test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Tax Man

vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2012 in Art and Fiction
I have had this idea for a while. What would a tax man be like in the D&D universe? I would imagine it would be VERY difficult. The idea has had me thinking about a character that is exactly that. Here is a quick doodle I whipped up in Sketchbook Pro.

Tax Man

He doesn't have a proper name yet. Still making up his background. Doing research on how taxation has been handled throughout history for inspiration.

Just a quick first pass I thought I would share. :D
Post edited by vangald on

Comments

• Options
    dailonihildailonihil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Nice work :). Although I'd rather imagine a tax man as an undercover wizard or rogue, or a cunning character. I mean, can't go around collecting taxes when you can be so easily conned by the 1st person you're collecting taxes from, or so defenseless against a thug fortune may pit ou against. :D
  • Options
    aavarius1aavarius1 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    Is that a mancatcher I spy? That's super hilarious (not to mention super appropriate)!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Is that a mancatcher I spy? That's super hilarious (not to mention super appropriate)!
    Yes. Yes it is. :D

As far as class I am leaning toward warlord because I see this guy as nabbing people that try to run while one or two henchmen make sure they pay up peaceful like. He would be high charisma so he can attempt to negotiate the terms.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'd alco call the appointed person "Exchequer"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    And if you don't mind my suggestion, make it a vampire class ... only that it sucks the money out of the people :p
  • Options
    aavarius1aavarius1 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    My suggestion is a thuggish rogue-type over a warlord. You gotta break some kneecaps. And the concrete shoes for to sleep with da fishes.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think we are crossing the thin line between tax man and mob capo lol
  • Options
    tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Let's choose that theres not any line between them? :D
    I am inactive and I know it