test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help needed

viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Off Topic
So in waiting for Neverwinter to launch, I have been wanting to replay NWN2. I have a newer computer than the one I played NWN2 on originally. I install the game and MotB which is the only expansion I have for the game. I manually patch it with the manual patcher, start it up and everything is fine, I create a character, start the story, tweak the graphics which requires a restart of the game. Now when I try to run the game it goes to a black screen and goes no further. Upon research and past knowledge I know Win 7-64bit doesn't mesh well with this game but I see all kinds of "fixes" for the issue, which I'm not saying they don't work but they just don't work for me.

So far I have let the auto patcher run to see if I missed any patches, I downloaded and make sure DX9 is installed properly. Now I'm at a loss if anyone can help me get this solved I would greatly appreciate it.

Running:
ACPI x64 based PC
AMD Athlon II X2 260 processor
AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card
4 gig RAM
plenty of HD space

I'm at a loss......Help!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by viledeeds77#8676 on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    faleth77 wrote: »
    So in waiting for Neverwinter to launch, I have been wanting to replay NWN2. I have a newer computer than the one I played NWN2 on originally. I install the game and MotB which is the only expansion I have for the game. I manually patch it with the manual patcher, start it up and everything is fine, I create a character, start the story, tweak the graphics which requires a restart of the game. Now when I try to run the game it goes to a black screen and goes no further. Upon research and past knowledge I know Win 7-64bit doesn't mesh well with this game but I see all kinds of "fixes" for the issue, which I'm not saying they don't work but they just don't work for me.

So far I have let the auto patcher run to see if I missed any patches, I downloaded and make sure DX9 is installed properly. Now I'm at a loss if anyone can help me get this solved I would greatly appreciate it.

Running:
    ACPI x64 based PC
    AMD Athlon II X2 260 processor
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card
    4 gig RAM
    plenty of HD space

I'm at a loss......Help!!!

Sorry, I downloaded mine from Steam which took care of patches. Even after I added any mods it worked for me.
    And if it hasn't been said, make sure you download the latest patches not only for your game, but for your video card.

You can start your search here

Support for Neverwinter compatibility can be addressed here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Truth, I'll dig into it another day, for now my brain hurts from trying to get this problem fixed.

To clarify, just in the off chance someone has this issue. I have the original discs (not a steam version) once I start the game through a shortcut, or using the exe's in the game folder I have them all run in compatibility mode Win XP SP3, and as admin as well, it goes to a black screen with the mouse pointer as a wheel that is spinning but it goes no further. I have to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the black screen.

going to ice my brain now, and try to uncross my eyes....ugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]