably a valid answer (thanks btw) but how do you know?
    because of STO shop.
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

asdfasdfgf made an interesting breakdown in a thread about how he thought things shook out. I have no idea how much closer his numbers are than a guess of 40-50 dollars, but they sure are different. this was his post:

asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    I think it's pretty evident that a majority of the packs 'value' can be found in the cash shop currency given.

5-day early access - negligible/priceless depending on the individual
    Access to all 3 betas - negligible/priceless depending on the individual(Twitch/Justin.tv/youtube viewer spikes/subscriptions?)
    Skin - $25
    Mount - $25
    Pet - $10
    Regalia Mask - negligible/priceless depending on the individual
    Priority log in - negligible/priceless depending on the individual
    Aura(reusable?) - $15
    12 slot bag - $5
    Early Foundry - negligible/priceless depending on the individual
    Lev 60 Weapon box - $10
    Access to mask tavern - negligible/priceless depending on the individual
    Helper pack - $5
    Respec token - $10
    Enchantment(reusable) - $5
    Robe of Useless Items - negligible/priceless depending on the individual
    3 character slots - $25
    750,000 Astral Diamonds - after assessment
    Estimated Value - $549
    Totaling: $135
    Difference = $412

750,000 / $412 = 1820 Astral Diamonds per $1.00
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    If the Astral Diamonds were worth 50 dollars, as you claim arkonagade, then AD would be 15K/Dollar.
    If you look at other Cryptic/PWE Games such as STO you'll realize this is a bit ridiculously low.

By tinkering with the numbers to place the Astral Diamond value at $400 then the price becomes 1875 per dollar. This puts the rest of the items value at 149 dollars and actually sounds far closer to the value I would place on the other items.

If you change the price to be $449 for the Astral Diamonds we end up with an item package of $100 and 1670 Astral Diamonds per dollar.

By all means go to another Cryptic/PWE game and go find the actual per dollar amount and prove me wrong but I guarantee you it's not 15K/dollar.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    because of STO shop.

They use zen though, or are you using the pre-zen cash shop conversion?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If the Astral Diamonds were worth 50 dollars, as you claim arkonagade, then AD would be 15K/Dollar.
    If you look at other Cryptic/PWE Games such as STO you'll realize this is a bit ridiculously low.

By tinkering with the numbers to place the Astral Diamond value at $400 then the price becomes 1875 per dollar. This puts the rest of the items value at 149 dollars and actually sounds far closer to the value I would place on the other items.

If you change the price to be $449 for the Astral Diamonds we end up with an item package of $100 and 1670 Astral Diamonds per dollar.

By all means go to another Cryptic/PWE game and go find the actual per dollar amount and prove me wrong but I guarantee you it's not 15K/dollar.

Slowpoke ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    voodoopapa wrote: »
    They use zen though, or are you using the pre-zen cash shop conversion?

He was probabally talking about dilithium.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hm, so astral diamonds in neverwinter arent actual cash shop currency, but works like dilithium and can be sold for zen or whatever based on in game market value?

Ya now im really reconsidering purchasing this
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    He was probabally talking about dilithium.
    yup
    but we can only guess how they calculated the 549 value :)
    the exclusive items might never get sold in the shop, so they could be invaluable.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    yup
    but we can only guess how they calculated the 549 value :)
    the exclusive items might never get sold in the shop, so they could be invaluable.

Thanks for clearing it up
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Right now in STO if it were 750,000 Dilithium it would be worth about $84 in Zen

Right now in CO if it were 750,000 Questionite it would be worth about $39 in Zen

(Yes I just logged into both and checked the current prices)

So as we can see wildly variable.

There is no real way to tell what it will be worth because the Value is completely up to what the market will bear by the players.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Being a new game, the value will be far higher as you alluded to.

Guess you did prove me wrong because I had been told that the price was something different but again that was quite a few months ago.
    I kind of doubt there will be many people willing to pass up their diamonds for Zen in the early game though so without a doubt there will be a huge premium for Astral Diamonds in the player market. ;)
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hehe My guess...

ahem

750,000 = $75 BECAUSE $1 will equal 10,000 Diamonds :D

:o
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Being a new game, the value will be far higher as you alluded to.

Guess you did prove me wrong because I had been told that the price was something different but again that was quite a few months ago.
    I kind of doubt there will be many people willing to pass up their diamonds for Zen in the early game though so without a doubt there will be a huge premium for Astral Diamonds in the player market. ;)

Its all wild speculation. It will be what it will be. Once we (those of us not in the know and under NDA restrictions :) ) find out how much things cost in astral diamonds every thing will become clear :)
  • Options
    slayogornslayogorn Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1 Astral Diamond = 10.000 Gold pieces according to the 4e books afaik.
    glad to help ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    Hehe My guess...

ahem

750,000 = $75 BECAUSE $1 will equal 10,000 Diamonds :D

:o

No pic no proof? ^-^
    There's no information on the Astral Diamond Exchange Rate and I have seen people claim several different values in the last few days from 1,000:1 to 30,000:1.
    Let's not go around starting rumors.
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, based on STO and CO values, 1 dollar is worth from 9000 to 19000 astral diamonds.

Someone could tell me how much does a new character slot costs in this game? Thanks.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No pic no proof? ^-^
    There's no information on the Astral Diamond Exchange Rate and I have seen people claim several different values in the last few days from 1,000:1 to 30,000:1.
    Let's not go around starting rumors.

LMAO I said that it was "my (MY - Belonging to or associated with the speaker, which is me) guess" (GUESS - Estimate without sufficient information to be sure of being correct). Not that it was fact and the all mighty truth. XDDD
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    So, based on STO and CO values, 1 dollar is worth from 9000 to 19000 astral diamonds.

Someone could tell me how much does a new character slot costs in this game? Thanks.

Nope no one can, no one knows or is under a NDA if they do.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    Nope no one can, no one knows or is under a NDA if they do.

I don't think that STO or CO character slots cost are under NDA. But probably the last sentence in my last post was wrong. I should have written "how much does a new character slot costs in these games?"

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't think that STO or CO character slots cost are under NDA. But probably the last sentence in my last post was wrong. I should have written "how much does a new character slot costs in these games?"

I will take a look. But yeah you said "this game" so I thought you meant NW. :)

STO 625 Zen for 2
    CO between 1700 for 2 or 5000 Zen for a free form slot (this is misleading because CO has different types of character slots.)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you ^^

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you ^^

You are welcome.
  • Options
    geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    either way i feel kinda rich. even if its only worth 40 bucks still something :-) but you make a great point. i caluclated it being around 60 bucks if its based on dilithium from STO but you are right being a new game the market for "diamonds" will be much higher so that your value getting it now actually might be worth it :-) either way 750,000 is a good bit. :-) i am happy with that plus the other perks :-) whoo hoo! :-).
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't believe you all missed my answer on this numerous times!

It's right here.

Okay, I just LOVE that reply, but let me seriously add to this talk:

Astral Diamonds ARE indeed a secondary currency. Which means the currency will be purchased by those who wish to exchange ZEN for it in game That will mean the ZEN Exchange in game will dictate the cost demand of the AD. So the "value" of the AD is what the people willing to bid for it by donated paid ZEN for in what the system will bear with the high and low caps for the exchange.

Later, the official PWE Exchange Rate will reflect this post launch with a "parity" rating or 100 ZEN=100 ZEN.

So we're not joking when we can say we have no idea what the actual value is and these are the possible ranges no matter how large a difference if we use other games by Cryptic.

Still, hundreds of thousands is a notable sum no matter how "much" it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    price of that diamonds should be 75-100$ but real value of that pack is mount and pet which are lock box quality so 200-300$+for pet and same for mount ,since on average is at least 200-300 lock boxes for mount and same for pet and each box is 1-1.25$ in pw games ,for example i opened more then 800 to win pet in fw which is another pw game