test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is this a Ranger or a Rogue?

xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
67eba6939fe8b00a0f5b6e576009578a1359095288.jpg I'm guessing ranger only because I want it to be another confirmed launch class. But It is most likely a rogue that can use bows or an NPC.

If it is a Ranger that also confirms they will be both ranged and two weapon fighting.

Edit: Higher Res shot

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2013/01/nwcharactercustomization201241304.jpg
Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
Post edited by xearrik on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Sorry to say but that is without a doubt the Trickster Rogue.

Interesting quiver! But that pose, weaponry and weapon placement is none other that the Trickster.
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Interesting quiver! But that pose, weaponry and weapon placement is none other that the Trickster.

*cries uncontrollably*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    b00mstickb00mstick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Probably a rogue as they can use bows as well. Rangers were never really known to dual dagger. Usually dual swords.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Too much armor for a rogue. Also too much gear for stealthing like a ranger boss-lady. Actually, she's wearing too much clothes in general..... I .... I think elewyndel has taken over my posts. ;_;
  • Options
    b00mstickb00mstick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think you were joking, but in actuallity, rangers and rogues wear the same class of armor.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Leather armor is a characteristic most commonly associated with rogues. Not tricksters but rogues in general.
    Frankly that looks like a brown Shadow Thieves Armor Set.

I imagine chain shirts, at the least, on rangers. Sure some use leather but many, especially dual weapon rangers, take advantage of better defensive gear.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Well, as this pic proves, it's always important to leave your chest wide open.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Lol it not quiver, those are arrows stuck on her back.
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hmmm.......hentai?
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Lol it not quiver, those are arrows stuck on her back.

Surely you jest!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    Surely you jest!

:confused: No, those are indeed arrows. If you see other videos, you will see that in combat arrows get stuck on certain body parts like that. It is not a quiver, just a rogue running away and getting hit by arrow on the back.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :confused: No, those are indeed arrows. If you see other videos, you will see that in combat arrows get stuck on certain body parts like that. It is not a quiver, just a rogue running away and getting hit by arrow on the back.

Look again and you can see the tip of the quiver.

Edit: I counted the pixels. There are 17 whole pixels of the quiver!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I considered that Gill but ruled it out as too odd to have only 2 arrows showing in that exact location...

Who knows though. I'd say it was stuck in her back had she had another on her leg or sticking out another side but...
    Yeah anybody's guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Look below the arrows to the left of her head. You can see the tip of the quiver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Look below the arrows to the left of her head. You can see the tip of the quiver.

It is not a quiver because quiver needs a belt on shoulder.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Maybe those are arrows shot at her from above and they are sticking out of her back? OUCH!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It is not a quiver because quiver needs a belt on shoulder.

I have never played an MMORPG that showed the belt of a quiver when equiped. It usually just has a floating quiver attached to your back.

If its not a quiver what is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I have never played an MMORPG where when you equip a quiver, and it then shows the belt and all. It usually just has a floating quiver attached to your back.

If its not a quiver what is it?
    See my post above for another take. If you look at it just right and do not go into it thinking they are vertical but instead jutting up from her back/shoulder-blade, they they appear to be arrows shot at her and are sticking out of her back/shoulder-blade. However, it does look more like two arrows left in a quiver to me. Could be a custom quiver that attaches to their armor.

On the other hand, if you take into account she is lunging forward, I would think that we'd see more of the tops of those arrows, instead, if you imagine her standing straight up, those arrows would actually be laying horizontal and probably shot at her by enemies.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    See my post above for another take. If you look at it just right and do not go into it thinking they are vertical but instead jutting up from her back/shoulder-blade, they they appear to be arrows shot at her and are sticking out of her back/shoulder-blade. However, it does look more like two arrows left in a quiver to me. Could be a custom quiver that attaches to their armor.

On the other hand, if you take into account she is lunging forward, I would think that we'd see more of the tops of those arrows, instead, if you imagine her standing straight up, those arrows would actually be laying horizontal and probably shot at her by enemies.

This isn't art work. It's a screen cap of the game. There most likely wont be straps over the artwork of the armor. That would be difficult to program. I could go with them being arrows stuck into her back if it wasn't for those extra 17 pixels. They are too dark to be the fletching of another arrow. They cant be a sheath for her weapons because their would be two. The only logical explanation for those pixels is a quiver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    and as for the chest armor, its important to protect..the important parts...:p
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited January 2013
    Definitely looks like a rogue to me.
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dual wielding daggers or shortswords... On a scale from 1 to 100, it's a 99 rogue and 1 ranger.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    .... The only logical explanation for those pixels is a quiver.

Another thing is that - the ranger which is "in the works" in not archer ranger but melee ranger. Which means they have not yet started with archer ranger and hence it would be weird that they can demo a class which is not "in the works"
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Another thing is that - the ranger which is "in the works" in not archer ranger but melee ranger. Which means they have not yet started with archer ranger and hence it would be weird that they can demo a class which is not "in the works"

Are you sure about that? I guess there will be at least 2 builds per class, and the archer ranger is kinda a staple of the game. Or maybe dual wielders will be able to use bows too (that's possible, but definitely a downer).
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I remember the ranger is in the works but could you show me where they said MELEE ranger?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If it is a quiver, I'm impressed on the detail of the arrows that are sticking out of it. Most MMOs when they have quivers seem to show a block of arrows, show just an empty quiver, or don't show anything with it just being equipment. I'd also have to agree about the straps comment... Most MMOs don't seem to bother with that extra touch of detail whether it is a quiver or weapons on the back. They just seem to be there....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I found a picture with higher resolution. Its easier to see what i believe to be the quiver.

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2013/01/nwcharactercustomization201241304.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I guess there will be at least 2 builds per class, and the archer ranger is kinda a staple of the game. Or maybe dual wielders will be able to use bows too (that's possible, but definitely a downer).
    I remember the ranger is in the works but could you show me where they said MELEE ranger?

Doubting my veritas truth? :p

I wanted archer build to be there and was having discussion with ambi who likes melee ones when a dev chimed in to say - melee is in the works, not ranger one - yet.

@Ambi can you help confirm it? You should remember that too right? (some devs are not blue yet so may not appear in dev tracker)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That triggered my memory, yeah there was some understandable QQing...

But looking at that knight creature, it's a shadow-based one, so the character we're seeing might be an NPC or monster, and she IS carrying arrows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2013
    The wait for the release has really taken it outta some people, evidenced by the counting of the pixels of a possible quiver in a screenshot of gameplay...

Somebody hold me until the games announced!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!