test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are you playing!

raelishraelish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Well as we are waiting for NWO to launch for us all to enjoy what is everyone playing? why do i ask, you ask? well im currently unemployed and bored out of my mind looking for things do while to pass the time until i can give this Gem a shot. currently im messing around with champions online and dungeon defenders.
Post edited by raelish on

Comments

• Options
    lifonlifon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guild Wars 2, it's pretty amazing.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    meh im not a fan of ncsoft.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Well met!

You may wish to check out the thread, "So what's everyone playing..." in the Art and Fiction subforum.

Here is my reply there-in:

zebular wrote: »
    The games I am currently playing, in order from most frequently to once-in-a-while are:
    1. Star Trek Online
    2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
    3. Forsaken World
    4. Diablo III
    5. Magic The Gathering 2013 (Xbox 360, SP & MP)
    6. DC Universe Online
    7. Civilization V: Gods & Kings (SP & Hotseat)
    8. Neverwinter Nights 2
    9. Vanguard
    10. Dungeons & Dragons Online
    11. Lord of the Rings Online
    12. Eden Eternal
    13. Sevencore (Just finished CBT, OBT starts Sept 6th)

When beta/release happens, I expect that list will look something like this:
    1. Neverwinter Online
    2. Civilization V: Gods & Kings (Hotseat)

Then, some time after-wards, I am sure I'll still dabble in some of my older favorites, looking something like this:
    1. Neverwinter Online
    2. Star Trek Online
    3. Magic the Gathering 2013 (MP Only)
    4. Civilization V: Gods & Kings (Hotseat)
    5. Forsaken World

Just waiting for Cryptic to give me the Realms.
    zebular wrote: »
    that is quite a list of games. when do you pee? lol

*the mage chuckles*

I rarely play more than any three games in one day. I usually always, first thing when I start my game-time, is log into STO and do all my character's DOFF stuff and the Lore dailies. That takes about 15 minutes total. I then hop into Forsaken World to claim my daily rewards there and maybe do a daily or two if a character is close to leveling. That takes about 20 minutes.

I then choose one of the many games and end up playing that mostly for the rest of the time I can play. I usually don't play any games for long periods of time, consecutively, other than STO on occasion.

My main problem is the game keeping my attention and not boring me to death with repetition and grind. STO used to keep my attention and enjoyment non-stop, until they introduced the Dilithium system, then it became a repetitive dilithium grind -- which has all but killed my enjoyment of the game.

I know NWO will, if at least at first, fulfill my need for an MMO that isn't grindy, boring and repetitive. I hope they do not loose sight of this. I'm looking forward to once again having only one main game title that I play regularly, like I used to for 10 years with Ultima Online. On top of this, it is the Forgotten Realms! OMM worthy, indeed! (Oh My Mystryl!).

Here's my MMORPG.com listing:
    Currently playing:
    DC Universe Online, Diablo 3, Forsaken World, Star Trek Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic

Games wants to play:
    2112, Defiance, Embers of Caerus, Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms, Neverwinter, Pathfinder Online, Prime World, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Repopulation, Transformers Universe, Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online and Wizardry Online

Have played these games:
    4Story, 9Dragons, AdventureQuest Worlds, Age of Conan: Unchained, Age of Empires Online, Aika, A.ION, Alganon, Allods Online, Anarchy Online, ArcheAge, ArchLord, Archlord X, ARGO Online, Asda 2, Asheron's Call, Atlantica Online, Battle of the Immortals, Battlestar Galactica Online, Black Prophecy, Bounty Bay Online, Bounty Hounds Online, Bright Shadow, CABAL Online, Castle Empire, Champions Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains, CloudNine, Continent of the Ninth Seal, Craft of Gods, CrimeCraft, Dark Age of Camelot, Divina, Dragon Born Online, Dragon Nest, Dragona Online, Dreamlords: Resurrection, Dungeon Fighter Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Earth Eternal, Eden Eternal, Eligium, Ether Saga Online, EVE Online, EverQuest, EverQuest II, Evony, Face of Mankind, Fallen Earth, Family Guy Online, Faxion Online, Fiesta Online, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV, Florensia, Flyff, Free Realms, Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Hero Online, Heroes of Gaia, Heroes of Might and Magic Online, Heroes Of Newerth, Heroes of Thessalonica, Ikariam, Iris Online, Jade Dynasty, Karos Online, Knight Age, La Tale, Last Chaos, Lime Odyssey, Lineage, Lineage 2, Loong, Lord of the Rings Online, Lucent Heart, Luna Online, Luvinia Online, Maestia: Rise of Keledus, MapleStory, Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, Meridian 59 : Evolution, Might & Magic Heroes: Kingdoms, Mytheon, Mythos, Pandora Saga, Perfect World International, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, PlaneShift, Priston Tale, Priston Tale II: 2nd Engima, Prius Online, Ragnarok Online, Realms Online, Regnum Online, Requiem: Memento Mori, RF Online, Rift, Rise of Dragonian Era, Rohan: Blood Feud, ROSE Online, ROSH Online, Rubies of Eventide, Runes of Magic, Rune.scape, Rusty Hearts, Scarlet Legacy, Scions of Fate (Yulgang), Second Life, Seven Souls Online, Shaiya, Silkroad Online, Soul of the Ultimate Nation, Spirit Tales, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Tales of Pirates, Tales of Pirates II, TERA, The Secret World, Torchlight 2, Travian, Twelve Sky, Twelve Sky 2, Ultima Online, Uncharted Waters Online, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Vindictus, Voyage Century, Wakfu, War of Angels, War of the Immortals, Waren Story, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes, Wizard101 and World of War.craft
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2012
    I really disliked guild wars. it has some very nice feautures, unique, creative etc, but you need a really good pc to play it decently, and the combat-targeting system is soooooo bad. Especially after i played raiderz, i just can't stand that type of combat. :p
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Believe it or not, I'm not playing anything. Or perhaps one could say I'm playing everything. Here on Limbo things change so fast...

I'm hopping a lot here and there, there aren't any new single-player games I'm interested in, and I don't have enough time to invest seriously into any MMO, so I got stuck at the typical 20-something level for all that I've tried so far: Ai0n, RaiderZ, Continent of the Ninth Seal... All of them are OK I guess, nothing groundbreaking though.

Also still technically in DDO, but I'm finding it difficult to get back into the game a) now that I'm not paying a sub and only own a limited amount of content and b) with all the recent game changes. I basically just log onto my main for a few hours a week to do some basic raids etc.

Also contemplating joining a RP PW for NWN2, but I'm yet to muster the courage and pick a good time to do so, since I've never really done any serious roleplay. The Sigil PW looks enticing though, and I've already download its required files, so I'll give it a shot eventually. If anyone's already on there, give me a shout, it'd be helpful to have someone introduce me to the system.

Aside from that, I don't have much time for anything else. If I don't feel like logging on to any of the abovementioned MMOs, I'll boot up Hard Reset, which is an excellent shooter, which I'm yet to beat. Highly recommended.

@zebular: Is Sevencore any good? I haven't heard of it but I just checked it out and it looks curious.
  • Options
    perdidurperdidur Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2012
    Been playing GW2 the last few days just to tide me over until NWO. GW2 is a well-done game but it is definitely just filler. I really hate the mixture of technology with fantasy and the events seem a bit overdone. But overall a very solid game. Looking forward to trying Wizardry Online but again it will simply be filler.
  • Options
    deadarmoured87deadarmoured87 Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2012
    Skyrim, with the mod I've been making this last few months. Finally finished b:cool
    It changes the Companions guild in a lot of ways and makes the experience longer, more
    fulfilling

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23129/

Check it out if you like. Hopefully this doesn't count as advertising, cus I don't get any money out of it b:cry

Oh, I just wanna mention this game that is coming out soon. I think it looks awesome!
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y0las3-e1M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vXSle_dVIE
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For the time being, the games I'm playing are:

* Dark Souls PDTE
    * Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
    * Final Fantasy X

I love me some JRPGs ^_____^

Also, just finished with the RaiderZ beta (which btw plays much like Dark Souls - except everything has like 10 times the health, including the player, so you have much more room for error)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sl1ckm1stersl1ckm1ster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    raelish wrote: »
    Well as we are waiting for NWO to launch for us all to enjoy what is everyone playing? why do i ask, you ask? well im currently unemployed and bored out of my mind looking for things do while to pass the time until i can give this Gem a shot. currently im messing around with champions online and dungeon defenders.

The specific board you posted this thread on is only for NW discussion.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I play dota2 every now and then, waiting on guild wars 2 to arrive at my doorstep
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Binding Isaac
    TF2
    Civ 5
    Payday
    Blood Bowl
    Delve Deeper
    Minecraft
    Political Machine 2012

Debating on starting up one of the Mount & Blade games or maybe Risen or one of the Gothic games.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    @zebular: Is Sevencore any good? I haven't heard of it but I just checked it out and it looks curious.

I only got to play in the short, 3 day CBT for only an hour. However, I enjoyed it very much in that short time. So, while I did like it and am looking forward to Open Beta, my opinion of it doesn't have a very good foundation to base it upon.

It would not be good of me to say it was either good or bad. Just in the short time I was able to play it, I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tried GW2 wasn't my cup of tea , so playing through Baldurs gate/Icewind Dale series and skyrim while I wait for Neverwinter.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm playing wreckateer, it's the best in the catapult genre IMO, probably because I get to pretend that I'm actually pulling the catapult b:pleased

I'm not playing any MMO's at the moment, mostly because they all seem the same to me and I am looking for something different to play.
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I currently Play DDO and Champions Online. I was in the beta Test for SWTOR for a long time last year, but do not play it anymore. I just can not get interested in it, too much generic MMO with SciFi skin on it.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    giggliato wrote: »
    I'm playing wreckateer, it's the best in the catapult genre IMO, probably because I get to pretend that I'm actually pulling the catapult b:pleased

Uhhh, how many catapult games are out there? More than two?

I'm not playing any MMO's at the moment, mostly because they all seem the same to me and I am looking for something different to play.

Sadly seconded.

Stupid forum doesn't recognize my reply in the quote as more than ten characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stupid forum doesn't recognize my reply in the quote as more than ten characters.

From the catapult I suddenly remembered the stronghold series. It had catapults, trebuchets and all kind of siege engines...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    i honeslty wish joey betz would hurry up and make crush the castle 3.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    From the catapult I suddenly remembered the stronghold series. It had catapults, trebuchets and all kind of siege engines...

Hmm, the catapult is one of the earliest games in the electronic medium. Angry Birds is simply the most popular current iteration.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Neverwinter Forums!
  • Options
    plamgarplamgar Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Neverwinter Forums!

Hohohoahahaha nice one ;D.But yeah that +1
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    GW2, not disappointed at all with it. Just hope I can play both NW and GW2 but will have to wait and see with how NW turns out.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    thedio777 wrote: »
    I really disliked guild wars. it has some very nice feautures, unique, creative etc, but you need a really good pc to play it decently, and the combat-targeting system is soooooo bad. Especially after i played raiderz, i just can't stand that type of combat. :p

No you really don't. The game requires some moderate specs but nothing that high at all. My comp is a few years old, prolly in the middleground on hardware now and plays the game just fine with 30-40 fps avg. 30 in in high activity areas with a lot of players.
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    While i wait for Neverwinter, i have discovered that water truly does make a better fluffy egg than milk does.. OH YEA. and i play DDO sorta.. i log in, run around, do stuff.. I was playing STO but stopped for a vacaction.. i was getting dilithium crazy.. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Neverwinter Forums!
    plamgar wrote: »
    Hohohoahahaha nice one ;D.But yeah that +1

I'm playing it too! How do you win? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

By logging off, naturally b:laugh
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012

There is no victory, only death...
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    GW2, not disappointed at all with it. Just hope I can play both NW and GW2 but will have to wait and see with how NW turns out.

yeah i dunno DOt i tried 2 toons, different classes, maybe cos i didnt play the 1st but it just feels like a jumbled mess to me (best way to sum it up, theres something about it, i just cant put my finger on it)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    yeah i dunno DOt i tried 2 toons, different classes, maybe cos i didnt play the 1st but it just feels like a jumbled mess to me (best way to sum it up, theres something about it, i just cant put my finger on it)

There's nothing messy bout it, it's a very well made MMO. A lot of their conventions/philosophies are not sitting well with some while for many it's what they've been waiting for. Maybe it's the DEs that's messy to you which for once there is an MMO that is actually an MMORPG and not an OMG.

And not playing the first is irrelevant, only thing that would matter is some places or monuments you would recognize like the horn in the Black Citadel that was used in Prophecies in Ascalon after the Searing or the Pyre Fierceshot statue that was a character in Eye of the North.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    I mostly play Company of heroes and titans quest with my friends in lan thru tungle to pas time lol, some of them are waiting for pandaria (lol) but we are all definly waiting for neverwinter to play an MMO all togther again :)

Also they are my pnp group aswell, we cant wait to put our hands on neverwinter hehe