test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EQ Next by end of year?

muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Off Topic
Interesting article over at Gamasutra.

One of the other games I have really been curious about. Not alot of info, mostly Planet Side stuff, but that last Paragraph is interesting.
Post edited by muzrub333 on

Comments

• Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not holding my breath until I see a better F2P model then EQ2 currently possesses.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    I'm not holding my breath until I see a better F2P model then EQ2 currently possesses.

As long as I can subscribe I'll be happy; in a perfect world it would require a sub so everyone playing would actually have put money in the pot, rather than the F2P average of 10%. NW is the only true F2P game I am interested in. Not a fan of F2P at all.
  • Options
    gimmiediedgimmiedied Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Honestly i'd rather subscribe. I will try NW out as F2P but my hope not are going up at this point in testing.
    oh and i used to play EQOA on ps2, kinda miss that game.:D
  • Options
    crowl37crowl37 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think it will likely have a better F2P model than EQ2 as it is being designed from the ground up with F2P instead of having to be converted.

Basically, if they keep it very similar to PS2's model, they should have a hit on their hands.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You all know my position here since it's ground up F2P so I hope it works there for them too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Its probably F2P. Im very interested in EQN, that, ESO, and Neverwinter is gonna be my choice of fantasy for the future. EQN is the one Im most interested of.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I agree it will be F2P for sure, Smedley is all about F2P now. Being ground up, and reading about PS2, I have faith it will be a good system. I also think it will have a sub option for guys like me who just want to play the game and not be nickle and dime'd to death.

I'm curious about his statements on player generated content. SOE has been experimenting with some systems in their other games, but so far I am absolutely unimpressed. The dungeon maker has one cool aspect IMO; the fact that you loot the mobs you can use. Other than that it is terribly limiting. Of course I guess having mobs be loot drops is limiting too, but I just love getting that Fabled Boss drop; it makes it kind of special. (if only in my mind)
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Quote "EverQuest Next was a black box project for years - and it was only last month that Smedley and the team showed it to the EverQuest and EverQuest 2 teams. Smedley says he was so nervous the night before the presentation that he couldn't sleep - but that both teams received it enthusiastically. "

I call ********,more like he told them they had to like it or they was fired
  • Options
    sunstone2012sunstone2012 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Trial and subscribe is the best model..

FTP is just so restrictive you end up having a worse time than you would on a trial with limits.
  • Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    health002 wrote: »
    Quote "EverQuest Next was a black box project for years - and it was only last month that Smedley and the team showed it to the EverQuest and EverQuest 2 teams. Smedley says he was so nervous the night before the presentation that he couldn't sleep - but that both teams received it enthusiastically. "

I call <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,more like he told them they had to like it or they was fired

You can force people to say they 'support' something, but its not the same as having someone really 'drawn' into it and willing to support it. If anything call BS in the PR person that chose the words 'received enthusiastically'. :P We'll see the difference in the product either way.
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • Options
    yoazismynyoazismyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I still remember EQ so foundly. Die Rat!