test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

time on founders packs

2»

Comments

• argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I imagine the marketing team is sorting through yesterdays reactions before the finalizing the packages. They're determining if a price point change would pull in more money, and if the packages need to be tweaked to keep people satisfied. They're probably also considering the pr angle.
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    Yeah that must be it. When a person is wary about handing $200 to someone because they're told "Hey I'll give you 750k widgets!" but don't tell you those widgets are just pieces of belly button lint that means the person needs their hand held, not that they're a cautious consumer that's completely justified in wanting to know more details before giving away a sizable chunk of money.

By the way, why don't you send me a $200 check. I'll mail you a million Death Sparks of Doom that are worth $5,000. It's a great deal, I promise!

I am sure they were going to release the information. I highly doubt the items are far from worthless and they are asking a reasonable price. Most of the items are self explanatory, on top of the VIP treatment and beta access. 750,000 diamonds, well that could mean a lot, however it has been said that the value is pretty high and is most likely the currency for the in game shop. Having the other two packs included in the 200.00 pack would be redundant and make no sense.
    It is probably not the only reason it was delayed either.
    I don't give my money to poor people and who the hell uses checks anymore?
    Like I said before, 90% of the people on these forums cry cry cry, get something they want and still find something to cry about. Get some patience.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    kesri wrote: »
    When I said "legal" issues I meant the suits in the legal department saying that selling virtual goods with the shoddy information we have on these Founder's Packs was not really a good idea. Not that anything illegal was happening - just not well thought out. Slap a TOS on it and go doesn't always cut it.

I highly doubt it is a legal matter. They can sell you just the mount for 200.00 if they wanted to. The information they gave out seemed more like a teaser anyways, just to get people hyped for it like always.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    When I said "legal" issues I meant the suits in the legal department saying that selling virtual goods with the shoddy information we have on these Founder's Packs was not really a good idea. Not that anything illegal was happening - just not well thought out. Slap a TOS on it and go doesn't always cut it.

Not really likely. There is a catch 22 in the so-called "Announcement". Are the moderators really the legal representatives of the company? Is the online blogosphere? No. Has there been anything posted under "News" conforming the so-called "Press Release"? No. So I doubt there is anything regarding legal problems presenting themselves since they could just as easily post something completely different :-D
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    argoylet wrote: »
    I imagine the marketing team is sorting through yesterdays reactions before the finalizing the packages. They're determining if a price point change would pull in more money, and if the packages need to be tweaked to keep people satisfied. They're probably also considering the pr angle.

Much more likely.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Could you explain what you mean by "background of drow race"? I have admittedly not been following this game very closely. I was admiring it from afar, so to speak? How exactly does one sell a "background"? Thanks in advance.

Every character has a background. E.g. there is a background for wererat deserter. Its history is that it he is a deserter from wererat gang of Luskan. It also gets 1 or 2 powers based on background.

Similarly, Menzobarren is a background specific to drow race. Drow can have many backgrounds - normal ones open to any adventurer, there are class specific backgrounds too. Menzobarren is drow specific background. There is another drow specific background iirc - Bregen D'earth (grrr I always forget its spellings). These backgrounds may give you a bit of bonus and 1-2 unique powers but for most things, they are "cosmetic" and for RP purposes.
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    argoylet wrote: »
    Kobold Bard pack!!! Doom, doom, doom...!!!
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Kobold Bard pack!!! Doom, doom, doom...!!!

Kobold bards of FINDER! WOO HOO! ;-)
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    They might just be revising their strategy slogan of "Make your friends jealous!" It just doesn't sound pompous enough.

Either that or so many people have fallen for their "incredible deal", that they're raising the price another $100.
  • kesrikesri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Every character has a background. E.g. there is a background for wererat deserter. Its history is that it he is a deserter from wererat gang of Luskan. It also gets 1 or 2 powers based on background.

Similarly, Menzobarren is a background specific to drow race. Drow can have many backgrounds - normal ones open to any adventurer, there are class specific backgrounds too. Menzobarren is drow specific background. There is another drow specific background iirc - Bregen D'earth (grrr I always forget its spellings). These backgrounds may give you a bit of bonus and 1-2 unique powers but for most things, they are "cosmetic" and for RP purposes.

Thank you for the information.
  • zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    in the mean time imagine
    drowning death star in pee..
    ermm i mean alcohol .. or was it really pee
    :p

601159_335527089895809_982038120_n.jpg

(image actually shows a death star ice cube)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If that's your stream and color you should probably go see a doctor
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zeoxz wrote: »
    ...(image actually shows a death star ice cube)

Pretty much looks like 3d art from one of the high end 3d renderers and not a real photo to me.
  • porkchop81porkchop81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited January 2013
    I would say if it is pee DRINK MORE WATER.
  • zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Pretty much looks like 3d art from one of the high end 3d renderers and not a real photo to me.

shrugs
    url link to amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D19K1S/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B008D19K1S&linkCode=as2&tag=swaggmagaz-20

if u goggle this
    "Kotobukiya Star Wars: Death Star Silicone Tray"
    u'll find more links to other stores

btw found this too..
    might be D lights for an elven theme

397484_325508887565802_1748301260_n.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Howdy, I just updated a different thread on this and to keep confusion low, I am going to close this thread and point you all to discuss this further, if you wish, in this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?31151

Also, here is the official announcement: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?31331
This discussion has been closed.