test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About System requirements

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
With a

PC: Core i3 2310M
RAM: 6GB
HD: 500GB

I can play Neverwinter?? @__@
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    This game isn't even in Alpha yet let alone has requirements. Go to Cryptic's website and see what their other games' system requirements are for a guideline of what it could be. We have no other guidelines to give and they are not yet talking about it. Sorry.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    Well based on the fact that this game is using the same engine as Cryptic's others one would assume that the specs would be fairly similar, though what you've described should be adequate (except for the lack of what GFX card you have).

As mentioned above though there are no official specs so all you can *really* do is wait ;)
  • e1fingere1finger Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh by the Tymora's luck I hope this old system of mine can play this game. QQ
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    e1finger wrote: »
    Oh by the Tymora's luck I hope this old system of mine can play this game. QQ

A good rule of thumb is whatever is needed to run Champions Onine and Strr Trek Online will be needed to run this, but the graphics and hardware could be upticked a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbrHCUwu4XM

watch here talks about catering for all pc's (dunno bout 5 years old though)
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you can run Champions Online or Star Trek Online, you can run Neverwinter.
    And even if you can't, just wait a year or two for a currently high end computer to become cheap enough to afford, and buy it.
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If your machine has an i3 in it, it will run almost anything available in the market. My laptop has an i3 and some crappy GPU and can still run games like Crysis semi-decently, so an MMO should not even make your rig break a sweat... MMOs are generally designed to be able to run on pretty much any PC, so that they can be as massively multiplayer as possible, so I wouldn't worry...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Effects for Alien pc's for neverwinter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrUCu21EtnM

So while ive just upgraded my pc (do so every 2 years) i went all out, but i still wont get some of the effects cos it aint Alienware?b:cry
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    Effects for Alien pc's for neverwinter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrUCu21EtnM

So while ive just upgraded my pc (do so every 2 years) i went all out, but i still wont get some of the effects cos it aint Alienware?b:cry

I believe (from what interview has said) that if you can run CO, you should be able to run neverwinter. And if you can't run champions online - you may still be able to run neverwinter.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If somebody hates CO, so they can't run it, does that mean the can't run NO (see I made it NO too :D)

Okay, moment of crazy thinking done, going back to analytical mode again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi All,

Always a good question to ask, You might like to check this app out.

http://sites.amd.com/US/GAME/TECHNOLOGY/Pages/can-you-run-it.aspx

My question would be, is there going to be a standard Download, and/or a Hi Res version offered?

Cheers! Galahad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
    edited June 2012
    galahad01 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Always a good question to ask, You might like to check this app out.

http://sites.amd.com/US/GAME/TECHNOLOGY/Pages/can-you-run-it.aspx

My question would be, is there going to be a standard Download, and/or a Hi Res version offered?

Cheers! Galahad

Only thing mentioned about system specs till now was that because of leaps in technological advancement in coding, it is now possible to make a game client which can run on low end systems - even more low end than cryptic's other games, while able to have better special effects available on the high end systems even compared to other games.

So it might be safe to assume that single client for both high end and low end will be available but with different experience based on your specs.
  • foxybatfoxybat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "High res/low res" separate downloads have nothing to do with performance. It just means less downloading if you choose low res textures; less time to wait around, less stress on their servers, etc. If you're going to display low rez textures due to the limited RAM on your gfx card, why download the high rez textures at all?
    edited June 2012
    Hi All,

Yes, but what about people that can utilize DX10 or 11? And will there be a psuedo 3D mode ? If there is anyhting along those lines offered then I would assume that there could be seperate Downloads. Trying to cram everything that works into one download I forsee issues.

However I don't code so can't say one way or the other, just putting the question out there.

Cheers! Galahad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2012
    BTW, like your sig image galahad and thanks for the canirun it link!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • strangecubestrangecube Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here's the requirements!

SORRY!
    source: http://nw.perfectworld.com/download
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
    <snip>
    <snip>
    Neverwinter Download and Beta Testing coming soon!

If you have activated your Beta Key, you will be notified when Beta testing begins and will receive instructions for downloading and logging into the game.

If you do not yet have a Perfect World account, please create one and you will be automatically added to the pool of potential Neverwinter Beta Test candidates. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news and be the first to know when Beta starts!

System Requirements
    COMING SOON!
    Please visit our FAQ for more information about Neverwinter.

Going to the FAQ, it states:
    Q: What are the System Requirements for Neverwinter?
    The full system requirements for Neverwinter have not yet been determined. Check back here for details!
  • strangecubestrangecube Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    If that was indeed what was listed on that page, then I am now under the impression that this has changed. My reasoning is that when we now, at the time of this posting, go to that page, it says:

Going to the FAQ, it states:

oh ****! forgot i'm in the closed beta you're not suppossed to see that!
    edited June 2012
    Hi Truth Seeker,

Your welcome for the link, glad you like the Signiture, just waiting for the Avatar fix then can put it back, not to crazy about the Dragon or what-ever it is.
    Looks like a cross between a rhino, triceratops, and dragon I guess heheheh.

I'm sure it will get strightend out.

Cheers!

Galahad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2012
    Okay, technically since the link was mentioned publicly in this forum, I have posted it in the New Users FAQ where to go to under Game Release, but might have to remove it should it be ruled for Beta-only people to view. You all have been warned, so no "Where did that download link go?" questions should it be pulled and I will note why if it becomes an issue.

If any more information should come out (outside what it should look like when you successfully register,) I most likely cannot post it if there are NDA/propriatary restrictions. If anybody sends/posts information that is restricted, I cannot post it on my thread as it would require Cryptic/PWE's permission to post on my thread, but I will discuss it with you in confidence, (such as PM) with the understanding I am not responsible if anybody chooses to violate privacy agreements relating to Beta if applicable and I will not violate said privacy agreements should they be applicable.

But for now, updated the Download/System Requirements as a final link for those who have registered with a Beta Key on my Neverwinter New Users FAQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikicar0011mikicar0011 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    http://tinypic.com/r/24luck1/6
    System reqirements :)
    edited June 2012
    Wow I go to a vacation a few hundred miles from home, come back and there is a new development?

So it seems beta is going to start sooner than soon(r)? :)
    edited June 2012
    Good question. Since we're showing a system requirements listing, updated the FAQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    I am comfortably safe on my Laptop :-)