test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What 4e spells/powers would you like to use most as a control wizard?

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Library
318010_470979362962257_732429691_n.jpg

Frobozz's Library

4e Wizard powers

http://www.4shared.com/office/k5rxzM41/17915d01.html

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My list is simple. Give me the enchantment and illusion schools to choose powers from, & whatever you want to give me from the evocation school, and I'll be one happy finger pointin' camper!!

8vqglk.png

23k2nio.png

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any spells from the list Evocation, Evocation (continued), and of course Evocation (continued, continued)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any spells from the Evocation list. I'm a destroyer:)
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Summon Enemy's Mom!

level 20 daily utility.

CAUTION: For control purposes only
  • Options
    maddmistermaddmister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Summon Enemy's Mom!

level 20 daily utility.

CAUTION: For control purposes only

Illusion Spell Female....
    That's really a male
    Devs
    Are My Masters!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The more options the better. Trust me when I say nobody wants few spells, but many spells with easy to switch options or spells to acquire and forget. That covers a vast majority here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Spells MORE SPELLS
  • Options
    hughwmallalieuhughwmallalieu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Control Wizard is a term that indicates restriction or limits. As I often solo it is problematic with control type build. Game balance is importent, but I'd like to see spells that allow a control wizard to do solo work - with some sacrifices. Not looking for brute force abilites, but some spells that given patience and finess allow one to solo against tough bosses. Also, always liked the Sword Mage idea.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Control wizard does not means it can't buff you up or can't kick-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It can do both. It just controls a bit better.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    nwpowerlisteslvid.jpgSome cc to come looks like, slow, words of deceit + paragons
    what we know so far from the esl video, zoomed. Based on what we have seen via the control wizard vids, it is my assumption that this is the power list that goes with it.
    interestingspell_zps83efea5d.pnginteresting helms hold video
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *Nods* That is correct. Obviously what it means though is not always known until seen with a description or tested....like the Orb of Imposition for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mage Hand as encounter power kinda puzzles me.

That said, i'd like to see Mirage Arcana from from Heroes of Shadow and Visions of Avarice from Arcane Power... but i'd be more than happy even with Evard's Black Tentacles as capstone power for controllers and Disintegrate (or, even better, Delayed Blast Fireball) for war wizards.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Were are all the spells ?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    Were are all the spells ?

You do understand how 4th edition powers work, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    You do understand how 4th edition powers work, right?

Well looks like I don't. I rember there were more then 3 daily's options.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/28817645/Archmages_Ascension_-_The_Wizards_Handbook?pg=1

hmm looks like I was right....

only sleep, ice storm and scattering shock ? that's it ?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Aah, quoting Ruins Fate's handbook. I think that he will be proud of his work :D

That said, you have 4 daily powers: 3 from class and one you get at level 20. But you retrain the first 3 at level 15, 19, 25 and 29, so you never have more than 4 dailies per level.

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    That said, you have 4 daily powers: 3 from class and one you get at level 20. But you retrain the first 3 at level 15, 19, 25 and 29, so you never have more than 4 dailies per level.

I know that but were are the rest of the daily's ?

p.s. his handbook is quite legendary
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    See here. Spells are a name of powers for wizards in 4th edition. They get at-will, encounter, daily and utility powers. Or the AEDU setup you might have seen referenced before. While tweaked to work in MMO (for instance, daily powers are shorter than once per extended rest,) the 4E concepts here still work like this.

Yes, you do get a few more "swapable" powers you can do at campfires in the MMO game, but these are your spells for wizards and clerics, or exploits for fighters and rogues, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    See here. Spells are a name of powers for wizards in 4th edition. They get at-will, encounter, daily and utility powers. Or the AEDU setup you might have seen referenced before. While tweaked to work in MMO (for instance, daily powers are shorter than once per extended rest,) the 4E concepts here still work like this.

Nah the problem was not that. I assumed that in the picture that was a spell tree. Someone told me it's not a spell tree or a spell list.
    I tought it was like wow skill tree. Thouse are just the options someone selected not all the options for wizard class
    Corect ?

I use spell not daily's, I'm old school
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    p.s. his handbook is quite legendary

Well, Nausicaa is my wife... i kinda know :D

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thouse are just the options someone selected not all the options for wizard class
    Corect ?

Firstly, full name is "Daily Spells", "Encounter Spells" and "At-will spells". We use short terms to avoid typing. Over time it may even get abbr. to Dly, enc or at-w.

Thouse are few of the spells available to to "Control Wizard" There are more, and there is a choice to choose paragon paths - however total number of spells available to wizard has not yet been revealed. There may be more, there may be less.

AT a particular point, from amongst the spell in that pool - uniquely available to control wizard(and not war wizard or summoner wizard), a control wizard can choose 2 Daily Spells, 3 Encounter Spells and 2 At-will spells along with 1 Utility(teleport).

At a given time, you can use 7 Spells in total - though you get passive powers too which you do not need to manually activate.

That is all which is public knowledge about the Spells.

And for rogue, these are called "Daily Tricks", Encounter Tricks" and so on.

For Cleric these are called "Daily Prayers", "Encounter Prayers" and so on.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's just a big confusion right now. I belived that was a spell list were you get one spell at lvl6 etc.
    That is probably the spell that player choosed from a number of choices. I was strictly talking about the first picture
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well, Nausicaa is my wife... i kinda know :D

I never knew i was amoung such legends. Please allow me to pay my respect and gratitude for her handbook
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's just a big confusion right now. I belived that was a spell list were you get one spell at lvl6 etc.
    That is probably the spell that player choosed from a number of choices. I was strictly talking about the first picture

Thoise are dailies, that is the pool from where you chose 2 Dailies.

However, as I said, there can be much more actual stuff than shown here, or can be much less. Don't base your judgement on that pic - its not final.

As I said total number of powers has not been unveiled by developers. That pic is just a teaser and an attempt to hide most of the spells from showing up early.

However, dailies are overpowered utilities which are in principle, lesser than encounter in choices.

EDIT:
    I wonder if you noticed the scroll bar?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    EDIT:
    I wonder if you noticed the scroll bar?

If you refer to the thing in the middle i actually think that is an indicator that shows what lvl are you ??? I really have no idea

It's kinda sad we need to use a microscope on a picture and no developer is popping up to help :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    And for rogue, these are called "Daily Tricks", Encounter Tricks" and so on.

Actually it's "exploits", as for ranger and fighter.
    I never knew i was amoung such legends. Please allow me to pay my respect and gratitude for her handbook

Thank you!!

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    um... probably, but something like that.
    If you refer to the thing in the middle i actually think that is an indicator that shows what lvl are you ??? I really have no idea

It's kinda sad we need to use a microscope on a picture and no developer is popping up to help :)

The one where inverted comma starts "T.. for big yellow text. Similarly in other boxes too.

That shows that there will be more owers - enough for us to scroll down. Otherwise they would not need a scroll bar would they. Hence my suspicion that actual powers would be more, not less.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nah the problem was not that. I assumed that in the picture that was a spell tree. Someone told me it's not a spell tree or a spell list.
    I tought it was like wow skill tree. Thouse are just the options someone selected not all the options for wizard class
    Corect ?

I see!

Okay, yeah, it's not a spell tree like a feat tree (which we saw pic of too elsewhere,) but it APPEARS to be "a path when you hit certain levels, these powers unlock" kind of thing. What some of them mean even for us 4e knowledgeable people are uncertain. Like that "class" thing, is not always from the tabletop D&D. I mean if I looked up stuff from my 4E compendium for tabletop games...

Orb of Imposition
    Once per encounter while you are holding an orb on your turn, you can use your orb of imposition power.

Orb of Imposition Power

Orb of Imposition

Control wizards select this form of mastery because it helps extend the duration of their control effects.
    Encounter bullet.gif Implement
    Free Action
    Effect: You can use your orb to gain one of the following two effects.
    You can designate one creature you have cast a wizard spell upon that has an effect that lasts until the subject succeeds on a saving throw. That creature takes a penalty to its next saving throw against that effect equal to your Wisdom modifier.
    Alternatively, you can choose to extend the duration of an effect created by a wizard at-will spell (such as cloud of daggers or ray of frost) that would otherwise end at the end of your current turn. The effect instead ends at the end of your next turn.
    Requirement: You must wield an orb to use this ability.

I just know they have to modify this to work in an MMO (I'm guessing based on the videos showing the class and the gamescom one, it does something with damage, likely cold damage.)

But no, it's not a spell selection tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Just checked it. you are right. I keep getting confused between those two words somehow.

EDIT:
    So, based on power source-
    Spells(arcane)
    Prayers(divine)
    Exploits(Martial)
    Evocation(Primal)
    Disciplines(Psion)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    But no, it's not a spell selection tree.

Someone casted Confusion. Good thing you and gillrmn casted that fast Dispel