test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The most watched Youtube Video is now NOT Justin Bieber's "Baby" but "Gangnam Style"

iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Off Topic
The video that took less than five months to overtake the top spot what took the Bieber two years to get as Youtube's #1 spot:

Psy's "Gangnam Style"

What's that? Well, if by now you're under a rock still, here's the Reuter's article, mentioning the drive for the Gangnam District of Seoul consumerism, and here's the Youtube Video Link (I promise if you never saw it, it's worth a look once...unlike Justin's. Do stick around until the very end as it "pauses" near the very end. When you see the animated drawing/picture, it's done.)

Heck, even the Famous Phillipine Dancing Prisoners love it!

There's even one of the best Mash-ups I have ever seen combining PSY's "Gangnam Style" and LMFAO's "Sexy and I know it." It's eeirily one of the best synched duos together you can enjoy without Watching the Wizard of Oz, listening to Pink Floyd and getting st...err, expanding your mind through meditation.

"Gangnam Style's" popularity has spawned a number of parodies including a voted "Best Parody" Korean one based off of its parody creator called "Hong Day Style" (I'm not translating it to explain any subtleties if you view it, but enjoy the video visuals if you do,) the controversial SoCal Lifeguard one that got its lifeguards and manager fired for filming it while in uniform using official facilities (yeah, they eventually got their jobs back,) and even a Star Trek "Klingon Style" (Okay this one is funny but I'm not teaching you Klingon either, but this one is still worth a look even if not a "Trekkie.")

Or just shrug at the stupid things that get posted like cats playing keyboards and forget the whole damn Youtube thing.

BTW PSY's "jerking" movements he does in several places in the video or is the recipient of the movement is supposed to be like riding horses symbolizing the upper crust, not sex which he also alludes to...except for the "heeey sexy lady" related parts...of course where that's obvious.

See, even "Stupid videos" can teach you something about upper crust Korean Culture and stuff.

I left at the bottom of the post the Romanized and translated to English lyrics link if you're really curious about the "big meaning." It's as profound as you think a music video's lyrics are.

(edit beyond 10 K posting link instead)

Still reading? Why? I mean, here's the link when you want to sing along.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by iamtruthseeker on

Comments

• Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Can it do a billion views, its pretty close? Has any video ever had a billion views, i mean theres no way to tell for things like Rocky Horror picture show or wizard of oz or Its a wonderful life, but one has to wonder. I mean the population of the ENTIRE WORLD is only about 7 billion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I LOVE that -- it's so wierd, it just makes you want to dance (and I don't dance!!) Sounds great at hockey games too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Buccaneer's Mascot and Cheerleaders did an excellent video! It's pretty hard doing those moves in a mascot outfit!

And on a related note,yes, the dance can go just plain silly as shown by the Coybowys fans :p No cheerleaders in that related clip? I'm sorry. Does that Titans one make up for it?

The full article for above (if anybody is interested in a read) asking also if it's better than the Dolphins' Call Me Maybe.

Thefirst video had better moves, but the latter video...swimsuits! And that Titan's middle one...something about the angle....

I say we watch them ALL many times to see which cheerleaders did best, LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Finally, the English language remake about what's going on there! I KNEW the horses had more meaning, LOL!

Warning, some language NSFW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Might as well just post an alleged top 10 paradoies of this.

My favs: The Duck Style (but why they censor out the word "Sexy" is beyond me,) Gandalf Style (just to hear him say "Heeeey, where's my Hobbits?" alone let alone the rest! Click here if it's blocked in your area,) and the "Baby Gangnam Style Parody" babies love it ;) (Absolutely the cutest of all parodies I ever saw and ABSOLUTELY work a look!)

And (once again why I list alleged for the top 10) the Marvel Style one wins from me personally the most disturbing Gangnam Style parody that is allowed to be shown at work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sauceonsidesauceonside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dolphin's cheerleaders ftw omg...